Game Day AFLW Round 3: vs Richmond at Punt Road 2.10pm AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunate to let them get 2 back but good win in the end there

Solid game all round, Tigers got sloppy in the last and gave away too many frees, we were already running away with it though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching a replay of the game now. Hayley Miller is fantastic to watch. Pugh is underrated in the back line. Dana East and Runnells are up and comers in this team.

I would cringe at the skill level of AFLW in previous seasons but I’m loving the girls footy this year.

Great win.

Just watching a replay of the game now. Hayley Miller is fantastic to watch. Pugh is underrated in the back line. Dana East and Runnells are up and comers in this team.

I would cringe at the skill level of AFLW in previous seasons but I’m loving the girls footy this year.

Great win.
Finally starting to happen. Taken a few years but you're now seeing girls who've been playing the game since they were 12/13 as well as the natural development of those in the system. You can see the skills improving, along with the scores. I mean I'm happy when the guys kick 11.11, for the women relative to previous season's averages, it's amazing. AFLW is going to improve leaps and bounds year on year now. As a father of a young girl I'm loving that there's another sport that is on track to be genuinely elite by the time she's able to watch and enjoy it, let alone play of she wants.

Also not going to lie; love it that the Dockers are killing it and the Eagles are s**t.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Finally starting to happen. Taken a few years but you're now seeing girls who've been playing the game since they were 12/13 as well as the natural development of those in the system. You can see the skills improving, along with the scores. I mean I'm happy when the guys kick 11.11, for the women relative to previous season's averages, it's amazing. AFLW is going to improve leaps and bounds year on year now. As a father of a young girl I'm loving that there's another sport that is on track to be genuinely elite by the time she's able to watch and enjoy it, let alone play of she wants.

Also not going to lie; love it that the Dockers are killing it and the Eagles are sh*t.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Excuse my ignorance but do the womens games still have the shorter quarters?

Excuse my ignorance but do the womens games still have the shorter quarters?

Shorter quarters, less players on the field and an extra interchange player.

AFLW is improving year on year, but they are a long way off elite as mentioned. Having said that, it is enjoyable to see more clear passages of play and some good goals. Tighe is going to be a gun as she strings some games together. If she keeps tapping to advantage, taking marks around the ground and can kick a goal every other game she will become one of our most important players.

Bowers is a beast. Just an absolute beast. What a ripper!

Can anyone let me know what the strange sideways triangle on the back of the jumper was? Weird colours to go with the nice rainbow.

Shorter quarters, less players on the field and an extra interchange player.

AFLW is improving year on year, but they are a long way off elite as mentioned. Having said that, it is enjoyable to see more clear passages of play and some good goals. Tighe is going to be a gun as she strings some games together. If she keeps tapping to advantage, taking marks around the ground and can kick a goal every other game she will become one of our most important players.

Bowers is a beast. Just an absolute beast. What a ripper!

Can anyone let me know what the strange sideways triangle on the back of the jumper was? Weird colours to go with the nice rainbow.
It’s the new pride flag. It represents the transgender community, and the intersectional and further marginalised queer people of colour. Personally not a huge fan. The original rainbow represents all of us already imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back