Preview BL vs Port Adelaide - Rd 7 - Sat @6:55

Remove this Banner Ad

Even without Neale, this will be an almighty challenge. Brisbane at home is right up there with Richmond at the MCG, West Coast in Perth and Geelong at Kardinia Park.

We must have a plan for Zorko who is in hot form. Lyons too, goes under the radar too often and needs to be watched.

Our depth had a field day on Sunday against an insipid St Kilda In familiar surrounds. If players like Frederick, Bergman and Woodcock can contribute like they did on Sunday we are a huge shot. But if they get lost on an unfamiliar ground, we will struggle big time.

Brisbane imo play the fastest brand of any team in the competition. When they are at their absolute best, their players are anticipating 2-3 moves ahead and running into the open spaces. It only takes them to have a 10 minute purple patch where they kick 5-6 goals and the game is done and dusted. We simply cannot afford that to happen on Saturday night. Our midfield needs to slow the game down and play it on our terms, because I'm not convinced we can beat them in a foot race.

This one's all about the midfield. They made us look like training cones last year in the centre.

Need to win the midfield if we're going to win the game. Cannot afford a one quarter lapse - the game will be over in 10 minutes if that happens.

I think that Darcy Gardener is a definite out for them because of concussion protocols.

Harris Andrews will almost certainly start on Charlie; he has been putrid this season and just had Ben McKay (!) kick 6 on him. Charlie needs to lead him up the ground and let Georgi and the Hummingbirds get 2 work i50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neale out helps, but we need to lift the bar a bit this week.
Wet weather could see Rocky or SPP included.
Last two weeks after the Richmond high have been calculated, methodical wins.
We've had our two game mental break, and should be refreshed, so time to pull out another big effort.

If we don’t get blown away in the Centre and at stoppages like the eagles game, we might have a chance, but not confident at all

Lost our last three to them and all of them have been pretty bad losses. Need to stop the usual suspects that destroy us, Hipwood and Cameron especially, but with Neale out gives us a significant advantage in the midfield and the way our forward line is playing at the moment if we win the midfield battle we should definitely win this game.
Never confident against Brisbane but winning this would be absolutely massive.

If we play like last night, we win

but it did take us a while to settle last night, absorbing huge pressure. If they saints were four goals up, with straight kicking it would have been a different game altogether.

what I've liked against the Saints and the Tigers has been our work rate. further I liked the speed Fantasia and Freddie have brought to the side. We just need things to click for Dixon but the Gabba humidity and the night game (his poor eyesight) may mean he needs to deliver working it down to the rovers and chasing down defenders with his bulk.

This is gonna sound really odd but the last 3 times we have been beaten by Brisbane it has started from Stefan Martin jumping over and running off Lycett.

Him now being at the Bulldogs and obviously Neale being an out means there is a massive clearance hole for Brisbane to fill which is where I think we have the ascendancy. Go back and watch last years game especially and the tone was set from Martin so I’m extremely bullish about this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is gonna sound really odd but the last 3 times we have been beaten by Brisbane it has started from Stefan Martin jumping over and running off Lycett.

Him now being at the Bulldogs and obviously Neale being an out means there is a massive clearance hole for Brisbane to fill which is where I think we have the ascendancy. Go back and watch last years game especially and the tone was set from Martin so I’m extremely bullish about this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also Oscar McInerny and Hipwood have out-talled us in the past ... AA cancels some of that height advantage

We will beat them next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back