Game Day AFLW R2 Crows vs Bulldogs Friday 10/02/17 Whitten Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

The one thing I've noticed is that we have more players who can kick longer than other teams. Plus we are the only ones I've seen set up wings.
We also appear to get extra numbers to the ball too & that is workrate, along with good structures... along with speedy players.

Also, like how we try to use our designated long kickers where possible.

Last edited:

We kicked exactly the same score as we did last week (7-6-48). And Bulldogs had the same number of scoring shots as we did, only they kicked 2-11.
Like last week, our forward line looked more dangerous with plenty of options, whilst our defence kept their forwards under pressure...Which was particularly important early against the breeze when we were under the pump.

Has anyone asked/commented on the band-aids that each player had behind the left ear?
What was that about?

The Mrs insists they wouldn't all get a tattoo, but that's my conspiracy theory.

We kicked exactly the same score as we did last week (7-6-48). And Bulldogs had the same number of scoring shots as we did, only they kicked 2-11.
Both of the bulldogs goals were from dubious free kicks.

That said, bulldogs could reasonably have expected to snaffle a couple of chances.
That said that said, the crows could have done the same for a couple of extras.

Has anyone asked/commented on the band-aids that each player had behind the left ear?
What was that about?

The Mrs insists they wouldn't all get a tattoo, but that's my conspiracy theory.

Both of the bulldogs goals were from dubious free kicks.

That said, bulldogs could reasonably have expected to snaffle a couple of chances.
That said that said, the crows could have done the same for a couple of extras.
Bandaids were monitors to do with concussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... what was with the bandaids?

Just kidding. Have seen that it's been answered 20 times.

Every time the ball spills in our F50 it feels like we're going to get a goal. It's like a fleet of Eddie Bettses running around up there.

Thought Tex was going to get suspended in the last 5 seconds. Luckily she couldn't catch her thought better of it

485853.jpg

485854.jpg

Ya gotta love Noffy's passion.

Every time the ball spills in our F50 it feels like we're going to get a goal. It's like a fleet of Eddie Bettses running around up there.

Thought Tex was going to get suspended in the last 5 seconds. Luckily she couldn't catch her thought better of it
She could have caught her easy. See how she sprinted down to the Crows supporters after the game? Beat everyone else there. No, she was pulled up by her teammate telling her not to be a dick.

I don't want this to sound the wrong way... but the passion our girls sing with, makes it seem like a) they know how big a thing this is, and b) that the guys take for granted what the girls have never had. Does that make sense?

Yes, I was thinking this last week too. With the lengthy negotiations over the new cba, I thought about dangerfield's comment that's a career and not a hobby ( which I understand). But then we see the women just happy to have the opportunity play, and it puts things perspective.

Was her Victorian club teammate, so was just friendly banter.

I don't want this to sound the wrong way... but the passion our girls sing with, makes it seem like a) they know how big a thing this is, and b) that the guys take for granted what the girls have never had. Does that make sense?

They are certainly playing like they know if it's good to watch (my oath it was) they can keep doing it. The effort was massive, had me wincing at stages. I was quite unprepared to see this level of hard at it footy and I would pay good money to see it. It was played like a grand final.
A lot from the A column not much from the B column.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back