Back the Bars

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I ******* hate the administration of this club right now for all the reasons repeatedly stated on this forum (and I fear we will suffer an embarrassing loss this week) BUT

This weekend is NOT the weekend to show it.

This weekend is about the club (which is far bigger than the individuals).

It's about our history AND

It's about our future.

It is vitally important that we show up loud and proud this weekend, wearing the bars with pride for our club (not the admin or the team).

This is about making a statement that will resonate long after the current losers are gone about who we are and what we stand for.

Make no mistake, we the fans have a chance this weekend to make a statement that WILL shape the future direction of our ability to wear the bars and even more than that our desire as a club to uphold and maintain the links and expectations from our proud past I to the future.

Have hope friends. The end of the current regime is near and this week (like that first game back at AO) is a chance to celebrate our proud past and to play our small part in shaping a better future.

P.s. admin feel free to add this to the BBTB thread after the game but I think having a thread specific to backing in the bars this weekend is warranted.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I ******* hate the administration of this club right now for all the reasons repeatedly stated on this forum (and I fear we will suffer an embarrassing loss this week) BUT

This weekend is NOT the weekend to show it.

This weekend is about the club (which is far bigger than the individuals).

It's about our history AND

It's about our future.

It is vitally important that we show up loud and proud this weekend, wearing the bars with pride for our club (not the admin or the team).

This is about making a statement that will resonate long after the current losers are gone about who we are and what we stand for.

Make no mistake, we the fans have a chance this weekend to make a statement that WILL shape the future direction of our ability to wear the bars and even more than that our desire as a club to uphold and maintain the links and expectations from our proud past I to the future.

Have hope friends. The end of the current regime is near and this week (like that first game back at AO) is a chance to celebrate our proud past and to play our small part in shaping a better future.

P.s. admin feel free to add this to the BBTB thread after the game but I think having a thread specific to backing in the bars this weekend is warranted.

I hope your right.

If Ken gets another contract extension the first thing I'll be doing is deleting my BigFooty account.
The second thing I'll be doing is packing anything footy related into a cardboard box and putting it in the back corner of the shed never to be seen again.

Absolutely over this s**t.

The point is that they might, we shouldn't.

This is our chance to show what the prison bars means to us.

We need to show up in force for the sake of the future of the bars and the future of our club and its traditions.

Last edited:
Ok.. I'm in.. I'll wear my prison bars to work Saturday night 😜 my crows loving boss will love it when after we win I Do a Superman impression and show the bars under my work clothes.

Agree, I didn't go in round 1 and I remain uncommitted for the rest of the season, but i'm absolutely going this week for this exact reason and I encourage everyone else staying away but holding a ticket to do the same. We absolutely must make the bars as successful as possible every time we wear them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back