Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Sun August 14th 3:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah pies fans should be loading up on that. Form team of the comp, Top 2, Love the wet weather and have no fear of the SCG. Very juicy odds.
We cannot continue winning. Sydney in Sydney is a huge test. And if there’s a flu running through the club then some of the players won’t be going at 100%. I reckon this is the week we finally drop one, but not because we were due or because of the flu, but because Sydney get the job done.

We cannot continue winning. Sydney in Sydney is a huge test. And if there’s a flu running through the club then some of the players won’t be going at 100%. I reckon this is the week we finally drop one, but not because we were due or because of the flu, but because Sydney get the job done.
It's honestly a toss of the coin for me. We're in very good form and our best footy is unbelievable but you can say the same of Collingwood at the moment. Huge stakes for both teams. An early final basically.

Flu sounds bad

Not confident at all now 😕

Yeah pies fans should be loading up on that. Form team of the comp, Top 2, Love the wet weather and have no fear of the SCG. Very juicy odds.
Sydney have won 4 of the last 6 at the SCG against pies. The two previous to that we were forced to play at the ANZ which Sydney hated and pies loved. So I would actually say they should have some fear of SCG.

Sydney have won 4 of the last 6 at the SCG against pies. The two previous to that we were forced to play at the ANZ which Sydney hated and pies loved. So I would actually say they should have some fear of SCG.
You could easily argue we’ve won 3 of the last 7 at the SCG if you wanted lol don’t know why you picked the last 6 only and assumed the Pies would have some fears of the SCG.

Could easily argue we’ve actually won 3 and lost 2 of the last 5 at the SCG…

1EB8B5A5-327B-43FC-80D3-E33E8D9ACA73.jpeg

Just offloaded a gorilla on big Mason Cox to snag the first sausage roll at 251.

Wish me luck.

You could easily argue we’ve won 3 of the last 7 at the SCG if you wanted lol don’t know why you picked the last 6 only and assumed the Pies would have some fears of the SCG.

Could easily argue we’ve actually won 3 and lost 2 of the last 5 at the SCG…

View attachment 1472858
I just started from the last time we had to play at the ANZ. Thought that would be the fairest time to start. As the point I was making was Sydney hated playing at ANZ.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes swans have beaten 4 times out of 6 at the SCG since the games moved from ANZ.

But 4 of these games went right down to the wire with Collingwood and Sydney winning 2 each.

Collingwood’s other 2 losses were last year and in 2016. Last year was a 5 goal loss in a year Collingwood only won 6 games. The other loss was in round 1 2016 when the drug scandal broke. Yes the pies lost by 80 points but it was a pretty poor year overall.

Those two losses actually have been Collingwood’s biggest in Sydney this century. Generally when Collingwood are in the eight and play the swans in Sydney, Collingwood will always win.

2018 was the exception but the final margin in that game was less than a goal.

I expect another really close game. The odds are ludicrous. These were the odds that were dished up each year by the bookies even when the pies won at anz 7 consecutive times. But that’s ok, I’m more than happy to snap up the odds of $2.90 :)

Yes swans have beaten 4 times out of 6 at the SCG since the games moved from ANZ.

But 4 of these games went right down to the wire with Collingwood and Sydney winning 2 each.

Collingwood’s other 2 losses were last year and in 2016. Last year was a 5 goal loss in a year Collingwood only won 6 games. The other loss was in round 1 2016 when the drug scandal broke. Yes the pies lost by 80 points but it was a pretty poor year overall.

Those two losses actually have been Collingwood’s biggest in Sydney this century. Generally when Collingwood are in the eight and play the swans in Sydney, Collingwood will always win.

2018 was the exception but the final margin in that game was less than a goal.

I expect another really close game. The odds are ludicrous. These were the odds that were dished up each year by the bookies even when the pies won at anz 7 consecutive times. But that’s ok, I’m more than happy to snap up the odds of $2.90 :)
Maybe fear was the wrong word, but people saying that Collingwood love playing in Sydney is probably over now.
The fact that we only played at ANZ for Collingwood and finals probably gave away our home game advantage, and the pies loved that place for some reason.
But on the $2.90, the betting agencies must have some insider knowledge of something about that flu, otherwise it would be close to even odds the way both teams are playing. If 4 players have it and the coach then that hurts. Plus Howe has that corky and Mihocek that hip issue. On the flip side I think the swans are relatively healthy.

It’s thrown me out as well. I’m confused by those odds. Feels like I’m missing something.
It must be that flu, added to the fact the way we play seems to possibly work well against pies style. Could go either way though. What were the odds against Melbourne last week?

It must be that flu, added to the fact the way we play seems to possibly work well against pies style. Could go either way though. What were the odds against Melbourne last week?
Similar odds, this one is probably a little more slanted towards Swans though.

Back