Rumour Bluemour File *rumours only - NO DISCUSSION*

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Main Board

Cerra Pick 6 and swap of later picks. All but agreed.
Young for late pick. Probably around 60
We want 35 for SPS. We may add later pick we get back for Cerra
Possible another trade in discussion

#Bluemour

Last edited by a moderator:

RE: Lochie O'Brien, from an impeccable source on the main boards:

#Bluemour

I received a PM from a regular poster yesterday. They didn't want to post this themselves but said it was okay for me to.

The rumour is that the players are going on a hush hush training camp today, somewhere in Victoria.

Apparently the training load is probably about 10% more than what the guys have done previously and will be ramping up even further.

Also, Voss is seen as tough but fair. Holding players accountable.

Received another PM. Same deal as last.

Apparently, somewhere between a third and half of our list have had Covid so far.

#Bluemour

Different poster from the previous two.

Voss is really involved culturally but is empowering his line coaches to manage their players and report up to him, delegating to them how to achieve the directives he sets. Apparently, the players are really liking the structure and clarity of it

Very different from the previous regimes where players before were often told to do things by different people all over the club.

#Bluemour

Had a chat with somebody that works at the club- nothing ground breaking but all good to hear in any case.

Walsh- kid is a freak, even his ability to recover from injuries is first rate 😂. Health wise, he should be good to go for round 1. However club will most likely be conservative with him and it’s almost a case of saving himself from himself. Will be playing before round 4 though.

Hewett- has exceeded expectations this preseason and they think he will have a massive impact on team improvement this year. Couldn’t have left a better impression with everyone around the club.

Carrol- they LOVE this kid. Will be playing senior footy sooner rather than later and lots of it.
#Bluemour

Spoke with my mate for the first time in ages, a couple of interesting take away's for me.

Dow - Think's he will be ok and still on the list next year (long way to go obviously) and being kept out of the side by Kennedy.

Kennedy - Penny has dropped, his form is 95% him 5% coaching. Has realised the coaches can only do so much and has taken it on himself to get better / perform better.

This is also a more generalised thing too that the players are taking more ownership.

My mates expectations for the year (not the club view his view from what he sees) two finals this year if the lists stays healthy. I would preface this with every year before this he has been very pessimistic so I was surprised.
#Bluemour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Carmichael has been told by Blues that they will take him if he is still there at our pick.
(Fair chance he won’t be there but I am hoping he will)

Country football to AFL list in 6 months. Not a bad effort.

#Bluemour

Another PM received.

Cuningham back in 5 weeks. McGovern looking at Round 18.

Kemp doesn't mind getting thrown around. Seems to like having utility value.

Dow gets lost when asked to play forward. Keeps having to receive instruction on where to run. Midfield or bust for him.

#Bluemour

Austin is a better chance of joining Her Majesty and Lord Paddington for a marmalade sandwich than signing luring Pearce from Freo, the man that has been captaining the ladder leaders for the majority of the year..

There is mutual interest between us and Amon, but only that. An asking price of around 700 has made the conversations very short.

The wishful thinking of a brother reunion next year is bordering on farcical. Mckay is contracted, happy and injury prone to the extreme, Geelong rate SDK higher than we rate TDK, keeping in mind we turned down a first rounder and change for TDK from the cats 2 years ago.

Club will access the recovery and performance of the KPD’s we have across the next 12 weeks before deciding which direction to go, but the general feeling is our first pick will be used on a young talent and we may look for a cheap, and I mean cheap, stop gap player to fill the void for the development period.
Think more in the Lewis Young/ Liam Jones level of trade/salary value.

#Bluemour

Liam Baker stays at Richmond or comes to us.

#Bluemour

Another PM.

Zac Williams starts running tomorrow.

McGovern's hamstring is okay. Needs conditioning so still looking at Round 18.

Pittonet is due to start playing VFL for conditioning but another bye this week. Ramping up his running. Also broke 2 ribs early in the Hawks game and battled on until being subbed off in the last.

Players really want Honey to play, describing him as 'powerful'.

#Bluemour

Edit: Misunderstood this. Pittonet will play VFL next week if we don't have a bye. My paraphrasing was poor. Not sure if next week means the one coming up or the one after that. All comes down to when the message was received. Pittonet is the one who didn't know the VFL draw.

TLDR: He is very, very close.

Last edited:
Caught up with someone yesterday and they mentioned a couple things...

Cunners, Williams and Marchy all working really hard in their rehab, Gov and Martin not so much. The club isn't impressed with their lack of professionalism.

Stocker and Owies have re-signed, just working on the finer details now. Apparently we're also keen on re-signing Motlop before he goes out of contract next year. Cunners was in the process of re-signing earlier on in the season but contract talks have been put on hold until the end of the year after his latest injury setback.

Charlie and Harry opened contract discussions with the club over the bye. As it stands both are keen to stay and are prepared to take unders. Not that anyone should take Cornes seriously but him saying last night on FC that Charlie/Harry are asking for $1.1mil is ludicrous, both will sign for about $800k and it's around the same as what they're currently on. No salary cap squeeze here.

I guess we were sort of expecting it, but things have really cooled on the trades front. If I remember correctly Amon's management are wanting a 6 year contract at about $650-700k a year, we are not interested. We also have about $550k left in cap space before re-signings/retirements/delistings this year.

Our first rounder will be used in the draft and we are looking at a number of KPPs. If we were to pick someone up in the trade period it would be a Hewett/Young style acquisition. Highly doubt we'll be spending big bucks or high picks for anyone. The club understands that depth wise we are 1 KPP short at either end. There's been some talk about this on the list management thread, but internally we rate Mirkov very highly. I personally don't see us picking up another ruckman, but rather a KPF/ruck instead.

That's it, go Blues!
#Bluemour

Spent the weekend away in the high country with some old golfing buddies. One of the boys brought his mate along who just happens to be a player and coach agent. He was given the heads up on me that I'll ask a million questions and I was told very early on that he won't be telling me anything about his clients.
He was good bloke, a very dry sense of humour but wasn't really willing to engage much in conversation with the rest of us.

What he did mention was that the player agent industry is very tight and most of them know each other very well. A lot of it's not personal it's just business style of working where they try and poach each others clients and staff but can catch up over a beer and have a laugh often.

I couldn't help myself and asked if he was able to confirm/clarify anything that is/isn't well known. I fired off player names and he responded with either no comment or I can't answer that. He did however, humour me with the below which are mostly reserves players.
  • Patty Dow's agent is talking with rival clubs. There is interest in him.
  • Philp is having surgery on his foot this week. It needed time to heal a bit before surgery. Clubs are waiting to see how it heals because there is a list interested in him.
  • Parks has the same injury as Philp but he expects him to be delisted.
  • Expects OMac to be retained, Carlton would want return for investment. If delisted he wouldn't get picked up by anyone else.
  • Thinks we've been cruelled by injuries and carrying too many LTI type players.
  • Whilst we have the likes of Newnes, Hayes and Plowman in our starting 22, we won't ever be serious premiership contenders.
I pressed for more but was shut down by my mate. Not much more than what we already knew/assumed.
#Bluemour

Charlie likely to sign new contract before years end, Harry's negotiations might go into next year, but entirely confident they are both staying long term.
Interesting list calls to be made on the lower end, Setterfield's return to form has ramifications. Sholl is very a likely acquisition, can go into the reasons why again, but have covered it before and a few others have made similar point, he'll be a good pick up.
Depending on Marchbank and Govs ability to play out the year, we could have a very quiet offseason.

#Bluemour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back