Preview BL vs Port Adelaide - Rd 7 - Sat @6:55

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough to get a read on this game.

I think Port’s triple threat forward line is functioning better, but if Port can’t at least match it in the middle, it won’t matter.

Even without Neade, they are still very dangerous.
Yes, they will NEADE some help without the bolting small forward.

Hmmm the weather makes me nervous, much harder to predict a winner in those sort of conditions.
Rocky and SPP make a lot of sense in those conditions but so does Drew.
I am not worried at all ... I live up here and have a good idea on how to read the weather report. We have a forecast of 80% chance of showers ... SHOWERS - Not rain. That means somewhere in the greater Brisbane area there is an 80% chance of a shower occurring. Big deal, it will be no different to a dewy night here at the Gabba.

Now if it changes to STORMS, or to RAIN, being forecast, then I would say be a little concerned.

They're the only team we haven't beaten since the start of last year.

Just on this, because I love random stats, if we do win that would mean the team we have beaten least recently is actually the Gold Coast SUNS ... and the team they have beaten least recently is Port Adelaide! Get your head around that. Surely this would be a first in VFL/AFL history.

Just on this, because I love random stats, if we do win that would mean the team we have beaten least recently is actually the Gold Coast SUNS ... and the team they have beaten least recently is Port Adelaide! Get your head around that. Surely this would be a first in VFL/AFL history.
I'll tweet sirswampthing and ask if it happens

Nice! Seems like the sort of thing Swamp on Twitter would be all over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Hipwood doesn't get his usual bag this time around. I think we should win this especially with Neale out who always tears us a new one.

If hipwood plays his best game of the year against us for the 3rd or 4th time in a row I’ll spew

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
i'd go as far as saying his best 3-4 games of his career have been against Port

He is an average at best footballer who for some reason against us plays like a superstar

I'm just gonna tip Brisbane and have no expectations. Honestly we should be favourites, but beating Brisbane at the Gabba at anytime is a tough ask. Just dont capitulate like we did against Wet Toast please.

I think Brisbane are significantly weaker with Martin being traded to the Bulldogs. Last year they got on top in the middle and we couldn't stop the tide. The threat of Martin/McInerney against Lycett all day is now gone, and I think Lycett is levels above McInerney. If Lycett can continue his form into this game he should give our mids first use which is a big key at the Gabba.

Without Neale and around the ground I feel we are stronger so time we went up there and proved it. A big challenge but one I feel our side is more then up for.

The cow supporting idiots are already saying how lucky (again) we are that he isn't playing..
They are mentioning how we always play teams missing their stars

On T86 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who cares what they have to say.......didn't realise we were playing them so their opinion as it is 99.9% of the time is irrelevant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back