Balic granted indefinite leave

Discussion in 'Fremantle' started by go_the_dockers, May 17, 2017.

1. Arcassius

Arcassius Team Chaplain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Arsenal
    Sep 9, 2010
    Beaconsfield
    ******* Dirty_banchez is ruining the AFL for everyone :eek:

UFO Tatsu and FirstAccount like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. pavalenkoo

pavalenkoo Draftee

Fremantle
    May 19, 2017
    I have it on a very reliable source with in the club and pains me to say ... unfortunately it is 100% homesickness and will be requesting a trade at the end of the year. How it plays out I'm not sure.
    Also I heard Darcy Tucker is getting a bit restless coming in and out of the team ...keep an eye on him too end of year.

All that aside midfielders are a dim a dozen and I hope we get fairly compensated if it does play out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Scham likes this.
  3. wayToGo_

wayToGo_ Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Oct 24, 2015
    Phew - glad that's been cleared up. Wouldn't believe you if not for the long history of credible posting :D

mad4freo, armpit, Vintage and 9 others like this.
  4. pavalenkoo

pavalenkoo Draftee

Fremantle
    May 19, 2017
    Time will tell.... I wish it were not true but it is.

5. Righteo

Righteo Purple Campaigner

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Boston Celtics - The Brew Crew
    Apr 7, 2010
    West
    Seems legit

6. Banker

Banker Club Legend

Fremantle
    May 17, 2014
    Doesn't make sense he would stop playing for homesickness or that he club would allow it to be 'indefinite' period.

If the above is true, the club should have enforced his contract or tough luck.

7. Clems Knee

Clems Knee Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Aug 15, 2009
    Perth
    Well you've convinced me with your astute powers of logic and supporting evidence.
    Plus I note that you've recently doubled your post count.

8. pavalenkoo

pavalenkoo Draftee

Fremantle
    May 19, 2017
    Please explain how multiple postings make it any more credible, to be honest I'm only posting because I know this to be true ..... I'm not one to post thoughts or assumptions or scenarios just what I have been told by the inner sanctum at the club. There's no need for digs about credibility because I have only now 3 post. Please remember me at the start of trade week at the end of year.

9. Clems Knee

Clems Knee Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Aug 15, 2009
    Perth
    Because it is very normal for trolls to create an account just so they can make shit up.
    If you had 1000 sensible posts behind you, then people would have some background to be able to trust what you say.

UFO Tatsu and King Tenz like this.
  10. pavalenkoo

pavalenkoo Draftee

Fremantle
    May 19, 2017
    Troll are u kidding me I am a free fanatic .... member 22 years... please.... just let it play out and then check my credibility. Over and out.. Freo Forever

11. Deathly

Deathly #38

Fremantle
    Sep 20, 2014
    Port Moresby
    You know that's really odd because I heard the exact opposite.

Ability to write, Join Date and Posts all check out, definitely a Saints supporter.

Move along boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Carnthedockers

Carnthedockers Club Legend

Fremantle
    Aug 31, 2010
    Perth
    Care to share what you heard? Im interested? Really hope we can keep him. Gut feeling says we wont.

13. Reginald Perrin

Reginald Perrin Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    South Fremantle
    Oct 19, 2010
    On the precipice
    Inner sanctum. Yair, right. :drunk:

Must be a full moon or something. They're coming out of the woodwork.

14. Nightrain

Nightrain All Australian

Fremantle
    Mar 21, 2017
    How hard is it to get Forever Freo correct?

UFO Tatsu and Unique Name like this.
  15. Reginald Perrin

Reginald Perrin Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    South Fremantle
    Oct 19, 2010
    On the precipice
    Settle! He's a free fanatic.

16. meima

meima Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Jun 5, 2015
    Let not get any further , I think balic homesick is part true , some young players manage it better than others.

17. purplerunsdeep

purplerunsdeep Club Legend

Fremantle
    Dec 6, 2011
    Perth
    So what's a reasonable return for his departure?

What pick?

Or

What WA players out there that we could trade for?

** yes he's still a chance to stay and we don't work in hypotheticals.. but fck it, I'm on a mine site and I'm bored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUS_RO_DAH likes this.
  18. Ysaye

Ysaye Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Fremantle
    Nov 10, 2005
    Perth
    Assuming it is a Carlton or one of those who may have a better first pick (St Kilda will have two first rounds?) then I would go for a first round pick swap. That is pick range 9-11 and Balic for a pick range 4-6. Could also do third round swaps as well to balance depending on how low the pick is.

Why? Because if the reason we fell short last challenge was that we didn't have enough top end picks (which has been raised before by the club) then we should take the opportunity. We did it the other way last year so don't see why we couldn't again.

Additionally the top 5 (that I perceive) this year are all very strong prospects who not just athletes that can play anywhere and at any height but are strongly footballers (with good records) and players that demand the ball.

19. SallyWidebottom

Fremantle
    Aug 8, 2015
    Can someone explain the scenario for me. If a player is out of contract do we actually get something for them? Can't they just go into the pre season draft? I understand if they do then they may not end up where they want to go but if they have left a club to go back to their home state it's unlikely a club from another state would bother.

20. Moist Biscuit

Moist Biscuit Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Apr 8, 2012
    Melbourne
    Players are reluctant to enter the PSD as it's a massive **** you to their former club.

21. westy1

westy1 Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    east freo
    Aug 26, 2006
    denmark
    if homesickness is true then piss off back to mummy's apron string's sooky lala soft cock
    and have a good think about what being a grown up is all about before you nominate for the draft
    give jeff white a call and catch up for coffee so you can catch up and compare notes on how nice it is to be able to have mum come around and pick up after you

play him at peel reserves for the rest of the year

22. Puregold

Puregold Team Captain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    South Fremantle
    Jul 29, 2009
    Fremantle
    Nice one dickhead

23. Cobbler

Cobbler Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Jul 7, 2014
    This is the exact sort of post which is embarassing to read from my view.

Homesickness isn't just about mum, dad and immediate family. It's everything you bellend.

Some are better equipped than others due to all sort of circumstances.

Being a grown up isn't about suppressing feelings. It's about recognising what is wrong and dealing with it. IF it's homesickness, he's obviously been MAN enough to let the club know and the club has also been UNDERSTANDING enough to grant him leave without question.

Your post is embarrassing.

You show the sort of empathy that would hear you make comments like 'Just harden up' should anyone come to you with mental health issues, like it's a switch and they can do just that.

Personally, I think your post is a joke and you need to... in the words of a great man... 'reboot'.

24. Eski3

Eski3 Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    East Freo
    Sep 26, 2007
    East Fremantle
    I really really really doubt that a 19 year old second year mid is going to request a trade cos he hasn't locked down a spot in the 22 yet lol

25. kimbo83

kimbo83 Debutant

Fremantle
    Oct 10, 2011
    Perth
    Why would he need to call Jeff white when he can have a chat to cam next time he's at training.

UFO Tatsu, Bicco and _007_ like this.