Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with other posters about the state of the list, that is beyond question.

However what I don't accept or have concerns about Clarko's ability is both the game plan, and probably more concerningly the ability to get the most out of the players we do have. There are so many half efforts each week that are killing us and I would have thought the environment he and Viney would have implemented wouldn't have stood for this. But we just seem to accept it and say "we're on a journey" each week.

Some of the efforts from Ford yesterday were disgraceful, and he's not the only one.

I agree with other posters about the state of the list, that is beyond question.

However what I don't accept or have concerns about Clarko's ability is both the game plan, and probably more concerningly the ability to get the most out of the players we do have. There are so many half efforts each week that are killing us and I would have thought the environment he and Viney would have implemented wouldn't have stood for this. But we just seem to accept it and say "we're on a journey" each week.

Some of the efforts from Ford yesterday were disgraceful, and he's not the only one.
recommend you read Rick’s weekly analysis to better understand where we’re at and why we’re doing the things we are.

It won’t take away the pain but will make you feel a tad better.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR CLARKSON .
This poster isn’t a NMFC member or supporter. He’s just a poster who supports another club but delights on posting on other clubs boards. Just ignore him. His message is the same week after week, dragging out the same boring lines. He has a deep seated hatred for NMFC. He is a low life, and if we ignore his posts he will return to the sewer from where he came.

If you don't think Clarko is up to the job, who do you think would be? I'd be interested to hear your answer. Clarko is the best coach in the business. If he can't do it, I don't think anyone can.
Honestly I don’t know, tell me 1 coach in the AFL era that has gone from being successful at one club and then doing it at another?…..

Players need to understand that their efforts are being watched every week either in the AFL or the VFL. Some seem to think that they only have to perform towards the end of the season to be kept but this isnt the case. Clarkson did say to the players that he is looking at players to take them forward to a GF and some will not be there to help in that. This is a 5 year project so some players are skating on thin ice like Ford especially when he puts in efforts like he did on the weekend.

Honestly I don’t know, let’s remember Clarko’s last few years at the hawks were rather ordinary…
Thats right lets keep looking at the past and not direct our attention to the future..

Remember different club and different players..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rossco you need to have a little perspective. I agree he has been a disappointment and that most likely the game has gone past him. I don’t think he will coach a final again and he certainly won’t win another premiership. However to sack the bloke now is asinine. We have zero leadership at the club other than him and Todd. We operate on par with a local RSL Club such are the other leaders on the board and in other management positions. We are a shambles. Clarko and Todd are the the only thing giving us some legitimacy right now. Those guys are there every week fronting up for a mess they don’t create. They are the fall guys the media can’t question because of the runs on the board. Imagine a new first year coach with the pathetic support currently at north. They Wouldn’t last 2 seconds (see Rhyce Shaw). Clarko’s role now is to pump games into the kids, keep morale up and not lose any more senior players. I think he can do those 3 things. In a few years when hopefully we are more competitive on field and more competent off field then we can try for someone else. That won’t be anytime soon so you getting upset everyday won’t be good for your own mental health. Think of it as bad relationship we just need to tough out till better things come our way :)

I highly doubt players dropping heads after and going out every single week to be unsuccessful and zero hope to do so in the future isn't weighing in our confidence or mental state. That's not realistic. On the surface maybe.

You do know that there are rumours of players leaving and there will be because of the above.

Like every NM fan, I was stoked when we landed Clarko.
I knew the list was putrid, but I honestly thought the one non-negotiable under his reign would be EFFORT. I expected us to exert a high level of sustained pressure on opposition teams most weeks.
Sadly, I was mistaken.

Coll had 6 guys on Fri night vs Freo with 10 games or less experience, yet those guys were manic in their pressure output.

Something is off at Arden St. Really off.

Its not going to happen

sorry at the start of this year did you hold that view of the list? You believed that we would go 0-11 with an average losing margin of 52? If you did kudos to you. You saw something not many of us did.
I didn't but a few people I know who don't support us did and it was pretty much for the reasons we see every weekend.

It just has Malthouse Carlton written all over it.

I hope I’m wrong.
Malthouse is senile. He is a stubborn, conservative reactionary little man with a neat moustache. Like a games master at a mid-tier boys private school in the 1930s. Carlton got him to win a flag, and he started out saying “I don’t see how we’ll lose a game”. He was delusional, with dementia probably already setting in.

He played his boundary line style with an average list and refused to adapt.

Has Clarko said anything except that we’re shit and it’s gonna take time? He’s also nothing like Malthouse - he’s much more intelligent and he has adapted to the modern game. They’re not comparable.

Clarko is here to build. Malthouse went there to win a flag. Also, we’re literally 20 games in.

Read Rick’s blog. The coach knows what he is doing.

Yes, just stop it everyone! He’s walked into a club that’s the Rolls Royce of the AFL with talent and leadership like no other! Look at our past 10 years, just exquisite.
Been set up perfectly for Clarko! So everyone, stop making excuses for Clarko! Just stop it!

Please….
Looks like Saintlys was on the piss last night.

I highly doubt players dropping heads after and going out every single week to be unsuccessful and zero hope to do so in the future isn't weighing in our confidence or mental state. That's not realistic. On the surface maybe.

You do know that there are rumours of players leaving and there will be because of the above.
Look I agree it’s not great. I just don’t think we have an alternative right now. Do you trust the people that run the club to make the right decisions going forward? I certainly don’t. Another coaching change would be a disaster. For good or bad this is our lot now. We will need serious off field reform before I would have confidence in changing coach.

Honestly I don’t know, tell me 1 coach in the AFL era that has gone from being successful at one club and then doing it at another?…..
Sure
Mick Malthouse- Footscray, WCE, Collingwood
Malcom Blight- Geelong, Adelaide
Matthews-Pies, Lions
David Parkin- Haw, Fitzroy, Carlton
Robert Walls-Carlton, Bears
Paul Roos-Syd, Melb

Of the top of my head without going back past 80s.

All of those coaches stints at each of the above clubs would be considered a success.

Walls and Roos created the building blokes for both teams flags.

Spot on. Add to this, Clarko and Viney did a complete clean out of assistant and development coaches. He should now have his team in place which will take time to get aligned and put a new stamp on the club and playing list. God knows what Gavin Brown has been doing over the years but the players are not going to develop and learn new ways and habits overnight. This time next year we can judge him and the coaching team and start pathetic threads like "Bye Bye Clarkson".
That thread has its positives if the chicken little's keep to their thread discussing the sky falling, as long as they done come here crapping on,

Look I agree it’s not great. I just don’t think we have an alternative right now. Do you trust the people that run the club to make the right decisions going forward? I certainly don’t. Another coaching change would be a disaster. For good or bad this is our lot now. We will need serious off field reform before I would have confidence in changing coach.

I think its more than just clarko too. Its the whole lot of them, players, patch, all our midfield, defence coaches, Rawlings, Todd, Sonja etc

What’s the issue with that? He does. What should he say?
Stop wetting the bed every week, it’s boring as heck.

I never said it was a issue haha I was pointing out how repetitive that line is with him. Its boring.

**** me we were all sick of hearing Brad "easy fix" lol

You lot carry on like none of us are allowed to poke fun or be realistic anymore. Everything is rainbows and lollipops. Now that's boring as **** ;)

Put $1mil on the table and give it to anybody that’s coached under Ross Lyon or Justin Longmuir and can teach our mob some defensive structure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back