Australian Test Tour of Bangladesh August/September 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

CA don't want to go Bangladesh either. No money to be made there for players or CA. Once the tour is abandoned, things will get fixed quickly so everyone can go to India. Players for the exposure and IPL contracts, CA because India = $.
If that happened and a resolution was met late August I could well turncoat from Australian cricket.

Sick of Australia stiffing countries like Bangladesh.
I'm unconvinced I'm going to see Australia play any (more in some cases) tests against Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Ireland or Afghanistan. Playing India for 5 ODIs every few months is far more important

I'm unconvinced I'm going to see Australia play any (more in some cases) tests against Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Ireland or Afghanistan. Playing India for 5 ODIs every few months is far more important
Yeah Australia's attitude towards non-England/India/South Africa teams is appalling. At least they're willing to play the lower 4, but the "new" four they'll never play.

Worst thing is that the ICC can't really do anything about it. Australia hold most of the cards re: finances so sanctions against them will only backfire.

Didn't realize there were player safety issues in Australia. They've had 16 years to host them here and have only done it once.

They're prepared to go to India as well, and England which has had its share of incidents recently.
Us going there. You knew what I meant.
Jeez you are a .........

If that happened and a resolution was met late August I could well turncoat from Australian cricket.

You have a higher tolerance than me.
Join us over the ditch :D

Yes, I know you were referring to us going there. I was referring to both us going there and them coming here. Australia has never made any real effort to do either.
In fairness India only hosted Bangladesh this year. And in terms of cricket grounds our options are more limited than England/India.

The Top End series would've been perfect for this though.

In fairness India only hosted Bangladesh this year. And in terms of cricket grounds our options are more limited than England/India.

The Top End series would've been perfect for this though.

England as I understand it have lords, oval, edgbaston, old Trafford, Trent bridge, headingley, Cardiff, Chester le street, rose bowl, bramall lane - that's 10. Bramall lane hasn't hosted one in 115 years so it's really 9.

Australia have 9. Brisbane Exhibition Ground hasn't hosted one for 70 years but if you put Manuka or Alice Springs, who both regularly host Shield games, into the mix, then we'd have the same as England.

There is no conceivable reason why ground facilities should be a problem.

As for India hosting the Bangers, I don't think it's any secret what most people think of India's attitude to the administration of the game.

The only reason we don't host the Banglas more often is because we don't want to. We all know it so there is no point dancing around it. In fact I'm pretty sure we were one of the main proponents of the ten team world cup as well.
Correct on both counts. Australia and India share being the worst nations when dealing with the "minnows".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given how shitty our preparation has probably been, especially compared to India, how confident are you guys?

Bangladesh have been very good at home recently and beat England in a test match and they'll have no qualms preparing the biggest bunsens.

They could very well knock us over cheaply given how we go on spinning pitches...but have they improved enough against proper quick bowling to capitalise would be my question

They could very well knock us over cheaply given how we go on spinning pitches...but have they improved enough against proper quick bowling to capitalise would be my question

We will only play 2 quicks- Hazelwood and probably Cummins

I'm backing a 3rd quick to take more wickets against them then an Agar who isn't really a frontlne spinner. Time will tell I guess

Just can't see us needing a 3rd quick. Can rotate Cummins and Pattinson with a view towards the Ashes

Given how shitty our preparation has probably been, especially compared to India, how confident are you guys?

Bangladesh have been very good at home recently and beat England in a test match and they'll have no qualms preparing the biggest bunsens.

Banga's batting is very weak against the top teams, especially their talisman Al Hasan who has a terrible record against top teams... So i can't see them putting up 500+ like India tend to do to us...

OUr batting is pretty weak too, will most likely depend on how Smith plays since there is no doubt they will prepare pitch resembling the surface of the moon.

Actually, I think the whole shambles will be to our advantage. The boys will be raring to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back