List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So the conclusion is we can't draft for s**t until Rawlings arrived (who has since gone) so the club fixed that by trading away all our picks for Tim Kelly?

Next level thinking right there.
Rawlings should have drafted him last year . Not thinking right there

All aboard the Philp train here.

The more I see of him, the more I am impressed.

The most under-rated player in this years' pool in my opinion.

Ready to play stoppage machine; a clearance beast that wins possession and accelerates away from the contest at pace.

With the weapons he has I can't see how he would ever last to pick 46 though.

The club definitely needs to find a way of trading up in the draft.
Are you all aboard 2 midfielders in the main draft?
Philps and Garcia please. If we can....

Not spent much time looking at Harley Sparks play live so not in the best position to answer. He may be worth a rookie spot but not close to consideration at 46. Depends whether we pick up a sliding position player at 46 or whether we go for the best mid available at 46. I would go the latter but there again O'Brien and I rarely think on common grounds when it comes to drafting mids. His stats are a littel hot and cold so I don't have the full inside s to why. I like the fact he showed good signs in a couple of ressies games. Any others with better inside?
Cheers mate. He was just a left field selection i was thinking off. His 40 odd possession game stood out for me. Looked to me like he was consistently in the 20s though

Biggest draft need is a ruckman imo. Given Brooksby didnt make it.
Anyone seen this young kid play?

ZAKPATTERSON
HEIGHT
202 cm
WEIGHT
85 kg
CLUB FROM
Joondalup/Kinross JFC
LEAGUE FROM
Northern Conference
POSITION
N/A
LAST 10 MATCHES
ROUNDGRADEOPPOSITIONKHDMTHOFFFAGB
Preliminary Final, 2019ColtsClaremont36906360300
Finals Week 2, 2019ColtsEast Perth1071733273100
Finals Week 1, 2019ColtsClaremont481214400201
Round 20, 2019ColtsSouth Fremantle491312450100
Round 19, 2019ColtsSubiaco10112132360200
Round 12, 2019ColtsSubiaco76135000120
Round 11, 2019ColtsSwan Districts651143240000
Round 7, 2019ColtsPeel Thunder791660161100
Round 5, 2019ColtsEast Fremantle691532192010
Round 3, 2019ColtsSouth Fremantle871562170200
CAREER OVERVIEW (LEAGUE)

Thats what was said when we drafted tom lamb .
Lamb and vanilla,reeks of a masterchef contestant getting overly fancy .lamb had all the physical attributes to be a star so we took.a chance.didnt work.partington was a safe pick with no outstanding attributes.i.have no point

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

South Freo

I know mate. I was basically just trying to get the conversation going outside the square. Alot of it may be crap or irrelevant but hey doesnt hurt right?
No.really all the numbers are 1 long row.are they supposed to be like that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you all aboard 2 midfielders in the main draft?
Philps and Garcia please. If we can....

I have a feeling Garcia may slide due to his size - 176cm and 70kg is exceptionally slight for an onball player. Regardless of how much progress he makes in the gym, he will never have the body to go head-to-head with a Dangerfield, Bontempelli or P.Cripps.
Can see him potentially slipping into the rookie draft.

Completely on board for two midfielders in the national draft:

1st selection: best inside midfielder available - preferably with pace.
2nd selection: mature-aged midfielder who can make an instant impact next season.

As for the rookie draft:

1st selection: local inside midfield project player with high ceiling.
2nd selection: local key defender with good disposal and rebound ability.

With that in mind, I am hopeful for the following:

National draft:
1st selection: S.Philp
2nd selection: J.Bolton

Rookie draft:
1st selection: R.O'Connor
2nd selection: J.Pasini

I have a feeling Garcia may slide due to his size - 176cm and 70kg is exceptionally slight for an onball player. Regardless of how much progress he makes in the gym, he will never have the body to go head-to-head with a Dangerfield, Bontempelli or P.Cripps.
Can see him potentially slipping into the rookie draft.

Completely on board for two midfielders in the national draft:

1st selection: best inside midfielder available - preferably with pace.
2nd selection: mature-aged midfielder who can make an instant impact next season.

As for the rookie draft:

1st selection: local inside midfield project player with high ceiling.
2nd selection: local key defender with good disposal and rebound ability.

With that in mind, I am hopeful for the following:

National draft:
1st selection: S.Philp
2nd selection: J.Bolton

Rookie draft:
1st selection: R.O'Connor
2nd selection: J.Pasini

Curious as to why you see a need to rookie list a local key defender with good disposal and rebound ability when that description fits Edwards who we rookied just last year

Thoughts on delisting Allen?

There was clearly something the match committee didn’t like - but from what I saw in the last couple of years thought he had something to offer

Hope he gets another go elsewhere

I think he’s a tad unlucky but there were only so many list spots available. The question then becomes who should have gone instead

Achee has at least shown an ability to compete at AFL level, is quicker and more versatile

Brayshaw has a better football brain, is better below his knees and quicker with his hands. Pace is a problem for him and ultimately I feel will be too big a hurdle as he tries to establish himself as an AFL player but for now he’s worth persevering with for one more year. Allen isn’t overly quick either though so it’s not a big enough point of difference to put him ahead of Brayshaw

There’s no other out of contract players on the senior list and rules stipulate we have to cut at least 2 players so Allen is out of luck

There’s an argument he deserves a rookie list spot ahead of Smith. I suspect, however, with the delisting of Masten we are light on for outside runners so for list balance Smith holds on to a place by his fingernails

Like you I hope he gets an opportunity elsewhere but he’ll need to identify a club that has an opening for his skill set

Lamb and vanilla,reeks of a masterchef contestant getting overly fancy .lamb had all the physical attributes to be a star so we took.a chance.didnt work.partington was a safe pick with no outstanding attributes.i.have no point

Once you get into the 2nd round in the draft and beyond it gets very speculative. Almost just luck to get guys who play 100+ games .

Cold on Garcia.

I've seen him several times and he's a good young player, but i'm deadset against drafting small midfielders unless they are outstanding like a Matt Rowell.

Up against men and big bodies in the AFL, his size will be exploited even more.

Speaking very broadely here, but i think small mids tend to fail at AFL level and end up playing somewhere else anyway. See Jarrod Pickett and SPS.

Zorko and Fisher are exceptions.

Cold on Garcia.

I've seen him several times and he's a good young player, but i'm deadset against drafting small midfielders unless they are outstanding like a Matt Rowell.

Up against men and big bodies in the AFL, his size will be exploited even more.

Speaking very broadely here, but i think small mids tend to fail at AFL level and end up playing somewhere else anyway. See Jarrod Pickett and SPS.

Zorko and Fisher are exceptions.
From what i read garcia was more than holding his own against Rowell, even getting the better of him.
Pickett was always a forward too.
Either way i think we'll have some talented mids available at our pick
So we'll probably pick a ruck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back