Australian Cricket Broadcast Rights 2018 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Phil Rothfield in the Daily Telegraph has revealed that James Rochford is going to have his own satire show on Fox Cricket called ''The Nightwatchman'' on Friday nights during the BBL. It's a cricket version of his ''professor'' shows on Fox League, poking harmless fun at the game and characters involved. The 1st show will be Friday December 21.

Gus Worland will have a show called ''The Cricket Tragic'' which will be a cricket version of 'The Fan' hosted by Andrew Voss on Fox League. Gus Worland eh, another example that it's not sometimes not a case of what you know but who you know.

Wish I had mates at Fox Sports. Could star in my own dogshit comedy show.

Andy Maher had an embarrassing blunder on Friday during the twenty20. A no ball had been bowled by one of the Kiwi bowlers and as we know the next ball would be a free hit. The free hit went high in the air, looked like it might be caught and Andy Maher said ''could be out!" Good thing Lisa Sthalekar was on hand to set Andy Maher straight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take it this girl can't count? Which two of Isa Guha, Mel Jones and Andrew Symonds aren't diverse?

Also, its about as diverse as the cricket teams themselves are. Not sure what anyone would expect
She's more talking about the lack of women.

Thing is, you've still got 8 women there (not six). And for obvious reasons you're gonna have a lot more men on your team to call a generally male sport.

As for lack of minorities....how many minorities are actually involved in Australian cricket? Symonds is there. Gillespie's with 7. Who else would do it and is qualified?

Yes Lindsay, much better to fill the side with token women instead of selecting those worthy of their positions.

**** off. I'm a strong feminist, more than happy to defend women's rights and the concept of equality, but there's a difference between true equality and tokenism you muppet.

I suspect the use of quotation marks while covering a Foxtel event means that Foxtel's PR described it as a diverse line-up during the event. The line-up is...an improvement on C9's non-existent attempts to broader their outlook from test players from the 90's + captains, but still nothing to really shout about, particularly given the sea of disappointing hires foxtel made (lee, symonds, healy, etc), and so hence the wry remark.

it's also a tad weird we're discussing a tweet that literally no-one replied to, no-one fav'd, and no-one re-tweeted from a person I suspect no-one had ever heard from before.
yeah this, I only brought up the tweet because my eyes were failing me

I have actually been keeping a list of all the presenters/commentators either used or signed for the upcoming cricket season. The presenters in Italic have already been used.

Channel Seven
Ricky Ponting
Damien Fleming
Michael Slater
Glenn McGrath
Alison Mitchell
Mel McLaughlin
James Brayshaw
Lisa Sthalaker
Bruce McAvaney
Tim Lane
Abbey Gelmi