Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Leigh Adams feels like a future head coach that Clarko has taken under his wing.

PXL_20240329_065242936.jpg

Let’s address the elephant in the room

He’s had a lot going on obviously, but he’s also had two preseasons to this point and hasn’t moved the needle a whole lot.

There’s been some definate natural improvement of some players. However last year was the year of Daniel Howe, Kayne Turner, Liam Shiels etc.

This year seems we will be indulging in Stephens, Tucker and Corr week after week.

There’s been a big pivot in game style, with not a whole heap of success to this point.

Defensive structures and defensive transition still diabolical.

The above would probably be fine for a rookie coach for a side in our position, but we are probably handing him one of the biggest pay packets in the league.

Jury is out at the moment imo if we are getting return on investment

Let’s address the elephant in the room

He’s had a lot going on obviously, but he’s also had two preseasons to this point and hasn’t moved the needle a whole lot.

There’s been some definate natural improvement of some players. However last year was the year of Daniel Howe, Kayne Turner, Liam Shiels etc.

This year seems we will be indulging in Stephens, Tucker and Corr week after week.

There’s been a big pivot in game style, with not a whole heap of success to this point.

Defensive structures and defensive transition still diabolical.

The above would probably be fine for a rookie coach for a side in our position, but we are probably handing him one of the biggest pay packets in the league.

Jury is out at the moment imo if we are getting return on investment

Congratulations

The stupidest thing I’ve ever read on this forum

Moved Harry into the middle when we need a change up.
The midfield structure just isn't working. Neither is the forward structure.

And whilst we have the defenders we currently have on the list, our backline will continue to stay mediocre.

Already lost a two players to long term injuries and it's not even a quarter into the season.

This job keeps getting harder for the bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a complicated game according to Clarko (at his Wednesday press conference):

"There's goal-posts at either end, grass in the middle & a red bag of air that we're both chasing around"

I do like he addressed that we are still physically off and need to get bigger and fitter

None of our midfield or any of our players are intimidating tbh

yep. who's lining up shoulder to shoulder with neale, duncan and bailey in the middle? our boys need muscle!

but at least we've had 5 years of top picks to sort out some defenders for cameron, rayner, daniflop and that other baby giraffe. oh wait...

i pray that the dysfunctional lions of the past three rounds shows up tomorrow otherwise we're fkd.

i don't think ppl still understand how far back we are and how monumental clarko's task is.

Wow team wasn't even out at 3pm but I guess you just wanted to get in early slagging off the coach thinking you know better.
Should call yourself TennisPlayerNegative
Yeah like i have said plenty of times some posters just cant be pleased no matter who is coaching us they think they know better. Always easy from the arm chair. 2-3 years time the same posters will be saying i knew all along he would get us our 5th and sixth flag.

Yes its his first full year but f*** picking Corr, playing McDonald, not picking a true centre half-forward. This on him.

The way this teams been prepared is horrible.

Why wouldnt you plan to tag Neale you absolute shitcampaigner. Even I would have picked Shiels to run with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back