Recommitted Brayden Maynard [contracted and staying at Collingwood]

Remove this Banner Ad

Maynard is better than saad and can play on bigs and smalls plus most people would pick Maynard over saad.

Perhaps, but the fact Carlron paid over for Saad, shouldn't have any bearing on unrelated trades.

If the rumour came from anyone other than Brad Hardie, then I would sit up and take notice.

Hes contracted still for next year and Collingwood hold absolutely all the powers whether they want to trade him this year or not.and even if Maynard requested a trade

And in that case, Collingwood will not trade him this year.

It was such a random comment to by Hardie. And no one else
Has really ran with it or from what I have heard no one took it further with him. There are some links to Melbourne and Collingwood apparently need to clear more cap space. But you’d think they’d want to keep him.

It was such a random comment to by Hardie. And no one else
Has really ran with it or from what I have heard no one took it further with him. There are some links to Melbourne and Collingwood apparently need to clear more cap space. But you’d think they’d want to keep him.

Hardie’s comments didn’t seem at all vague to me, like “oh he’s mates with Petracca and his Dad barracked for Melbourne.” They were confident and unequivocal, “he will be at Melbourne in 2022.” You would only say that publicly if you had very good mail or were a bold faced liar. Seems a very odd choice of player to be lying about.

Maynard is good player but he’s not Darcy Moore or Christian Petracca. If he wants out and the Pies can extract a good price/trade for him why not? Players change clubs, often multiple players in one off season, as Collingwood’s recent history would attest to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree he is better than Saad (and younger) but Melbourne is not Carlton so not sure they'd pony up pick 8 or equivalent. They'd probably get Melbs late teen first rounder though.

Surely not true though? Have to be a dozen other players you'd let go before Maynard.
We don’t have a first rounder this year. Brisbane have ours.

Lol how is this thread even still going? The fact it was Hardie who said it should be evidence enough that it’s crap, but given Maynards manager has categorically ruled out a move, I’m not sure why some demons fans think there’s any substance to it…

Lol how is this thread even still going? The fact it was Hardie who said it should be evidence enough that it’s crap, but given Maynards manager has categorically ruled out a move, I’m not sure why some demons fans think there’s any substance to it…

Player manager denies rumour. Strike me down with a feather!

The thread wouldn't be on the front page if people didn't keep bumping it 🤷‍♀️

Hardie’s comments didn’t seem at all vague to me, like “oh he’s mates with Petracca and his Dad barracked for Melbourne.” They were confident and unequivocal, “he will be at Melbourne in 2022.” You would only say that publicly if you had very good mail or were a bold faced liar. Seems a very odd choice of player to be lying about.

Maynard is good player but he’s not Darcy Moore or Christian Petracca. If he wants out and the Pies can extract a good price/trade for him why not? Players change clubs, often multiple players in one off season, as Collingwood’s recent history would attest to.
Keep your powder dry, you ain’t getting Maynard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back