All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Darby falling down stairs. Is he getting squashed next week?

I don’t think it’ll be a squash, they have set him up for it and have the excuse.

Think he will get some offence in.

But Miro wins no doubt and then Darby has the revenge story with Ethan Page to go into.

I still can't believe people are here defending that finish :rolleyes:

While their production sucks, one definite positive I was thinking about watching yesterday's show was the booking, and how well they've handled the NXT move. Week on week they're announcing stuff that you really want to see, with the IWGP US title match, tag title matches and women's title matches all announced for next week. They're creating a show that NXT viewers will tune into week on week and become habitual viewing.

That's really good stuff - if you've got former NXT devotees checking out the product (which the ratings support), you're giving them a reason to keep coming back next week.

The problem? It took me til today to remember that next week is set to be a cracker... I hope those former NXT devotees didn't shudder at the shitty directing at the end and forget about all the build for next week.

Wow. I don’t watch AEW and if they want to put on s**t Indy wrestling that’s their prerogative. But * me stop embarrassing everyone with these fake finishes. It does irreparable damage to all wrestling promotions.

After watching all the War Games matches with The Lapsed Fan it becomes obvious that you don’t need big spots to create a fantastic war of attrition. You just need big hits, strong selling and see-sawing momentum.

By all reports the rest of the match was very good, so why ruin it with a massive acrobatic stunt you don’t need? I really hope this is the last straw for them and they begin to pull things back and make things more sportslike and reality based (like they originally promised)

AEW Dynamite - 0.42 demo, 1st in ranking, 1 090 000

After kicking Paul's Pet Project's arse repeatedly (and seeing them leave with their tails between their legs), the good guys of wrestling have finally claimed the number one cable ranking (and rustled a lot of hater jimmies online). :p

QT Marshall, Cody Rhodes draped in the UK flag, Julia Hart, Nakazawa three belts, Darby Allin thrown down a set of stairs and Jericho having a well deserved rest on "concrete" are #1 draws, CONFIRMED!!!

Andddddddddddddddd they still arent as a big a draw as the MIZ ;)

Miz and Mrs drew below NXT again.

I enjoy the Miz’s show though. It should be doing higher ratings than a boring Santos Escobar promo.

Here's the thing despite the finish; If you watched last night as a lapsed fan in desperate need of a WWE alternative, you were treated to unscripted promos, heaps of blood and chair shots to the head. You were given everything the WWE hasn't been doing for a long damn time.

That might be just enough for people to ignore the crash pad finale.

Personally I enjoyed seeing blood make a comeback, but the chair shots irked me a bit in these times of CTE awareness.

The Kenny and Miro promos back to back felt quite old school as well. I also enjoyed the location they took place in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I prefer licensed music personally. WWF/E introduced me to a hell of a lot of bands I probably wouldn't have heard of otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back