Universal Love Barlow is cooked, Barlow Rises, Revenge of the Barlow

Remove this Banner Ad

The only player on our list at the moment that would make a good coach is Zac Dawson. He knows structures, zones, angles, the 1 percenters. Very discipline.

He is basically our backline coach. Years of learning under Lyon he would have a lot of footy smarts.

Last week his role in the structure appeared to be to sag off Lynch and get behind the play so that when Lynch marked he would be forced to take the shot because he was standing ready to punch it away after jogging back.

He looked like he had the flu last week.

There does seem to be one sacred cow in the Fremantle world at the moment.

One M.Barlow.

Unfortunately he is too slow, has poor skills. Top bloke but not a great footballer any more.

Will finish the year in the WAFL.

The first 2 rounds of the season versus Bulldogs and the Suns were always going to be a tough assignment for someone like Barlow. In June July August when everyone's a bit sore and the grounds are a bit heavier Barlow will hold his own.

Any chance barlow goes back to the midfield? Surely midfield rotation needs readjusting despite what Ross lyon said? He seems to love playing mind games in the public, e.g. Fyfe playing 50-50 mid-forward.

You've got the goalposts on the back of a ute.

You've gone from:

being a good bloke doesn't qualify you to be a coach. infact it would appear the opposite is true!
to:
Talented players almost always make bad coaches.
Which is when I mentioned that Leigh Mathews went OK and then posted the list of premiership coaches many of whom were gun players.
and now it's:
If you look for people who have captained and coached a premiership team...not exactly a great hit rate.

You'll excuse me if I'm not sure whether you've parked the vehicle or if the posts are still on the move.
Whatever your evolving point may be there's no need to tag me in.Ta.

One would hope so

Playing him as a half forward is beyond a joke. He's an inside mid that is wasted as a link player.

Anyway just my opinion

It's madness using him a link player when that negates his strengths and exposes his weaknesses. It's like they realise he's best 22 when played in his preferred position, but can't fit him in there so just squeeze him in wherever they can.

Problem this week is he and DeBoer have similar skillsets, and I can't see them both being played as inside mids, so at least one is probably going to be playing a role that doesn't suit their strengths.

It's madness using him a link player when that negates his strengths and exposes his weaknesses. It's like they realise he's best 22 when played in his preferred position, but can't fit him in there so just squeeze him in wherever they can.

Problem this week is he and DeBoer have similar skillsets, and I can't see them both being played as inside mids, so at least one is probably going to be playing a role that doesn't suit their strengths.
DeBoer could do a run with role?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can, his kicking skill will not be expose as much with run with in mid that forward. I think gu,Weller, Langdon will needed to rotate to HF and wing.

Gaff is probably the player we want to shut down. Or Hurn. Hurn gives them amazing ball use from the backline (like Johnson with us) but Gaff is their Hill, if he gets 20+ disposals they usually win.

No wonder Barlow's been struggling.

Players soon come to grips with their strengths and weaknesses. They become accustomed to doing things the same way week after week.

Creatures of habit they are, rocket surgeons they are not.

Barlow's position was well established within the team. Everyone knew it. Everyone understood it.

So why, why, why would we have some bastard mess with it?

Serious questions have to be asked. And I want answers.

Who the hell made such an appalling decision?

Who altered Barlow's jumper? Why is he wearing a jumper which fits him properly?

Do they not realise Barlow's stellar performances were a result of wearing those teeny tiny jumpers.

The man underwent a Hulk-like transformation whenever he wore an XXXS purple jumper.

The sight of his hairy bum crack was enough to discourage any pursuing opposition player. Would you want a face full of that as your reward for successfully chasing him down and bringing him to ground?

Fools, bring about the necessary wardrobe adjustment and watch Micky B waddle off into the distance at every contest.

Players soon come to grips with their strengths and weaknesses. They become accustomed to doing things the same way week after week.

Barlow's position was well established within the team. Everyone knew it. Everyone understood it.

Who altered Barlow's jumper? Why is he wearing a jumper which fits him properly?

Do they not realise Barlow's stellar performances were a result of wearing those teeny tiny jumpers.

The man underwent a Hulk-like transformation whenever he wore an XXXS purple jumper.

The sight of his hairy bum crack was enough to discourage any pursuing opposition player. Would you want a face full of that as your reward for successfully chasing him down and bringing him to ground?

Fools, bring about the necessary wardrobe adjustment and watch Micky B waddle off into the distance at every contest.

early POTY contender

This killed me mate.

Well done :thumbsu::thumbsu:

At the start of the season i thought Barlow was cooked playing that Half Forward game and being hugely ineffective.

But since Mundy has gone out and hes been put in the midfield where he belongs hes been great! 32 touches and 14 tackles was a fantastic effort on Sat, and i think with Fyfe out now indefinately you must continue to play him there if you want any chance of moving up the ladder.

At the start of the season i thought Barlow was cooked playing that Half Forward game and being hugely ineffective.

But since Mundy has gone out and hes been put in the midfield where he belongs hes been great! 32 touches and 14 tackles was a fantastic effort on Sat, and i think with Fyfe out now indefinately you must continue to play him there if you want any chance of moving up the ladder.

Exactly. Barlow has to play inside mid for the rest of the year and provide the big body to crash and bash that we need while the youngsters get game time around him. When Mundy comes back he goes onto the HBF to give us some better quality rebound and someone like Yarran replaces Fyfe up in the forward line (hopefully). Barlow is an inside mid and if you play him there he will still contribute and brings invaluable experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back