Recommitted Ben McKay [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd imagine North would front-load too and look at FAs from next year. I suspect on-field they become a more attractive destination than clubs like Hawks and Collingwood very soon.
Yeah, we have to pay someone to get to the salary cap floor. Especially with Tyson and Hall ooc and on decent coin.

Mate, if we put him up at that price right now every club in the league would bite our hand off.

Matt Rendell was saying yesterday he'd be in All Australian discussions.

21 year old KPD being spoken about like that?

Any pick trade for Ben would be in single digits.
It’s pretty impressive that the 21 year old Ben McKay is two years younger than his twin brother.

It’s pretty impressive that the 21 year old Ben McKay is two years younger than his twin brother.

Hah, I will change that, still young KP terms lol

North should play him forward. Looks great as a defender but the upside seems to high not to play him forward.
We have two fit kpd’s atm, three with Tarrant, not happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wanted to leave then yes, he is out of contract I think so that’s fair. If he wasn’t I think he would demand more than that.

OOC but we will have the first pick in the PSD. I think by the end of the year he will be worth more than a first rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

OOC but we will have the first pick in the PSD. I think by the end of the year he will be worth more than a first rounder.

PSD is a good way for him to hike up his price , jack Martin is an example . Ben and his manager set the price either North or club that want his give him want he want. Win win situation for him

Last edited:
PSD is a good way for him to hike up his price , jack Martin is an example . Ben and his manager set the price either North or club that want his give him want he want. Win win situation for him

We could match whatever any club is willing to pay for him. Even if he heavily front loaded his contract, North could match it.

Mate, if we put him up at that price right now every club in the league would bite our hand off.

Matt Rendell was saying yesterday he'd be in All Australian discussions.

23 year old KPD being spoken about like that?

Any pick trade for Ben would be in single digits.
Dont do it , dont do it.

We could match whatever any club is willing to pay for him. Even if he heavily front loaded his contract, North could match it.

I just said that , you got the money why waste time here talking about two first round pick from other club . You either want him to extend his contract or you don't , he could even sign one year deal and out of contract again next year. Do you really want no 1 PSD pick every year .

Last edited:
I just said that , you got the money why waste time here talking about two first round pick from other club . You either want him to extend his contract or you don't , he could even sign one year deal and out of contract again next year. Do you really want no 1 PSD pick every year .

McKay has a decision in all of this as well. Players don’t always just leave for the highest bidder. I’m not saying this is the case with McKay, but some players leave for success, to relocate, more opportunity, club direction, unrest within the club or he could possibly want to play with his brother. If McKay chose to leave for any of the above reasons then obviously that’s where picks would come into play. North having the number 1 PSD pick cancels out any OOC leverage an opposition club would usually have.

Has re-signed until 2023, not the long contract I would have hoped but locked away for a couple of years takes a lot of stress away from North.
A few clubs sniffing around, so good result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back