Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

Hawksboy72 said:

Is Brisbane's Poor MCG record worse than Collingwoods GF record??

$1.70 for team that's won 2 in 65 years and has a history of cocking up in Grand Finals...no thanks

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

absolute nonsense, Collingwood GF record has nothing to do with 'this' team

'this' team has NOT won 2 in 65 years !! they were won by OTHER Collingwood teams

'this' particularly Collingwood team is in its 1st GF.

Give me a dose of whatever you have been taking! Please. This will be my 16th grand final for 2 wins in my lifetime. It's impossible to not feel pessimistic.
I've got no respect for bandwagon Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn or Richmond supporters but unfortunately you'll win easily.

Collingwood are having more trouble kicking goals than Manchester United. Struggling to score again just won't cut it against Brisbane. Got away with 2 clubs shooting themselves in the foot to get to the GF. Melbourne against the Pies bumbled, fumbled, fell over, used the ball something horrid going into the F50, always out of position, kicked like a dog's hind leg at goal, having 25 shots to 15 but dumping 7 of those shots out on the full. Despite that they only lost by 7pts as the Pies struggled score.

Brisbane easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are showing a replay of the 2002 GF on Fox right now with Huddo, Browny, Bucks and Lynchy commentating it.

I hope this GF is more like that one than the 2003 GF which was a boring blowout even though it was great seeing Collingwood get thumped.

Bugger the neutrals Collingwood haters, I’m hoping for something like the 2010 replay where the entire second half was a big celebration!!!

Bugger the neutrals Collingwood haters, I’m hoping for something like the 2010 replay where the entire second half was a big celebration!!!

One of the worst GFs ever, it didn't even feel like a proper GF, they should have played extra time the week before and Collingwood probably would have lost.

I've got no respect for bandwagon Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn or Richmond supporters but unfortunately you'll win easily.
What has the first part of your statement got to do with whether you think we will win? Collingwood fans are the most loyal and the most likely to turn up even in the dark days. Of course, you get extras when the team is on a roll.

Feel like Payne’s not playing is cancelled out by Frampton’s inclusion v Gardiner.
Really is a pretty ordinary forward line for a GF.
We do lack a Matthew Pavlich type superstar. We couldn't possibly lose a GF with a Matthew Pavlich type superstar.

What has the first part of your statement got to do with whether you think we will win? Collingwood fans are the most loyal and the most likely to turn up even in the dark days. Of course, you get extras when the team is on a roll.
Na. You're entire supporter base is either directly or indirectly as a result of your premierships won in the VFL.

One of the worst GFs ever, it didn't even feel like a proper GF, they should have played extra time the week before and Collingwood probably would have lost.

Best GF I’ve ever been to! Plus the best grand final for fans actually getting to attend this century

Best GF I’ve ever been to! Plus the best grand final for fans actually getting to attend this century
Turn it up. It's the same every year.

Back