AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, Monday June 26th 2023, 10am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredible PPV. Another of those that I found really exhausting, but definitely rewarding.

• I hate MJF now responding to the "coward" chants. Why would he care?
  • 4 way was excellent. Fast-paced and really good fun.
  • it's still a bummer that SANADA didn't get a better showcase match, the dude is a star.
  • loved the 5 on 5. The finish felt a bit random, but it guess it spins off into Blood & Guts now?
  • Kenny vs Ospreay was obviously incredible. That tiger driver where Omega was just dumped on his head was gross. I love wrestling as great performance art - the sequence leading to Omega kicking out of the One Winged Angel at 1 was so intense, it was designed to invoke a reaction. For me? I howled with laughter. I don't even know why. The emotional release. The silliness of wrestling. The fact that the move is so protected, that Omega's version has only been kicked out of once, and that was like 10 years ago... I dunno, in a really intense match I thought it was hilarious.
  • I loved Danielson vs Okada, while knowing down the stretch that, given the nature of this match, it's only part 1. I think SANADA leaving LIJ and immediately winning the belt with J5G results in Naito winning this year's G1 to challenge SANADA - and Okada probably has his opponent now.

Looked like Bryan injured his Right Arm

Broken apparently. So it wasn't just a great sell job!

I wonder if it was the planned finish, or if he just started twisting Okada like a Mr Stretch doll because they had something else planned that he couldn't do.

Broken apparently. So it wasn't just a great sell job!

I wonder if it was the planned finish, or if he just started twisting Okada like a Mr Stretch doll because they had something else planned that he couldn't do.

Sucks for Bryan as he be out for sometime.

Guess though better then another Concussion

Just finished watching.

MJF and Tanahashi. Great opener. Was expected that MJF would use the Diamond ring
Punk being booed and Punk playing up to it was great.
The 4 way was solid, was really hoping for ZSJ for the win. Definitely need to see more of ZSJ. Has a ton of talent.
Jungle Boy vs Sanada, yea my take that it was a piss break match, wasn’t wrong. I just can not get into Jungle Boy, he bores me, so can’t really get into the heel turn either. Jungle Boy comes across as that annoying kid, who loses a race and then makes out he won the race by showing off his participation medal
The 10 man tag, when I was watching it last night, I was starting to fall asleep. Don’t know if it was the Bucks putting me to sleep, or having to get up at 4am did it! The Mox and Kingston parts are really the only things I remember, will have to rewatch.
the women’s match, just another Piss break. Good on Toni for winning
Kenny vs Osprey, best match of the card. The little taunts, the kicking out of the one winged Angel after a 1 count. Kenny really needs to ditch the Bucks and Page. His single matches are sublime. Kudo’s to Will Osprey as well tremendous match by both, can’t wait for number 3.
The 6 man tag with STING, thanks Tony… was where it needed to be, another solid match.
Okada vs Danielson. There needs to be a rematch. The 2 wrestlers could wrestle a broomstick. Odd finish, but with Danielsons arm being broken, can understand the abrupt finish. Loved the Ginal Countdown as Danielson’s theme song as well.

overall it was a great PPV, can’t wait for All In at Wemberly now,

Just finished watching.

MJF and Tanahashi. Great opener. Was expected that MJF would use the Diamond ring
Punk being booed and Punk playing up to it was great.
The 4 way was solid, was really hoping for ZSJ for the win. Definitely need to see more of ZSJ. Has a ton of talent.
Jungle Boy vs Sanada, yea my take that it was a piss break match, wasn’t wrong. I just can not get into Jungle Boy, he bores me, so can’t really get into the heel turn either. Jungle Boy comes across as that annoying kid, who loses a race and then makes out he won the race by showing off his participation medal
The 10 man tag, when I was watching it last night, I was starting to fall asleep. Don’t know if it was the Bucks putting me to sleep, or having to get up at 4am did it! The Mox and Kingston parts are really the only things I remember, will have to rewatch.
the women’s match, just another Piss break. Good on Toni for winning
Kenny vs Osprey, best match of the card. The little taunts, the kicking out of the one winged Angel after a 1 count. Kenny really needs to ditch the Bucks and Page. His single matches are sublime. Kudo’s to Will Osprey as well tremendous match by both, can’t wait for number 3.
The 6 man tag with STING, thanks Tony… was where it needed to be, another solid match.
Okada vs Danielson. There needs to be a rematch. The 2 wrestlers could wrestle a broomstick. Odd finish, but with Danielsons arm being broken, can understand the abrupt finish. Loved the Ginal Countdown as Danielson’s theme song as well.

overall it was a great PPV, can’t wait for All In at Wemberly now,

Echoed my thoughts perfectly.

Only small criticism was that maybe the Osprey and Kenny match could have finished a smidge earlier. There were some brutal close falls that would have been excellent finishes.

But yeah, singles Kenny is infinitely better. Feels more like the NJPW version of him rather than goofy Elite side. (Although I didn't mind his heel run before he dropped the title to Page).

Seriously should run back Kenny/Osprey and Danielson/Okada at Wembley. Thats stadium level stuff. Lived up to the hype.
I think it’s more likely for Danielson/Okada to have a rematch at Wrestle Kingdom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back