Another US mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a bit partisan isn't it?

The answer to this of course is the Democrat who takes photos with the dead and then campaigns on it, but even with full control does nothing - so they can campaign on it again next time too.

Not to mention the heavy racist roots of gun control laws.

And I am intentionally trying to rustle your jimmies on that, but it's true. The greatest action on gun control has been as a reaction to the black activist groups possessing guns.

Columbine school shooter Eric Harris' last words in a recording he made in his mothers basement the morning before the shooting:

paraphrasing: "I hope today sets off a chain reaction of hate. I hope others are inspired to do the same"

Crazy how many school shootings have happened since. Amazing how many refer to Columbine as their inspiration. Would not surprise if this is the case here.

Columbine school shooter Eric Harris' last words in a recording he made in his mothers basement the morning before the shooting:

paraphrasing: "I hope today sets off a chain reaction of hate. I hope others are inspired to do the same"

Crazy how many school shootings have happened since. Amazing how many refer to Columbine as their inspiration. Would not surprise if this is the case here.

Their horrible actions turned them from nameless nobodies into historical figures. It's still the fastest way to having your face and name known nation and world wide.

You're right, that it's very unlikely, but it's still the leading cause of death for children in the US which is just insane.
Yeah that statistic is a real humdinger ain't it.

I was in Chicago a while back and I remember the news had a story of a young child getting shot (stray bullet, gun violence) so I google mapped it and it was literally the next block over to where I was staying. But it's a funny thing about some of the big cities in America like NY and Chicago, poverty and affluence often live side-by-side, literally. One side of the street will have a louis vitton store and you cross the road and it's a public housing ghetto. You keep your wits about you obviously but people generally both sides keep to themselves.

TBH I feel a lot safer walking around at night in big cities in America than I do in Melbourne.

Guns are more lethal to children in the US than cars!!!!

And the US has a much worse crash rate than Australia.

You're right, that it's very unlikely, but it's still the leading cause of death for children in the US which is just insane.

That stat is correct when you include the seventeen year old gang members being killed by other gang members, that's why most of the firearm related deaths are homocides.

When you remove the young black men from the crime figures the USA actually compares quite closely to Canada. Their gang murders are a serious problem.

Yep these are pics i took at walmart in 2019, guns and ammo one end, groceries at the other end, sorry about size of pics.
75521681_10157797535063686_3955746088857632768_n.jpg

72756057_10157797535013686_5427519024852369408_n.jpg

76907464_10157797534918686_5524957238499737600_n.jpg

77333115_10157797534858686_4832996775428096000_n.jpg

74301046_10157797534793686_1712009530809778176_n.jpg

75237592_10157797534623686_1095338049140686848_n.jpg
That last photo is guns in packaging obviously aimed at kids. FMD.

Last edited:
Get 'em hooked early

Teaching them safety with something that isn't dangerous unless you get hit in the eye is more valuable than Australians getting scared by something that isn't a gun by their internal definition because of how it looks.

The reality is that there are more guns there than people, even if they stopped selling them all today the chances of a person coming across one in their life is very high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a bit partisan isn't it?

The answer to this of course is the Democrat who takes photos with the dead and then campaigns on it, but even with full control does nothing - so they can campaign on it again next time too.

Not to mention the heavy racist roots of gun control laws.

And I am intentionally trying to rustle your jimmies on that, but it's true. The greatest action on gun control has been as a reaction to the black activist groups possessing guns.
It doesn't work, I've long since given up taking what you write too seriously.

Carry on.

I don't think any change to gun laws is really going to make much of a difference in the US. It's a cultural issue. They need to find a way to change the culture.

One thing that should be done is that shooters names should be anonymised, their names stricken from the record. Nobody should remember the name of the killer just the names of the victims.

Teaching them safety with something that isn't dangerous unless you get hit in the eye is more valuable than Australians getting scared by something that isn't a gun by their internal definition because of how it looks.

The reality is that there are more guns there than people, even if they stopped selling them all today the chances of a person coming across one in their life is very high.

Is that you Marjorie?

They need to find a way to change the culture.

They could start by doing something, anything.

Right now their politicians are simply accepting children being killed by guns as part of daily life.

Offer a few pleasantries, move on to the next mass shooting.

The school district has its own police force , I think it was four officers plus one security guard. Not sure on where they are located in relation to the school though.
After the racial shooting the other week the gun nuts were saying that the offender travelled to that site because it was so hard to get a concealed carry license there.
They will find some way to spin this one again. The mental health card is pulled out every time. As for the god squad ducking hell ...wouldn't you start to question your religion if God was allowing all these mass shootings ?
The NRA has had its own internal issues over the last few years and I don't think it has the same membership or financial power that it did. Perversely this incident will probably strengthen it again as calls for firearms legislation will bring out the hard core 2nd amendment nut jobs.

Spot on. The firearms allow more dangerous force to be delivered. Particularly the hand guns because they can walk around with them unknown.

Funny you should say that, my first trip to the US in 2015, i knew they had gun control issues, wife and i were on a local bus heading to a Walmart :) in Las Vegas , now i didn't see it but the wife commented when we got off the bus did you see the gun on that guys hip across the aisle from us, up until then i had not really thought about it, but it was a sobering thought to realise most people on that bus could have been carrying.

The school district has its own police force , I think it was four officers plus one security guard. Not sure on where they are located in relation to the school though.
After the racial shooting the other week the gun nuts were saying that the offender travelled to that site because it was so hard to get a concealed carry license there.
They will find some way to spin this one again. The mental health card is pulled out every time. As for the god squad ducking hell ...wouldn't you start to question your religion if God was allowing all these mass shootings ?
The NRA has had its own internal issues over the last few years and I don't think it has the same membership or financial power that it did. Perversely this incident will probably strengthen it again as calls for firearms legislation will bring out the hard core 2nd amendment nut jobs.
Gun sales always go up after a mass shooting, due to paranoia guns could be taken from them.

If one wanted to make a false flag theory, may as well claim it was staged by NRA to boost their coffers.

They could start by doing something, anything.

Right now their politicians are simply accepting children being killed by guns as part of daily life.

Offer a few pleasantries, move on to the next mass shooting.

Yep, they could actually make it harder for those buying a gun to start with rather than just showing your license.

Funny you should say that, my first trip to the US in 2015, i knew they had gun control issues, wife and i were on a local bus heading to a Walmart :) in Las Vegas , now i didn't see it but the wife commented when we got off the bus did you see the gun on that guys hip across the aisle from us, up until then i had not really thought about it, but it was a sobering thought to realise most people on that bus could have been carrying.
When I was in New Orleans in the 90s you could chose a gun from a small arsenal on sale but couldn't buy rolling papers because they were "drug paraphernalia".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back