List Mgmt. Best young key forward in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

What's it been - 2 weeks in defence? Yet he's 11 goals behind Tex Walker (2nd place) prior to start of this round. Would have needed to match AND exceed his best game all year 2 weeks in a row to have any hope of being 2nd. And unlike Naughton and King, he doesn't have to deal with the best defender every week
He’s probably spent 3 games out of the forward line in total this year. Think he might’ve gone alright against Fremantle and Hawthorn as well just quietly 😉.

He does deal with far less supply than those two though.

Got outmarked several times by Weitering last week.

Good point 😂😂😂 I should have said rarely. Still think he crashes packs and is more physical than the other young key forwards. Has some prick and arrogance which is needed as a key forward.

Lazy 4 goals tonight for Naughton. Now 22.16 from 9 games, and one of the only key forwards in the comp to have kicked multiple goals in every game so far (Taberner the only other?).

Ben King is his equal, but I think they're pretty evidently the best two young key forwards. McKay better than both but given the age difference (and that he's approaching mid 20s) I wouldn't count him among the "young" guys anymore.
To be fair he got a bs free and Clurey got subbed off.... I’d still take him over 95% of other key forwards though.

Georgiades looking like a player but more of a third tall and sadly Marshall despite all his skills is looking like he just won’t make the next step.

He’s probably spent 3 games out of the forward line in total this year. Think he might’ve gone alright against Fremantle and Hawthorn as well just quietly 😉.

He does deal with far less supply than those two though.
Gold Coast averages 0.6 more inside 50s than the Eagles per game

Gold Coast averages 0.6 more inside 50s than the Eagles per game
My point was being second/third string is a double edged sword. Gold Coast has no one else to kick it too, the majority of Allen’s shots had to come from pack marks or winning his own ball. Most of the others in this thread benefit from being the focal point.

Love the weekly bumps.. last week Naughtons a hack and this week his a god.

I think that's the nature of this thread and people in general, always reacting to in the moment stuff. This was the first full dogs game I'd watched in a month and Naughton looked like a beast. Was solid when he needed to be and bagged 4. Another reason why it's so close is because they are all talented players.

Love me some Naughts, needs to work on his kicking though, get a proper routine. That snap he put out on the full was a regulation set shot.
But he kicked 4.0 from his set shots 😂 I’ll be the first to say he needs to work on his snaps, literally could add 8-10 goals to his tally if he was competent around the corner. But his actual set shots, it’s so overblown how bad he is. He’s genuinely reliable in front of goal.

My point was being second/third string is a double edged sword. Gold Coast has no one else to kick it too, the majority of Allen’s shots had to come from pack marks or winning his own ball. Most of the others in this thread benefit from being the focal point.
Playing on the oppositions best defender each week is not easy though. I love Allen, I think him and Naughty are a class above the kings (McKay best of the lot but he has 3 years of development on the rest) but being the number one forward is a whole different ball game. Will be interesting to see how he goes when he has to cop it

But he kicked 4.0 from his set shots 😂 I’ll be the first to say he needs to work on his snaps, literally could add 8-10 goals to his tally if he was competent around the corner. But his actual set shots, it’s so overblown how bad he is. He’s genuinely reliable in front of goal.

Its always better to miss badly to maintain that perfect record in the behinds column!! He’s okay but the stalwarts of the last generation have been dead eyes, no surprise that Hawkins, Kennedy, Lynch and Riewoldt (Gunston, Roughead, Bruest as well) speak for the majority of the flags in the last decade and a half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's with bulldog fans rushing to anything St Kilda laying the boot in? lol just lol .... Are we still angry over the prelims and last year? From a St Kilda perspective i doubt any of us care one way or another what happens to the bulldogs.

All these young key forwards look very good. Mckay looks like he's hit beast mode and any club would love him. Allen would be my next pick, very good at both ends.

Still i am very happy with Max, he's going to the best mark of the lot. Just needs to straighten up his kicking and get a couple more pre seasons under him and it's all before him.
Am I missing something , or are other teams supporters commenting on this thread too, seen a few from other clubs putting the boots in also. sensitive much?

What's with bulldog fans rushing to anything St Kilda laying the boot in? lol just lol .... Are we still angry over the prelims and last year? From a St Kilda perspective i doubt any of us care one way or another what happens to the bulldogs.
Haven’t made a comment here but I do it in response.

Your mob takes a dig at the dogs every chance they get so please don’t whinge.

Lazy 4 goals tonight for Naughton. Now 22.16 from 9 games, and one of the only key forwards in the comp to have kicked multiple goals in every game so far (Taberner the only other?).

Ben King is his equal, but I think they're pretty evidently the best two young key forwards. McKay better than both but given the age difference (and that he's approaching mid 20s) I wouldn't count him among the "young" guys anymore.
McKay probably graduated past the "potential guns" category given he is leading the Coleman despite shit delivery from our mids.

Still he's only 23, about a year older than allen (22) and two older than naughton (21). Hardly old for a kpf

McKay probably graduated past the "potential guns" category given he is leading the Coleman despite sh*t delivery from our mids.

Still he's only 23, about a year older than allen (22) and two older than naughton (21). Hardly old for a kpf

I reckon the AFL have defined young with the 22 and under team. 5 preseasons and you're an senior player seems about right.

McKay probably graduated past the "potential guns" category given he is leading the Coleman despite sh*t delivery from our mids.

It's not a binary young/old situation. It's simply that McKay is in the middle age group now. If we want to count him as young still then he's number 1, but he was born in 1997 and currently in his 6th season. I feel he's past the point of qualifying as young

I would still prefer this order even though McKay is a little older.

1- Naughton
2- B.King
3- McKay
4- Allan
5- M.King

All absolute stars of the competition.

I really miss the 90’s as a kid watching the key forwards kick big bags. Modra,Ablett, Lockett and Dunstall.

It’s exciting that we have such a good crop of young forwards as it’s been a while since the Pavlich, Tredrea, Lloyd,Riewoldt,J.Brown, Richardson era.

I'd go 1. Naughton, 2. McKay, 3. B. King, with a bit of a gap to the rest, headed by M. King and Allen. But there's **** all between them and I think you could justifiably put those three in any order and it would be absolutely reasonable. I just love watching Naughton play footy a bit more than the others and that's the main basis for that order.

True. Weitering is an out-and-out gun. I think that we're in for another decade of these two gladiators having epic battles against each other. Worth the price of admission.

Exactly right! Wayne Carey who is one of the greatest of all time, has lost battles to Jackovich and has beaten him also. Naughton did get well beaten last week against Weitering but still managed to have some influence kicking 2 goals and a poster. He’ll get some revenge in the future learning how to best play him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back