Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
u keep recycling rotten rupe’s putrid, deceitful, fallacious, trumpery here. his outfit has little credibility which is part of the reason few take you and your promotion of the pusher of disinformation seriously.

Your ignorance of the author of that article typifies the ignorance of cheer squad members.

If he keeps letting Chalmers and the party right dictate policy on cost of living, so Stage 3 tax cuts go ahead, no price caps on domestic gas etc., I'd say he'll be in some strife by the new year.

Certainly a dive in the polls.

They really are trying to get away with doing nothing to ease electricity or fuel prices, and stop price gouging by the corporate sector which is helping drive inflation.

Because they won't look at tax increases or halting cuts, and because they refuse to give the ACCC teeth or intervene in energy markets, it seems the Reserve Bank is going to just keep raising interest rates even though that doesn't really work.

Watching the economy be driven to the edge of recession and a mortage/housing market crisis all because bunk neoliberal orthodoxy that went out of fashion 20 years ago, is what a section of party muppets are holding tight to. Or just pure cowardess and a refusal to slow even a little of the record profits the supermarkets, commodities sector, energy companies, banks etc. are making.

They've ruled out subsidy and welfare/safety net relief. Yet are prevaricating and stalling when it comes to preventing big industry players behaving like crooks. Just more waffling about plans and discussions. The Labor right is a ******* disaster of LNP proportions and they've got an allegedly left faction PM by the nuts, seemingly.
Don't think Chalmers is the one wanting to push ahead with Stage 3...

I thought part of the role of government is redistribution of income via taxation to provide services to support the needs of the people. A high income tax cut doesn’t do this.

You thought that?
But assume it is, changing the amounts that are redistributed, is not cancelling out the redistribution.

Robin Hood eat your heart out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And out of the 50% of income earners, at least 30% would be Liberal voters? Insane that they would forego equality for the sake of lining the pockets of their gods.
Interestingly, some research conducted before the budget found that there was a positive correlation between likely positive impact of the tax reduction and desire to see the plan scrapped (essentially, those who stand to benefit from it are of the belief that it shouldn't happen).

While it wasn't a 1:1 relationship it's certainly not as simple a picture as you try to make out with this post.

Albo has done a great job so far

he's getting clever people around him stand up and share the load. penny as foreign minister is a coup and shorten leading the NDIS media discussions demonstrates Albo is not insecure with his team excelling.

OMG are we being taken for a ride. Australians are so effing parochial. We just beg for multinationals to bullschitte us.

perhaps if the vics didn't ban onshore gas exploration and the east cost secured gas supplies, they wouldn't be in this position.

so why blame property owners for the failings of government?

and I wonder why the dodgy guardian tried to mislead readers referring to 2015-2020?

Last edited:
perhaps if the vics didn't ban onshore gas exploration and the east cost secured gas supplies, they wouldn't be in this position.

so why blame property owners for the failings of government?

and I wonder why the dodgy guardian tried to mislead readers referring to 2015-2020?
property owners aren't paying what appears to be a fair amount of tax
companies are definitely not paying workers fair wages
every time this is brought up the companies crap on about productivity gains. Workers have given them ******* productivity gains, with no wage rewards, thats why the ******* profits are going up.

property owners aren't paying what appears to be a fair amount of tax
property owners are paying their fair share of tax based on income tax rules. They should be treated the same as a hotel, airport, farm or any other enterprise. the changes many promote enshrine a class system, where the rich can negatively gear but the ordinary can't. That's counter productive.

where there needs reform is introducing a proper wealth tax which is netted off against income tax. Leading nations like nordic countries have wealth/ property taxes but unfortunately the poor and ordinary seem to fear wealth/ property taxes.

the CGT discount should be reduced for the first 2-4 years, stage up to 50% at say year 4 to promote long term investment rather than removing it and promoting day traders and speculation

companies are definitely not paying workers fair wages
every time this is brought up the companies crap on about productivity gains. Workers have given them ******* productivity gains, with no wage rewards, thats why the ******* profits are going up.

My advice would be get a job where your employer respects you or start your own business.

There is so much opportunity to make money it isn't funny. Perhaps we should blame our schools for not getting people ready to see or have the confidence to pursue opportunity.

Also, buy shares if you feel profits are going up. On this point, I believe 10-20% of the equity in a business should be reserved for staff. This achieves a number of things:
1) aligns interest (good for both employee and employer)
2) mitigates tax evasion (as employees know what is going on)
3) motivates people

Most mining companies have a long term and short term incentive scheme. The short term is usually cash and the long term representing 5% of the issued capital and released over a three year period.

So perhaps join the mining industry?

property owners are paying their fair share of tax based on income tax rules. They should be treated the same as a hotel, airport, farm or any other enterprise. the changes many promote enshrine a class system, where the rich can negatively gear but the ordinary can't. That's counter productive.

where there needs reform is introducing a proper wealth tax which is netted off against income tax. Leading nations like nordic countries have wealth/ property taxes but unfortunately the poor and ordinary seem to fear wealth/ property taxes.

the CGT discount should be reduced for the first 2-4 years, stage up to 50% at say year 4 to promote long term investment rather than removing it and promoting day traders and speculation

My advice would be get a job where your employer respects you or start your own business.

There is so much opportunity to make money it isn't funny. Perhaps we should blame our schools for not getting people ready to see or have the confidence to pursue opportunity.

Also, buy shares if you feel profits are going up. On this point, I believe 10-20% of the equity in a business should be reserved for staff. This achieves a number of things:
1) aligns interest (good for both employee and employer)
2) mitigates tax evasion (as employees know what is going on)
3) motivates people

Most mining companies have a long term and short term incentive scheme. The short term is usually cash and the long term representing 5% of the issued capital and released over a three year period.

So perhaps join the mining industry?
Residential property should not be treated as income class but we have had this fight before and it is pointless to rehash it.

Interestingly, some research conducted before the budget found that there was a positive correlation between likely positive impact of the tax reduction and desire to see the plan scrapped (essentially, those who stand to benefit from it are of the belief that it shouldn't happen).

While it wasn't a 1:1 relationship it's certainly not as simple a picture as you try to make out with this post.
A large number of people actually know what tax is for, and understand that for the country, less tax may be bad, and that whatever direct benefit they might get from an unjustified tax break is more than made up for by he negative consequences for the country.
Its better being moderately well off in a decent country than very well off in a s**t hole.

Yeah, they should ditch them.

It’s a “broken promise” most decent people can accept.
there is so many ways they could change it but of course they want the money in their own pockets, don't forget they're in that top tax bracket that benefits the most

A large number of people actually know what tax is for, and understand that for the country, less tax may be bad, and that whatever direct benefit they might get from an unjustified tax break is more than made up for by he negative consequences for the country.
Its better being moderately well off in a decent country than very well off in a s**t hole.
I agree that the tax cuts need to be modified (at least keep the top bracket at 180k) but there are a few reasons why people will oppose changes to the cuts (apart from greed):
1) it was a promise (not that important a reason, I think people know pollies from both major parties lie to win elections)
2)Why not cut waste in govt first (there is lots of waste but they always seem to cut services and create more waste through bureaucracy and out sourcing and pollies keep getting insane perks) - My answer is we need to do both.
3) Why should we pay more in tax, why not stop the actual rich dodging the system?
4) If we can't afford to cut taxes for Australians, how can we spend more money on foreigners such as increasing refugee intake etc

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree that the tax cuts need to be modified (at least keep the top bracket at 180k) but there are a few reasons why people will oppose changes to the cuts (apart from greed):
1) it was a promise (not that important a reason, I think people know pollies from both major parties lie to win elections)
2)Why not cut waste in govt first (there is lots of waste but they always seem to cut services and create more waste through bureaucracy and out sourcing and pollies keep getting insane perks) - My answer is we need to do both.
3) Why should we pay more in tax, why not stop the actual rich dodging the system?
4) If we can't afford to cut taxes for Australians, how can we spend more money on foreigners such as increasing refugee intake etc

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
4 in particular is a false argument. Used to oppose spending money on anything. I can easily spin it around, Why spend large sums on tax cuts, when hospitals are under such stress. Why spend money on tax cuts when the university system is falling apart, etc etc.

The simple reality is it isn't binary, it's not tax cuts, or this, or that. Each funding requirement needs to be justifiable on its own. If we are in such dire financial straits that we cannot afford overseas aid, then I would suggest that this means we shouldn't be forking out for tax cuts either.

On SM-X200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back