Environment Best atmosphere you've been part of?

Remove this Banner Ad

Or when they don't even get past Sweden.
The English pubic have got themselves whipped up into a frenzy.

Any loss at this point will be fun to watch. But an earth shattering loss in the final would be the funniest. A little risky though because any team is a chance in a one-off game at this point and if England win the whole thing I might need to head somewhere for a week.

Drawn Granny 2010. Just for the lack of precedent. At any GF the winning team is happy the losing team sad but while it's always in the back of your mind (or was until extra time) it could be a draw what really are the odds? Reactions just tended to be instinctual and the pessimists were pessimistic and the optimists were optimistic.

Also the replay where Collingwood finally snagged one. But again weird out that night pies fans ecstatic saints devastated.

Replay was a piece of s**t and not only because I hate Collingwood. Thank * it'll never happen again.

Never heard a louder roar though then when Starc took that wicket in the first over in the WC final. McCullum had two huge swings at balls 2 and 3 and you were just wincing waiting for him to connect.

Was there and pretty drunk as it went on. Bit of a blur in hindsight but no regrets as Australia had it in the bag within the first 15 overs.

Any loss at this point will be fun to watch. But an earth shattering loss in the final would be the funniest. A little risky though because any team is a chance in a one-off game at this point and if England win the whole thing I might need to head somewhere for a week.
The 'it's coming home' stuff has started a little early. But I actually hope England win. Would love to be in London if they did.

For me, the 2005 grand final at an Aussie pub in England. Die hard footy fans getting up at 4am to drink, Swans were still the scrappy underdogs at that point, looking to break a drought. The Swans fans were great that day and even though we lost, I was happy for them. Would have been different if they had won in 2006 :p

Also, any Pearl Jam gig is usually a wonderful atmosphere and experience.

Concede a 90th minute equaliser than lose on penalties I reckon. That’d do me.

2016 GF was pretty amazing. Being behind the goals when Boyd kicked his 3rd, the noise that rose as it curled through the air and bounced up was ridiculous. Really felt like the stands were shaking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst thing about England at the moment is the amount of people who have more German/Scandinavian/Dutch (Italians and Slvas would never support anyone but their own homeland) heritage and getting around them like it's their right, or like it's their second team. I support England in the cricket more so to piss off people who love Ricky Ponting but I've got nothing else except stodgy, bastardised, bog average English blood so this is my one time I can actually claim some sort of ownership.

It's borderline cultural appropriation!

Day 4 of the Sydney test in Jan it was nearly 50 degrees but the marsh brothers knocked up their 100s and Nathan Lyon bowled like a mad man

2007 / 2011 prelims were both crazy to be at given they each finished under a goal. Heartbreak in the first, jubilation in the second. For some weird reason I still remember walking past Stephen Curry (of Castle fame) and high-fiving him after the match outside the 'G.

Watching the 2010 drawn Granny at The Australian Bar in NYC. The last five minutes were electric.

2013/14 Premier League title at the Imperial Hotel with a couple of City mates and a pub full of Englishmen and other die-hards. Wish I was there for the drought-breaker but was at home for that one.

Any number of really important and seminal gigs, but seeing Radiohead in Portugal was special.

-Mentone Edgewater pub when Aloisi scored that penalty to put us through to the 2006 World Cup. Roof nearly lifted off the place. Beer flying everywhere. Hugging random dudes.

- Mates Bucks party a couple of years back. He invited about 100, so huge crew at the woolami races. Everyone put in 100 for one bloke to put in behalf of everyone during the day. Last race we had about 6k left (about $60 back each) so we decided to put the whole lot on the nose of a $5 chance in last. It made a late run and got up by a nose. Obviously not a huge win on an individual level, but was just such an awsoeme atmosphe and great way to end the day

- played in a match about four years ago where we were down by 40 points at three quarter time. Came back and won by a point. Boy what a feeling that was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back