Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

This was PM'd to me and the poster would like to remain anonymous:-

Papely - No chance 2 x 1 st round draft picks.
Grundy - Zero Chance.
Cameron (Darcy) - Locked In.
Martin - Locked In.
These two above will happen VERY early in the trade week.
Cogs - more and more likely still a bit to play out.
B Crouch - 65% there, for Carlton the final decision will be made by Russell and his confidence to get his body right.

#Bluemour

Just caught up with a good mate from Sydney.

Some info:

Giants keen on Darcy Cameron but his preference is Melbourne and Carlton. Been the case for a while now. Friends with crippa and has been guaranteed good opportunity

Jack Martin is so excited to possibily join us. Interest from Dogs and Saints. Upto SOS and co to pay what suns want. Levi may be the circuit breaker

Cogs still a genuine 50/50
Some think his leaving, some thinking he stays. Loves his ambassador role

Same mate who gave me the 4 for 1 deal in 2016, Jaksch and tutt also Kennedy couple of seasons back. I respect his intel

PS: Sydney traffic stinks

#Bluemour

From my new favourite coin...

Don't expect anymore leaks on conigs until after the season is over for GWS. Nothing has changed, but he's not wanting to put GWS/team mates in an awkward position (although GWS have been forcing this somewhat by wanting clarity ASAP to be able to offer deals to existing players if he is leaving).

#Bluemour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From deano35. Re posted for clarity.

"The Giants are pitching the best and final offer. The Hawks have changed also with them playing Clarko as there trump card. Both those clubs are not confident of retaining him/ luring him. We have not moved and that says it all...... At this time of year your going to hear everything and anything from people who are connecting in the media to push a certain clubs agenda. Relax and enjoy the ride coz the Teague train is getting inundated with inquiries and bookings !!!!"

#Bluemour

Last edited:
Multiple sources reporting that the AFL has assured GWS that there will be ambassadorial/marketing money included in any deal for Coniglio therefore making a "matching of contracts" unnecessary.

A contract could be announced as soon as this coming Monday.

#Bluemour

Can confirm Cogs is definitely staying at GWS. Heard from a Vic based player previously and last night at the basketball I sat with two senior business figures connected with our club. We are VERY mad at the AFL intervention.

Our first pick this year and next are on the table for quality mids - Wines, a Crouch, Boak, Parker all name dropped but I don’t think they know the likely targets.

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke to a guy recently who has very close ties to the Sydney board and is on the board of one of the organisations owned by the Swans, he was adamant that Papley is required and they will do everything they can to keep him.
Said no-one is leading the race to get him as Sydney won't let him go, but when pushed said 2 first-rounders would be the starting point if he does leave.
This bloke is the type of guy who everytime you mention football will tell you how he has dinner with Buddy regularly, so take as you will, and not sure on how much list information he has access to.

#Bluemour

Without sounding repetitive (and the risk of being lambasted), Cogs is genuinely undecided. But as of RIGHT NOW, he is either coming to us or staying at the Giants with the latter the more likely of the 2.

Papley deal is almost being put in the too hard basket. (Swans wanting too much for a contracted leader of their club which is understandable.)

As I have been saying all year, our first pick in this years draft in more than likely to be moved on.

Furthermore, I don't blame Barrass for his reaction. For the very very minority of you out there, here is a simply solution, you don't like what you read, there is an ignore option available for your usage.

#Bluemour

Just heard - From my mates brother who drinks with Percy Jones regularly. It’s between us and GWS for Cogs. Clarkson was trying to get in on the action but failed. If GWS get rolled by Dogs in the first week then we’re a chance. If they go relatively well in finals he definitely stays. Suggested its 70/30 against.

Papley said to be staying put. Cost way too high.

Martin front and centre. Wants to come here.

Club said to be doing a ton of fishing all over the country.

#Bluemour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back