Bigger impact - Lake to Hawthorn or Tippett to Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Tippett by a country mile.

Hawthorn folk are seriously overrating Lake he has very little left and will be gone in 2 years max

Yeah good on ya write off players why don't ya... too bad if karma hits the Pies... some of you supporters are stupid, Lake got third in the B&F count at the Dogs this year, also two years doesn't go that quick, I think it will be 3 or 4 years. Anyway we wanted a gorilla defender that is good now, not one that will be good in two years time, cause we have got Schoenmakers!

Sydney need to reinvigorate their list (given no less than 5 of their starting 22 were over the age of 30), so its completely understandable why they're willing to splurge upwards of 800k on a second ruckman cum second forward that delivered in one game last season and has obvious issues with concession

Concussion* :thumbsu:

Talking about the Salary Cap... how's Sydney's extra money....

I dunno, don't know what it feels like to have a bunch of super stars on big money, and then recruiting another one without losing a player, thought I'd ask you guys.

I dunno, don't know what it feels like to have a bunch of super stars on big money, and then recruiting another one without losing a player, thought I'd ask you guys.

Nah, you should know what a family club is... you do support the Blood Brothers?

This post is 5% insight, 95% hope.

100% based on the stone cold evidence provided by the plethora of clubs in the history of this game who have attempted to consistently top up and recycle players to fill bit roles for short term gains, failed, and been left in the duldrums for years after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks don't need Lake, baffling decision to pick him up. It wasn't the inability to hold opposition key forwards that cost the hawks in the prelim and GF, it was the inability of their own forwards to impact the scoreboard

100% based on the stone cold evidence provided by the plethora of clubs in the history of this game who have attempted to consistently top up and recycle players to fill bit roles for short term gains, failed, and been left in the duldrums for years after.

& this time round you are going to be 100% wrong... wait & see

See: The Sydney Swans 2002 onwards. I mean..

Hawks don't need Lake, baffling decision to pick him up. It wasn't the inability to hold opposition key forwards that cost the hawks in the prelim and GF, it was the inability of their own forwards to impact the scoreboard

Ah did you watch Tippett & Cloke being played into form.... not pointing at you or anything, why do you other supporters keep on whinging about this trade & Hawthorn's list... you jealous? :oops:

Oh so Swans title Blood Brothers is just a metaphor....
At Hawthorn, players are on contracts that they would get more at another club, but they don't want to leave the club cause they've made great mates & they are united as a playing group

See: The Sydney Swans 2002 onwards. I mean..

Firstly, Sydney don't tend to recycle 30 year old has been's. They recycle players struggling for opportunities and and with their best football ahead of them.

Secondly, one posotive example doesn't make an argument considering you'll find 5 negative examples per one postive.

Christ, Im in Scotland and I can smell the seething jealousy and desperate wishful thinking from here.

Teams like adelaide 97-98, essendon 2000, Brisbane 2001,02,03 hawks 08 Pies 10 Sydney 05,12 yeh ?

Podsiadly, Jolly, etc...

Not saying it will work out for us, but it has worked for others.

Obviously not every club can win a premiership during their window, but you have to do all you can to give yourself the best possible chance to prevail in September, and that's what we're doing.

Christ, Im in Scotland and I can smell the seething jealousy and desperate wishful thinking from here.

Jealous of what? Another desperado Hawks fan trying to cling to this old chestnut, in an attempt to drown out their own club's epic failures. We've won 3 flags in 6 years, blooded 20 new players and lost 6 premiership players the past two seasons yet remained a finals team and Hawthorn still can't beat us through the years they were mean't to be the next great dynasty and continue to choke under the weight of their own expectation. What's there to be jealous of?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back