Autopsy Autopsy V Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a pretty yuck internal conversation to be had.

* structure, * ability - do you want to beat your opponent?

Didn’t look like it internally today.

I’m genuinely sick of caring for young high draft picks if we don’t want to impact and control the game.

Our work rate is Fitzroy-esque

Don’t really wanna talk about it. That was as close to a 10 goal performance from a set of umpire Ive seen. Anyone explain why the goal in the 3rd qtr that we ran coast to coast with handball was taken off us?
One of the handballs was deemed a throw as it spilled out in the tackle. It was the right call unfortunately.

I found myself admiring them today. First time ever.

THey are well balanced and seem to be playing for each other. I'm starting to think that they are the team to beat.
Hell no.

One more point: in modern footy the “midfield” is essentially every player on the ground who isn’t on the last line forward/defense. We need to look critically at every player, well beyond the blokes who line up at the center bounces.

Is it contesting whe the zone rolls up and he elects to leave Colby on McKay.

Colby shoulda given him a spray right then and there.

Pathetic leadership.

Fails under 12 size and shape style instructions.
Again Putrid. Just Play Back shoulder or ()$$off. He is too soft and just not good enough to play off his man as much as he does and his disposal is diabolical. Got a long term deal - cashed in - good on him but he has been terrible. Really, really terrible. He is the worst taller backman we have had play 50 games for us for a long time - shannon watt was a lot better.

Thought Curtis was fantastic today other than that very uncharacteristic kick out of bounds.

He really didn't get much help in that F50.
I had one of the marvel attendants halfway through the 2nd quarter asking me who number 25 was for us because he “looks like a ripper”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THey are well balanced and seem to be playing for each other. I'm starting to think that they are the team to beat.
They did what good teams do, any time we looked to get back in the game just totally snuffed us out.

Good balance of stars, role players and journeymen.

Not clean enough around the contest, had our opportunities, cant miss easy goals, cant spoil one another, cant let opponents walk through you, cant give away dumb free kicks, cant give away 6 x 50 metre penalties that all resulted in goals. Thats 10 goals
And you forgot….can’t wear blue and white stripes and not a vomit Carlton logo and expect fair umpiring.

In my time of watching this sport (late 90s) they have never been a true flag threat (99 they got lucky against * and were a mid-table side and 2000 were never beating *) so I have never been able to see the peak arrogance from them that older generations of oppo fans talk about. Seeing it now though, they are certain they are gonna pinch a flag, and are probably correct, they are arguably worse than * fans. I really hope they fail. I'll even take Collingwood or Sydney stopping them

Midfield got absolutely destroyed. The umpiring was utterly match fixing but we gotta take responsibility too.

Didn't give our backline a chance.

Bolded to reiterate that this is absolutely the case.

The AFL is a big business. We shouldn’t have been part of it, had the script been followed. Now we get to watch our team die by as many blatant and grey-area frees as possible, until we stop daring to dream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back