Australian Test Tour of Bangladesh August/September 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Another factor of which I would have no real idea on but probably affects is the concept of the standard working week over there may be different (ie. Saturdays considered a working day)?
Your hunch was correct.
Working week of government offices & banks Sunday - Thursday.
Everyone else Saturday - Thursday.
So the 1st Test will run from Sunday - Thursday & the 2nd Test from Monday - Friday. Still doesn't make sense to me.

On U FEEL PRIME using BigFooty.com mobile app

Typical cricket Australia selectors, pick a kid with ordinary stats and not the leading spinner in shield cricket this year in Jon Holland. We don't want to reward good bowling but instead pick a kid. Holland should have been picked before Agar
Jonny Holland is in their bad books.
Obviously that's their selection criteria, not actual performance.

Or maybe they base selections on more than just looking at stats sheets.
Would have thought that 45 wickets, including a 7 for (and man of the match) in the Shield Final, equates to him being a walk up start....

Would have thought that 45 wickets, including a 7 for (and man of the match) in the Shield Final, equates to him being a walk up start....

Sayers was picked behind Pattinson and Starc.

Australian selectors have always favoured talented young bowlers with minimal experience.

Typical cricket Australia selectors, pick a kid with ordinary stats and not the leading spinner in shield cricket this year in Jon Holland. We don't want to reward good bowling but instead pick a kid. Holland should have been picked before Agar

Already have an orthodox spinner in Agar, don't need two of them. Good decision to pick some variety in our squad.

so no starc or pattinson available and the likes of o'keefe and holland overlooked (lets not forget the marsh brothers).

how will the first test side look, with only 14 in the touring party.
surprisingly 8 players have played less than 10 tests.

possible line up:

warner
renshaw
khawaja
smith
handscomb
maxwell (cartwright/agar)
wade
cummins
hazlewood
lyon
bird (swepson)

still plenty of questions to be asked:
-does wade bat at 6, with the allrounder type at 7?
-how many spinners play in the XI?
-who bats at 3 - khawaja, smith, cartwright or other?
-does khawaja play in the XI, seeing he didn't get a game in india ?

Not having seen an ultra amount of him, but how is he against spin?

Who knows. Being good against spin in Sheffield Shield is a totally different matter to playing on a specially prepared subcontinent bunsen.

But the bloke has a good first class record and has youth on his side so in my opinion should be the replacement for Shaun Marsh.

1. Warner (can't really see him succeeding)
2. Renshaw
3. Smith*
4. Cartwright
5. Handscomb
6. Maxwell
7. Wade+
8. Agar
9. Cummins
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon
is how I'd go.

Good solid name too, one that you can hang your hate on. Follows a recent tradition started by the Mitchells of players with two surnames in the team as well.

Hilton Cartwright does come off as some stereotypical cricket name from the golden age of pre WWII cricket doesn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do hope they dont pick Agar, would hate for Bangladesh to ruin his chances of playing in the Ashes! :D

We aint playing 2 spinners in Australia in the Ashes lol

Maxwell will double as the 2nd spinner.

But Lyon could get injured, Maxwell fall out of favour, i want Agar to be next in line, not tossed out after averaging 150 in Bangladesh!

I'm sure if there is an injury they would go SOK or Holland if it is the primary spinner. Agar is a 2nd spinner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back