Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 6 - Demons v Tigers Sat April 24th 7:25pm EST (MCG) Tigercast Link in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea what your point is.

Yes we sh*t the bed in that prelim.

Yes we were better than Richmond tonight.

... Profit?

Let's move on.
My point is quite clear. Melbourne, despite tonight's performance and being 6-0, are not a believable prospect as this year's premier and are too dubious to even say they will make it as far as a prelim. This is based off of how Melbourne have been my whole life. You simply cannot trust them no matter how good they may look.

My point is quite clear. Melbourne, despite tonight's performance and being 6-0, are not a believable prospect as this year's premier and are too dubious to even say they will make it as far as a prelim. This is based off of how Melbourne have been my whole life. You simply cannot trust them no matter how good they may look.
Fair enough. We are historically flakey.

If we are looking at chances for winning this year's flag, I'd still rather be us than you.

Pickett is the best small forward in the comp. Doesn't rack up the goals yet but combination of pressure and score involvements is worth another 3-4 goals a game. Make no mistake, this Melbourne forward line is absolute trash and he alone (Fristich goes okay too) is making it function to a passable standard.

I like your post and love Kosi, although if we're counting Toby Green as a small forward then he's the best in the comp imo just off the top of my head. Also, Tom McDonald says hi. Has been poor at times in the past, no doubt, but is a running machine and reliable kick for goal. Is thriving in this system atm.

Edit: Spargo generally and Nibbler (ANB) have been playing their roles nicely too and pressuring hard. Richmond won a flag with those types.

Imagine still going on, hours later.

This will be spoken of in legends, Black Saab's epic melt.

View attachment 1110902
Agreed - the level of entitlement of Richmond supporters is nauseating.

And Richmond were a pile of s**t for
so much cringe.
im legitimately embarrassed reading this thread.
Yeah it’s gone past embarrassing for me to quite sad and concerning.

Agreed - the level of entitlement of Richmond supporters is nauseating.
Luckily many of the unbearable types will be missing

Obviously not all of them will yet....

It's almost like he's single handily trying to make up for all the missing ones....

Yep, I'll agree with you on every point there. History shows that you just have to make it to the finals. Any team has a chance from then on in any legit sporting code on the planet where there is a finals system in place and an even though playing field amongst the competitors.

We know top four is the prized place to finish in the ladder but history shows that the best performed teams during the regular season do not automatically become the best finalists. Finals is like a whole separate competition where no regard is paid to who finished where once the games begin.

Perfectly said.

Fair enough. We are historically flakey.

If we are looking at chances for winning this year's flag, I'd still rather be us than you.
Yeah that was my point. No salt or rubbish intended.

As to the lady bit of your comment that you'd rather be 6-0 than 3-3. Yeah I think that depends on a few things. Without a doubt 6-0 is 24 premiership points. However 3-3 isn't bad and it keeps the team honest.

The other thing, as Richmond supporter, I've had to learn to trust my team despite the ladder position. 3 out of 4 flags and a prelim loss. The 3 flags where all acquired in seasons where the team was not performing well to to the bye round. Not round 6 but the bye round much later. So, even if they lose again next week to the Dogs I went be too bothered by that.

2018 was the best regular season by the RFC in decades but it was the only year in the last 4 where they didn't win it.

Having said all that, I'm now pretty bullish about our chances to make it to the pointy end. Feels good to be a real team. Please don't let me down again, Melbourne!

And Richmond were a pile of sh*t for

Yep I totally accept that Richmond becoming a powerhouse is completely stunning stuff. I never picked it. At the start of 2017 I was just hoping not for another 2016. When they made the finals I read hoping they'd just win one. That's it.

But they've proven themselves to be a seriously good side that you cannot count out by winning flags. Melbourne are not in that category and have never been in that category since what the 1960s??

I'm not having a go. I totally accept that it can turn and that's the really cool thing about sports. But I am not putting anything on Melbourne to win the flag not make it past a prelim.

If the Tigers get knocked out and Melbourne and the Dogs are still active they'd be the sides I'd hope win it. But I'd rely more on the Bulldogs to get it done the the Dees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that was my point. No salt or rubbish intended.

As to the lady bit of your comment that you'd rather be 6-0 than 3-3. Yeah I think that depends on a few things. Without a doubt 6-0 is 24 premiership points. However 3-3 isn't bad and it keeps the team honest.

The other thing, as Richmond supporter, I've had to learn to trust my team despite the ladder position. 3 out of 4 flags and a prelim loss. The 3 flags where all acquired in seasons where the team was not performing well to to the bye round. Not round 6 but the bye round much later. So, even if they lose again next week to the Dogs I went be too bothered by that.

2018 was the best regular season by the RFC in decades but it was the only year in the last 4 where they didn't win it.

Of course, recent history suggests that you rightfully deserve to be comfortable with your position and prospects going forward, as we know you have been able to go another gear in finals. However, it has to be said that all dynasty's do come to and end at some point and it's extremely rare historically (in recent times) that a team goes beyond 3 flags. The pack has evened. The Bulldogs are Geelong 07-esque and I'd back 'em to beat anyone right now and are far and away my flag favs.

Got beaten up in all departments. Lost the game, lost the tough stuff and lost players to injury.

The watershed is here and we need to accept it, embrace it. The same olds can no longer get it done. Bring on the changes.

Got beaten up in all departments. Lost the game, lost the tough stuff and lost players to injury.

The watershed is here and we need to accept it, embrace it. The same olds can no longer get it done. Bring on the changes.

Nice to see a richmond fan actually able to take a loss like a functioning adult. H&A loss Tigers have plenty of credits in the bank and usually start slow, all tonight confirmed was we might be ok.

Of course, recent history suggests that you rightfully deserve to be comfortable with your position and prospects going forward, as we know you have been able to go another gear in finals. However, it has to be said that all dynasty's do come to and end at some point and it's extremely rare historically (in recent times) that a team goes beyond 3 flags. The pack has evened. The Bulldogs are Geelong 07-esque and I'd back 'em to beat anyone right now and are far and away my flag favs.
Yeah that's true and at this point we'll wait and see. If the Tigers' season goes downhill massively from here so be it. If they make top 8 but not top 4 and get knocked out along the way so be it.

I still think Brisbane have a solid claim to make and Port too. I'd have both of those sides above the Bulldogs and Melbourne for premiership chances because they have been there recently and are building upon that post season platform. The Bulldogs aren't far behind them. The other one to keep in the mix is the Saints. They beat the Dogs in a final last year and if they get it together who knows what they are capable of. The Eagles once they get players back could be scary but Geelong I'm writing off as no chance.

Nice to see a richmond fan actually able to take a loss like a functioning adult. H&A loss Tigers have plenty of credits in the bank and usually start slow, all tonight confirmed was we might be ok.

At 6-0 you’re entitled to dream. Stats say you’re likely to finish top four, and it’s wide open from there.

5 years ago we would have said the same thing about Richmond.

See, I think another way of looking at is that "melting" on a forum is actually a great place to vent frustration. Much better than at your family or partner or friends or just randoms. Perhaps it's because we have to be really responsible in all other areas of our lives that these forums become a great place to vent and carry on over the footy. Ive heard sad stories where dad's or men couldn't handle a loss so they took it out on the kids or the wife. Kids growing up to hate the footy because it meant too much to dad and they lived in fear over the result of the game. That is really not ok.

I speak for myself here. Earlier, my wife comes out and sees me sitting quietly on the couch, the game is on. She asks how it is going. I say "nah, no good." Tell her I love her as she goes off to bed. I don't carry on, rant, rave, throw things in my house or take it out on her or the kids. The house is quiet as they sleep and I vent my frustration on here so I can let it go and move on.

There have to be places for men to vent safely and this is actually a good one.

Thanks mate didn't need your life story as I was referring to people at the game.

Back