Australia A vs India

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia A squad: Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Joe Burns, Jackson Bird, Alex Carey (wk), Harry Conway, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Nic Maddinson, Mitchell Marsh (subject to fitness), Michael Neser, Tim Paine, James Pattinson, Will Pucovski, Mark Steketee, Will Sutherland, Mitchell Swepson

Given the squad, game one will possibly look like:

Burns, Pucovski, Maddinson, Head, Henriques, Green, Paine, Pattinson, Neser, Abbott, Swepson

With Paine, Head, Burns, Pattinson, Abbott, Neser to miss game 2

Harris, Pucovski, Maddinson, Henriques, Green, Marsh/Agar, Carey, Sutherland, Swepson, Bird, Steketee

Like most Aussie squads, it seems ridiculously bowler heavy and very light on any batsmen

Australia A squad: Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Joe Burns, Jackson Bird, Alex Carey (wk), Harry Conway, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Moises Henriques, Nic Maddinson, Mitchell Marsh (subject to fitness), Michael Neser, Tim Paine, James Pattinson, Will Pucovski, Mark Steketee, Will Sutherland, Mitchell Swepson

Given the squad, game one will possibly look like:

Burns, Pucovski, Maddinson, Head, Henriques, Green, Paine, Pattinson, Neser, Abbott, Swepson

With Paine, Head, Burns, Pattinson, Abbott, Neser to miss game 2

Harris, Pucovski, Maddinson, Henriques, Green, Marsh/Agar, Carey, Sutherland, Swepson, Bird, Steketee

Like most Aussie squads, it seems ridiculously bowler heavy and very light on any batsmen

I have a feeling both openers will play both games. Would make the most sense. Give them both 2 games to press their claims.

I have a feeling both openers will play both games. Would make the most sense. Give them both 2 games to press their claims.

Doubtful as the second game finishes just 4 days before the first test. They won't play the test players in the second game. If they were in the same city, maybe, but they'll have the test squad in Adelaide by then.

Doubtful as the second game finishes just 4 days before the first test. They won't play the test players in the second game. If they were in the same city, maybe, but they'll have the test squad in Adelaide by then.

Good point forgot about that- who was the dumb bloke that did this scheduling?

So there's a proper warm-up game for Australia A against India coming in late November I think. Here's what I'd play:

1. Joe Burns
2. Will Pucovski
3. Nic Maddinson
4. Matthew Wade (c)
5. Cameron Green
6. Ashton Agar
7. Josh Inglis (+)
8. Michael Neser
9. James Pattinson
10. Sean Abbott
11. Mitchell Swepson

The top 3 are competing for an opening spot for me, whilst Wade and Green are competing for that last middle order spot. Couldn't figure out who to put at 6 so just put Ash there because he's started well this season and Inglis for me should be next in line after Paine and is having a great season so far. Bowling wise, Neser and Pattinson are clearly next in line after the NSW quicks, Abbott has started well with bat and ball and Swepson has clearly become the next in line to Lyon.
dynamic with quite a few young bloods.. like it. but it is terminal deluding with no plasticity in terms of Warner, Smith and co..
love your enthusiasm for the new and refreshed... won't work however.. one or two maybe but not allowing me mentally to smash
it out of the park..

recalibrate and refresh and include the diversity and you might just learn a bit more...

Travis Head in the A squad seems a bit of a strange one. Surely he is entrenched in the test team at the moment?

Only thing I can think of is a lack of FC games between the end of shield (~10 Nov) and the first test (17 Dec), but then doesn't that apply for Smith and Warner too ?

Travis Head in the A squad seems a bit of a strange one. Surely he is entrenched in the test team at the moment?

Only thing I can think of is a lack of FC games between the end of shield (~10 Nov) and the first test (17 Dec), but then doesn't that apply for Smith and Warner too ?

Head isn’t in the ODI squad so will be lacking match practice, same with Paine who is also in the A team.

A squad for tomorrow’s game

Australia A squad: Jackson Bird, Joe Burns, Harry Conway, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Travis Head (c), Nic Maddinson, Michael Neser, Tim Paine, James Pattinson, Will Pucovski, Mark Steketee, Will Sutherland

Burns, Harris, Pucovski, Maddinson, Head, Green, Paine, Sutherland, Pattinson, Neser, Bird

Spin sticks obviously depleted in Australia with no spinners in squad?

Also this squad answers question about where is Patto. More benefit playing here than meaningless T20s

Although not sure who they are playing if T20s still going? 😂

Swepson was in it before he got called up to the T20s for Agar. If Paine is playing could have played Lyon for some match practice I suppose. The spinners in the shield go Swepson, Agar, Lyon and then wait for it, Pope, by wickets taken.

Lyon has been added to T20 squad

Pope and Holland may be outside the bubble

Hopefully Swepson will at least play the 2nd 3 day match. Fairly sure the T20's will be done and dusted by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Australia A side is akin to an Australia A side of the early 2000's. Genuine test quality right down the list with a sprinkle of very good state players. Only questionable additiona is that of Chris Green (not even a FC 1st choice spinner for his state but then again).

What spinner was worth the opportunity with Swepson called up to the T20i squad.

This Australia A side is akin to an Australia A side of the early 2000's. Genuine test quality right down the list with a sprinkle of very good state players. Only questionable additiona is that of Chris Green (not even a FC 1st choice spinner for his state but then again).

What spinner was worth the opportunity with Swepson called up to the T20i squad.
Pope is about the only 1 left

That is Cameron Green not Chris Green. Cricinfo has stuffed up haha

That was what I was going off. is Cameron Green not in the T20i squad?

edit. Confirmed, a 2 meter bloke with #42 on his back just picked the ball up at point. edit. Green on the back

He was withdrawn from the t20 squad after game 1.

Harris Burns Pukcovski who opens?
One would think it is a bat off

Imagine one fails, Harris walks in to bat inside the first 6 balls and then makes a flawless, classy 150. Does he then come into the thinking for test selection if Warner doesn't get up?

One would think it is a bat off

Imagine one fails, Harris walks in to bat inside the first 6 balls and then makes a flawless, classy 150. Does he then come into the thinking for test selection if Warner doesn't get up?

I hope not! Imagine Bumrah against him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back