Autopsy Autopsy V Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Me, almost 5 months pregnant and my grandpa, 82, hobbling down the street in our North scarves and a random car pulls up and screams out the window “go carlton, North Melbourne suck” before speeding off. Must be a friend of the guy that drove past Eddie Betts’ house the other night
Idiots are everywhere, not a weekend goes by without some clown hollering out stuff driving by our golf course. Its actually sadder for them that hollering out of a car and speeding off is the highlight of their day.

Umpires were putrid. Enough said about that.

LDU, JY, LMAC, Zurhar, fisher, Tucker, Sleevo, Larkey, corr annd pink were the senior core we fielded today.

10 blokes.

Today they combined for 18 tackles (10 of them to Zurhar and Lmac). The 8 others averaged a tackle each.

That’s pathetic. That’s unaccountable and downright soft.

X, George, harry and Curtis combined for 23 tackles.

Our problem isn’t northball. Our problem is pressure. We refuse to put any on other than the young blokes.

I wasn't at the game, but I know the fans are hard work. Even after decades of failure they are arrogant. I don't mind the team though. And I am a fan of Vossy.
I’ve been off Voss the second he arrogantly said he had ‘no interest’ in coaching North even though he was after a Senior Coaching gig. Cant f&&)ing wait until this turns around!

I don’t know why people come onto the Board announcing that today was going to be a win and the start of a new era when were up against two inform Forwards

Just creates a false level of expectation and then the enduring disappointment of getting smashed

As for Clarko, I thought his comments were far more realistic than some of the crap that has been out here today, we are still in the early stages of our rebuild while Carlton is competing for a Premiership, and a number of people on this board seem to have forgotten tha

There are people in here that both think we are capable of feats we are miles off, while at the same time writing off a season after 3 games.

Who in their right mind had us beating Carlton? Or GWS? Or next week the Brions? or the week after the Cats in Geelong?

we were/are never going to be near these sides. If a miracle happens just enjoy it.

And we hit a Freo who is ahead of us in development, and while sure we beat them last year we are younger and less expereinced this year.

We have a backline that is full of undesized KPD who have played a collective 3 games together. We have a singular threatening KPF.

These things are not easily fixed. They are going to take time, s**t loads of time.

Round 6 is the first time we will get a crack at a side that is legitimately around where we are. They are also going to go into that game and be wanting to win. Becuase it is very likely they will also be 0-5 when they get there.

This has been a rough road, and it is not getting any smoother in the short term. We atleast seem to be travelling in one direction is a cohesive club now.

We are not winning many games of football this year. THe secon half of the season it opens up a bit and hopefully (just hopefully) we can get some wins on the board then after a pretty lean first half.

People losing their s**t after this game I legit don't understand. If you thought we would win I understand less.

So when should we expect to play finals?

2026? 2027?

* that for a joke.

Probably.

I mean it is what it is.

When Carlton were on there knees it took them 10 years between finals.

When Melbourne it took them 12.

Where do you think we are?

Probably.

I mean it is what it is.

When Carlton were on there knees it took them 10 years between finals.

When Melbourne it took them 12.

Where do you think we are?
In a perpetual (butchered) rebuild.

So angry, so upset, so frustrated, so pissed, so annoyed, so fed up…

Stevo can FO and play suburban football for some C grade team , I’ve seen enough to know he’s a squib at best..

Sick of losing sick of the garbage, sick of the excuses

Seriously starting to question if clarko was the wrong coach for us to take

As I said in a thread last week we are realistically a strong chance to be 1/11 ???

Serious question can we ask for another priority pick?

Cheese Uses Nobody Three System……..

I’ve been off Voss the second he arrogantly said he had ‘no interest’ in coaching North even though he was after a Senior Coaching gig. Cant f&&)ing wait until this turns around!
No offence but hope your not in a hurry because they will likely win a flag before we contend again.

In a perpetual (butchered) rebuild.

Right so if that is where we are how are we making finals any time soon?

Clarko was given 5 years for a reason. Because we were in a hole and have made barely any progress getting out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are people in here that both think we are capable of feats we are miles off, while at the same time writing off a season after 3 games.

Who in their right mind had us beating Carlton? Or GWS? Or next week the Brions? or the week after the Cats in Geelong?

we were/are never going to be near these sides. If a miracle happens just enjoy it.

And we hit a Freo who is ahead of us in development, and while sure we beat them last year we are younger and less expereinced this year.

We have a backline that is full of undesized KPD who have played a collective 3 games together. We have a singular threatening KPF.

These things are not easily fixed. They are going to take time, s**t loads of time.

Round 6 is the first time we will get a crack at a side that is legitimately around where we are. They are also going to go into that game and be wanting to win. Becuase it is very likely they will also be 0-5 when they get there.

This has been a rough road, and it is not getting any smoother in the short term. We atleast seem to be travelling in one direction is a cohesive club now.

We are not winning many games of football this year. THe secon half of the season it opens up a bit and hopefully (just hopefully) we can get some wins on the board then after a pretty lean first half.

People losing their s**t after this game I legit don't understand. If you thought we would win I understand less.
I think for me it is not that we lost. I definitely went in expecting that. It's HOW we lost that is a gut punch.

A combination of bizarre umpiring (one day George Wardlaw will be rewarded for his heroic efforts with a htb call) and really weak pressure from our senior players were the biggest problems, ong a host of others. Both of those are unacceptable for any team, even a terrible rebuilding one.

Umpires were putrid. Enough said about that.

LDU, JY, LMAC, Zurhar, fisher, Tucker, Sleevo, Larkey, corr annd pink were the senior core we fielded today.

10 blokes.

Today they combined for 18 tackles (10 of them to Zurhar and Lmac). The 8 others averaged a tackle each.

That’s pathetic. That’s unaccountable and downright soft.

X, George, harry and Curtis combined for 23 tackles.

Our problem isn’t northball. Our problem is pressure. We refuse to put any on other than the young blokes.
The halftime tackle count was 48-28 to them. And we were the ones chasing. Work rate work rate work rate.

Carlton were good but lets not think that for 120 minutes they weren't gettable.

We had some patches of forward 50 pressure but we were so clumsy and poor with the ball Carlton didn't have to do much to keep in control.

Carlton were good but lets not think that for 120 minutes they weren't gettable.

We had some patches of forward 50 pressure but we were so clumsy and poor with the ball Carlton didn't have to do much to keep in control.

The beatuy of this year is we get them again at the same venue and we can measure improvement.

Maybe next time we are a bit more settled and a bit more composed and we can get closer.

Right so if that is where we are how are we making finals any time soon?

Clarko was given 5 years for a reason. Because we were in a hole and have made barely any progress getting out of it.
My angst is directed at the list management and their dereliction of key areas of our list and the constant ‘2-3 years away’….which we’ve been for seven years.

Who were they? They are here

We are in all sorts of trouble. 1 player above 195Cm on the list who isn’t a ruckman that’s actually an A/B/C grader.

I’ll give you the fact that we move the ball faster, tick. It’s attractive sure, but exposes other glaring deficiencies. A couple individuals taking next steps Powell, Curtis, Xerri etc. But what is this obvious overall improvement that everyone is alluding to?.

Sure we kick a few more goals because how fast we are moving the footy. But it also leaves us open and exposed defensively.

Our pressure is still piss poor other than that first quarter vs Freo where we had the ball locked into our half.

Position wise, still gaps everywhere. The biggest ones in defence and if people think thats a quick fix they are kidding themselves.

I hate to be a glass half empty guy, but good lord the glaring holes in the list are painful to think about, especially the entire defensive group.
Agree - there is nothing 'obvious' about our improvement at all. If anything if you look at the stats for the first 3 rounds this year v last year its hard to see any improvement at all at the team level. We look more 'flashier' here and there but overall the results are no better.

We have a lot of work to do to get out of the bottom 4 - the only clubs we are able to compete with at present would be Hawthorn and West Coast - maybe Richmond if they continue to regress. That's pretty ordinary company 5 years into a rebuild. And we aren't better then those sides - we are just in the mix with them.

I like the look of W Dawson, Hardeman and Goad - but they are still a ways away.

Our senior players look frustrated - Larkey today was completely out of character with his pushing and shoving, Simpkin looks a shadow of his best, Corr might be finished and opposition sides seemed to be able to quell LDU's influence more easily now.

Interesting few weeks coming up.

How much time? When should we be competitive again? When are we going to be not just competitive, but actually contending again?

The problem is we are just seeing year after year of "be patient" and never setting any actual ******* goals.

We could splice your exact comment into the autopsy thread of almost any game in the last half decade and it wouldn't look out of place.

I went to the game, unusually. I thought the umpiring really soured it for me and my partner. It doesn't matter if we would have lost anyway. When your team is frankly being umpired differently (because the missed calls, particularly for htb, were consistent throughout the game), it sucks all of the fun out.
Nothing against Carlton people, but Carlton have to be in the finals and a strength again. It means money. It's not the peoples game anymore, it's a corporate money making regime. It has been for a long time, but now it really is. It disgusts me the same way. Mind you, some of our turnovers also sap the life out of me.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back