Recommitted Ben McKay [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is actually terrible

North clearly would have wanted a 5-7 year deal and locked him away and also whilst they have the salary cap space that could probably pay out the entire 7 years just in his 1st year and front end the f out of that allowing future cap relief.

Clearly Ben didnt have the confidence in north to sign longer and is giving them 2 years to see if he wants to stay or go without any problems.

North clearly would have wanted a 5-7 year deal and locked him away and also whilst they have the salary cap space that could probably pay out the entire 7 years just in his 1st year and front end the f out of that allowing future cap relief.

Clearly Ben didnt have the confidence in north to sign longer and is giving them 2 years to see if he wants to stay or go without any problems.

I wish Josh Kelly and Dustin Martin hated us enough to sign 2 year deals

Yeah, it’s terrible that Ben re-signed.

Nah I’m stoked he’s signed. Would have loved him to sign for more, but I’ll take 2.

One would have to be a hypochondriac to come to the conclusion it was “extremely disappointing”.
2 years were always a given and he was not leaving to go anywhere

Extremely happy would have been 5+ years and 2 years only is disappointing

Yes, it's a really bad move by us to not sign a bloke with 26 career games to his name for the next seven years

Yes, it's a really bad move by us to not sign a bloke with 26 career games to his name for the next seven years
Yes i is bad

He is KPD that took 4 years to develop and get games and has now shown he is an AFL quality KPD thats over 2 mtrs tall and will have 200 game career
I have no doubt the North list management were trying to get him signed longer.

To think after 5 years they would be happy to just see him sign 2 years

Yes i is bad

He is KPD that took 4 years to develop and get games and has now shown he is an AFL quality KPD thats over 2 mtrs tall and will have 200 game career
I have no doubt the North list management were trying to get him signed longer.

To think after 5 years they would be happy to just see him sign 2 years

Extended until he becomes a free agent. As every young player does.

Go away now.

Extended until he becomes a free agent. As every young player does.

Go away now.
OK lets play this slowly

Why does a player extend until they get to free agency - So they can get a bigger contract or Leave to get a flag
If Ben wanted a bigger contract he could already get $1 mil a year from North as they have probably $6/7 mil they need to pay out due to only paying min last 3 years and delisting so many players and replaced by cheaper kids.

Or If he wants to win a flag that would mean he is leaving in 2 years time as North wont get there in his time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK lets play this slowly

Why does a player extend until they get to free agency - So they can get a bigger contract or Leave to get a flag
If Ben wanted a bigger contract he could already get $1 mil a year from North as they have probably $6/7 mil they need to pay out due to only paying min last 3 years and delisting so many players and replaced by cheaper kids.

Or If he wants to win a flag that would mean he is leaving in 2 years time as North wont get there in his time

Why would we pay a 25 gamer a million dollars when no one else is offering that? Ever negotiated for anything that isn’t pocket money?

Lol Ben re-signing is bad news.

Worst poster on big footy.
Absolutely !!

You telling me that North didnt want him to sign a longer deal ?
they would have had a 5+ year deal and been kissing his backside to get him to agree

Ben: Nah im good ill wait to see where i can win a flag and actually have a career

Absolutely !!

You telling me that North didnt want him to sign a longer deal ?
they would have had a 5+ year deal and been kissing his backside to get him to agree

Ben: Nah im good ill wait to see where i can win a flag and actually have a career
The worst.

OK lets play this slowly

Bout time you gave it a rest champ. You are looking more and more stupid with every post..

OK lets play this slowly

North would never have offered McKay a 5 year deal at a $1Million per year.

It’s a fast way to ruin a club. Pay McKay that money then all of a sudden all of their young players would be sticking the hand out to be paid 3-400k above market value.

Noah Balta signs a 2 year contract this year and its awesome news and the gun celebrates!!

Ben McKay does the exact same thing and this is terrible news for the Roos!!

The worst.....
OK lets make this simple for you

Balta 21 years old (just) and doesnt become a free agent when its up
Ben is 23 years old and can walk out the door in 2 years

Hope that helps

Bout time you gave it a rest champ. You are looking more and more stupid with every post..

LOL only from a north supporters bias point of view

Answer this simple question
Would you have preferred he sign 2 years or 5 years

Your answer will determine how 'stupid' as you put it you look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back