All Australian Team 2016

Which player is the most stiff to miss the AA squad?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant just kept Cameron to 1 goal and wasn't even on him when it was scored. Taliban Tarrant McGovern for me.. If Rance makes it it's purely media driven
Sure it's not to do with the fact that he's the best key defender in the comp?

Doesn't get enough useless one-twos to inflate his stats.
That's such a rubbish claim against anyone. If you are averaging 25+ touches you're going to have some one-twos in there. JK has his fair share as well.

Now if you're averaging 25+ touches with 20 of them uncontested you might have an argument but we call them wingers and you need players doing that.

LOL Matthew Lloyd just included Andre Gaff in his AA. Gaffy is one of my favourite players but theres no way he deserves to be in the side. Form of late has been good but his kicking and overall impact this season cannot be compared to 2015.

Compare those stats to say Lachie Neale and there is your answer.

I was talking about Motlop being in the mix for a forward spot, not in the midfield.

I'm not expecting he'll make the side, and is probably an outside chance for the squad even, was just wondering why there was such a difference in perception between his previous best season and his current one, when he's putting up virtually the same numbers overall.

N. Riewoldt putting on another clinic today. Averages 20 touches, 10 marks (12 today before half time), close to 2 goals a game (3 today before half time) and 7 score involvements across the year. Don't see how he misses personally. Remarkable player.

Tarrant just kept Cameron to 1 goal and wasn't even on him when it was scored. Taliban Tarrant McGovern for me.. If Rance makes it it's purely media driven

Nonsense on stilts.

How many key defenders could be named BOG in a 90 point loss? He's been incredible this year.

LOL Matthew Lloyd just included Andre Gaff in his AA. Gaffy is one of my favourite players but theres no way he deserves to be in the side. Form of late has been good but his kicking and overall impact this season cannot be compared to 2015.
Matthew Lloyd is a goose.

I was talking about Motlop being in the mix for a forward spot, not in the midfield.

I'm not expecting he'll make the side, and is probably an outside chance for the squad even, was just wondering why there was such a difference in perception between his previous best season and his current one, when he's putting up virtually the same numbers overall.

Consistency. In the 2013 home and away season he kicked 2 or more goals in 15 games. This year he has done so just 10 games. Probably had more very good games this year but has had several where he had no impact. Awards like AA typically recognise consistent performers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarrant should make the team ... but Rance should be the first key back picked

Obviously biased, but I'd be disappointed if any of Rampe, Parker, Hanners, buddy and Kennedy don't make it. Grundy to also make the squad of 40.

Rance is in, Talia should be in. Tarrant and McGovern fighting for the 3rd spot. I'm flipping week to week pretty much.

Obviously biased, but I'd be disappointed if any of Rampe, Parker, Hanners, buddy and Kennedy don't make it. Grundy to also make the squad of 40.
I think you're safe with D-Ramp and Lance but I'm really interested to see how Sydney fans in general rank the 3 mids in terms of AA worthiness this year. Unlikely all will be squeezed in but I can barely separate them. If I had to pick I'd go

Parker
Kennedy
Hannebery

But there have been times that it's been completely flipped. What do the Sydney fans reckon?

I think you're safe with D-Ramp and Lance but I'm really interested to see how Sydney fans in general rank the 3 mids in terms of AA worthiness this year. Unlikely all will be squeezed in but I can barely separate them. If I had to pick I'd go

Parker
Kennedy
Hannebery

But there have been times that it's been completely flipped. What do the Sydney fans reckon?
Parker had a great start, Hanners a great end, Kennedy been more solid all year

If I had to only pick 1, Kennedy

Parker
Kennedy
Hannebery

I think I agree with your ranking, but not much separates all 3. I think they all deserve to be in

Rance's opponent kicked 7.4

RANCE had 9 marks and 13 intercept possessions.

Richmond and Hardwick were the problem.

Without Rance we'd have lost by 213 and that's been the case in a lot of games.

Rance is a lock. Sorry but the AA selectors aren't as silly as poeple on here and completely change their opinions based off 1 game.
Before this round every squad posted had him and he was considered a complete lock. 1 game doesn't change that.

Hope Nick Riewoldt gets another selection. 20.76 disposals, 10.57 marks, 1.95 goals a game while spending most of his time on the wing (obviously got a full game forward today). Half forward flank a chance?

Steven 31 disposals and 1 goal ends the season well and keeps his chance alive.

The justifications for Rance just get sillier.

Who GAF how many possessions Rance had? Firrito had 20 touches and 6 marks last night. Should we give him a vote?
I guess if you'd never actually watched Rance play you might feasibly believe that overhype from the fourth estate keeps him up where he is. From your posting it genuinely seems like this is the case. His dominance is clearly objective, but maybe you have to see it to actually believe it.

Z Merrett should be in the team even if it's on the bench, he out played Bonts last week and now Cripps.
Kids a bloody gun.

Back