Universal Love Bound For Glory - Grand Final Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This, people, is not the thread for your fears.

People on this site think Hawks fans are too cocky by half. Live up to the stereotype. Embrace the stereotype. If you cannot enjoy the biggest week of the season because you are scared of what MIGHT happen YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

We have a magnificent football club and a magnificent playing group. You could be doomed to a life supporting a pack of shittrucks. But you had the perspicacity to look past the fashion horror of brown and gold and see the history and values that make Hawthorn a great organisation. You are to be congratulated.

We get to reach out for greatness on Saturday. It may fall into our grasp or through our fingers. Regardless its the experience that counts. Enjoy the experience. If we lose, cross that bridge when we come to it.

I have 2 of my scarves hanging from my ceiling at work, someone wandered past and said somethig derogatory, I said "I dont respond to people with NFI" ... tomorrow a couple more of my memership scarves go up, I think I've got about 12 all up :)

Making my way down to my first live Grand Final. Really wish i was living in Melbourne to soak up the atmosphere all week. Here in Sydney, all we get are ads stating that the Swans are in the granny, they don't even mention which team they are playing! The news at least covers a little bit about the Hawks, but otherwise, i come on here to get my grand final week pump up.

Can't wait for Saturday! Go Hawks!

Well, the 7.30 Report gave its usual Sydneycentric view of things, comparing the NRL & AFL Grand Finals & an interview with Mike Pyke.

And right in the last 30 seconds there was a mention of who Sydney were playing and "their home grown stars, like Buddy Franklin & Cyril Rioli."

At least Hawthorn got a mention.:thumbsu:

To whoever changed Swan St to Hawks St last night, we salute you!

353_hawks-200x0.jpg

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/feathers-fly-as-famous-swan-changed-to-hawks-20120927-26mb6.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems there is a new trophy waiting for you everytime you log on.
Where are the veterans badges gone????

I'm sitting here in my office wearing a Hawks polo, with 6 of my dozen or so membership scarves hanging from the ceiling, and this smarmy little suited prick waltzes in:

him: "I've got a wager for you"
me: "oh yeah, what is it"
him: "I'm a Swans supporter, and if swans win you have to fly a Swans flag above your desk"
me: "nope"
him: "oh so you are not confident then?"
me: "No, I'm confident without being too confident, but I don't make stupid bets at work"
him: "oh"
me: "besides, I'm on holidays for 2 weeks after Saturday, I wouldn't be able to collect"

another one:
Stupid woman walks by "oh, whos jumping on the bandwagon eh?"
me: "see that scarf? It says 17 years membership you smartarse"... directors don't like being wrong or being called smartarses :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back