List Mgmt. Best young key forward in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

lol the overreactions in this thread to a bad game. max is in his 3rd year, obviously going to have a few bad games.
This is why i hate people... People are so excited to s**t on a young kid.

People rushing to a thread to crap on a second year key forward are losers. He is still a hell of a talent, just working through some things at the moment as most young key forwards do.

McKay has a year or two on most here, but he’s a gun. Beautiful kicking action, dominant in the air and quite agile given his size. He’s one of the few oppo players I enjoy watching.

I’m most likely bias, but I see Naughton as a pretty special player. Awesome leap and grab, cat like when the ball hits ground and is as determined as any big forward I’ve seen. Plus he’s only a year and a few rounds into his forward craft. A lot of improvement still to come.

It’s a wait and see with Kings, they’ve definitely flushed with talent, the endeavour isn’t at the level of others but that will likely improve with confidence.

Allen is the other who impresses. Is lucky to have Kennedy next to him to guide and learn from. Has a similar trajectory to Naughton.

I don’t remember such a great bunch of tall forwards.

As a side note, Bailey Smith has definitely dropped a few notches since Dermy hypocritically singled him out for his aggression. Seemed to take it to heart, hopefully he gets passed it and is able to catch back up to Walsh.

McKay has a year or two on most here, but he’s a gun. Beautiful kicking action, dominant in the air and quite agile given his size. He’s one of the few oppo players I enjoy watching.

I’m most likely bias, but I see Naughton as a pretty special player. Awesome leap and grab, cat like when the ball hits ground and is as determined as any big forward I’ve seen. Plus he’s only a year and a few rounds into his forward craft. A lot of improvement still to come.

It’s a wait and see with Kings, they’ve definitely flushed with talent, the endeavour isn’t at the level of others but that will likely improve with confidence.

Allen is the other who impresses. Is lucky to have Kennedy next to him to guide and learn from. Has a similar trajectory to Naughton.

As a side note, Bailey Smith has definitely dropped a few notches since Dermy hypocritically singled him out for his aggression. Seemed to take it to heart, hopefully he gets passed it and is able to catch back up to Walsh.
Smith is having a down patch as all youngsters do. Wouldnt surprise me to see him dominate in the second half of the season as hes got all the tools to be a complete mid.

but then again this is a forwards thread lol ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max is 4th for contested grabs in his second season. Averages 2.3 a game, only Rooey had higher contested marks per game in his second year.

Did it against a very good Geelong defense also.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

King took all his marks on Jack Henry who has no right to be played as a KPD.

He’s a good contested mark but geelongs KPD’s are really underwhelming when Blicavs is played as the 2nd ruck.

Ben King and Naughton are the clear top 2 for me. Only question mark over Allen is how he'll go when he takes the best defenders without Kennedy and Darling, otherwise I'd have him with those 2 who have shown they can carry a forward line.

Larkey and Max King both have shown great signs but just haven't put together many dominant performances at this stage. That said, very difficult for Larkey to do so when his service is so poor.

Wayyyy too early to judge McDonald, Thilthorpe, Ugle-Hagan etc

Max is 4th for contested grabs in his second season. Averages 2.3 a game, only Rooey had higher contested marks per game in his second year.

Did it against a very good Geelong defense also.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It’s his 3rd season isn’t it? And Aaron Naughton finished with the leagues most contested grabs last year.

Max King as also playing on Jack Henry for a majority of last night.

It's the determination that sets Naughton apart. He's desperate in a way that few players are, and it allows him to get to balls other players don't.

Other players are arguably better marks, and there would be quite a few who are better set shots, but he's going to be there when it's all a little too hard for those players.

Geez you can’t help but be excited by Max King.

When it finally clicks, he will start tearing games apart.

Maybe when he is a 21 or 22 year old……
The excitement factor is about the same for a handful of other key forwards mentioned in this thread too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back