Opinion AFL Re-doing the theme songs

Remove this Banner Ad

A few were played on sen, Essendon and Hawthorn have a couple of weird higher pitch pronunciations, but thankfully ours seems to have escaped that butchering and largely sounds the same.

One difference though is “they know how to play the game” has been replaced with “we know how to play the game”. Most sing the latter anyway, so I see it as more a correction.

Bring back Vlad. RompingWins brother is a gigantic arsehat.
Should have been a friggin interior decorator.
The Tonia Todman of football administrators.
Next thing you know he will be putting sequins on the jumpers.
Screamer dimwit extraordinaire.

Meanwhile Ticketek's little side companies are already scalping ANZAC Day tickets at 5 times the face value...and he does FA. campaigner.

About time too. Seriously, nobody knows or cares about saying Goodbye to Dolly Gray, which was recorded in 1901. It's time our club song was written to the tune of something contemporary.

I hope it's going to be sung to Meghan Trainor's "All about the bass"

About time too. Seriously, nobody knows or cares about saying Goodbye to Dolly Gray, which was recorded in 1901. It's time our club song was written to the tune of something contemporary.

I hope it's going to be sung to Meghan Trainor's "All about the bass"

In honour of Dave, I'm on the Skyhooks "Smut" bandwagon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge sigh of relief listening to that small clip. I'm into music production so keen to hear the whole thing and analyse but I was expecting a big change. It does sound a bit dull on the clip but i'm not sure of their source. Feel like the main thing they were after is to update the recording because the old masters were a sounding bit shoddy. You can notice it a bit when at the ground. It doesn't worry me because it adds to to the vintage sound but you know the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back