Recommitted Jack Graham [staying]

Remove this Banner Ad

Good boy Jack. This should put paid to those saying that we were pushing him out, which people just assumed was the case rather than another club having a sniff around a contracted player.

Probably not as embarassing for Port though, if he was actually being pushed out of Richmond, how crap must those meetings with Ken, Boak and Burton have been for a SA kid to say he didn't want to head back to SA (if the rhetoric from Port fans about being pushed out were true - which I don't think they are).

My theory is he was sniffing around for something. There are no figures or contract offers in the media so he has gone and listened to us thinking he might get a decent pay bump or something that would indicate we will play him in the midfield. We made no such offer and he decides that actually Richmond aren't too bad if he's not getting anything different from Port.

I'll give you the Amon compensation for Short the guys a gun
Short for pick 27.......

You're a funny guy. #1 AFL for metres gained, #1 AFL for total kicks, #2 AFL Kicks/game, #4 AFL Metres Gained per game, #15 AFL I50's per game.

Has your account been hacked by Dodoro???
He's a very decent player, but he's not really a need for us. We need more big-bodied mids who dominate clearances and/or ones with elite skills
Jack Riewoldt says JG is his #1 choice for delivery inside 50. He's a great kick.

Short for pick 27.......

You're a funny guy. #1 AFL for metres gained, #1 AFL for total kicks, #2 AFL Kicks/game, #4 AFL Metres Gained per game, #15 AFL I50's per game.

Has your account been hacked by Dodoro???

Jack Riewoldt says JG is his #1 choice for delivery inside 50. He's a great kick.
well therefore you will all have to agree that Sam Powell-Pepper is also a great kick because their efficiency stats are within 3% of each other with Graham's slightly inflated because he handpasses a bit more than Powell-Pepper.

I have been saying or a while that Powell-Pepper is an great kick but you all say he's complete rubbish.

Amon is #19 for metres gained and we got 27 for him

Taranto and Hooper are inside midfielders.

Yes you want to recruit good players but you can’t be in the same role.

My guess is graham plays hff and TT/Hop inside.

Lynch jack martin Cumberland riolijnr bolton graham - fwd

Nank Pickett macca cotchin TT Hop prestia, 2nd ruck mid.

But who knows maybe the great man still gets trades out

well therefore you will all have to agree that Sam Powell-Pepper is also a great kick because their efficiency stats are within 3% of each other with Graham's slightly inflated because he handpasses a bit more than Powell-Pepper.

I have been saying or a while that Powell-Pepper is an great kick but you all say he's complete rubbish.

Amon is #19 for metres gained and we got 27 for him
We ALL say SPP is complete rubbish do we? Lordy you have some s**t takes, he's a good player.

And Amons other area of strength is uncontested possessions. Nice player, OUT OF CONTRACT and it was compensation. Trying to put that compo pick up against a contracted Graham is a false equivalence. But in your heart, you know that, don't you....

We ALL say SPP is complete rubbish do we? Lordy you have some s**t takes, he's a good player.

And Amons other area of strength is uncontested possessions. Nice player, OUT OF CONTRACT and it was compensation. Trying to put that compo pick up against a contracted Graham is a false equivalence. But in your heart, you know that, don't you....
SPP and Graham's output match in every respect. The numbers don't lie and if you think one is a champion so is the other.

My theory is he was sniffing around for something. There are no figures or contract offers in the media so he has gone and listened to us thinking he might get a decent pay bump or something that would indicate we will play him in the midfield. We made no such offer and he decides that actually Richmond aren't too bad if he's not getting anything different from Port.

More like he was being polite and went to listen.

Something may unfold in the future so didnt want to disrespect Ports approach. And he also gets a market valuation on what he is worth $$$$.

Next time he negotiates an extension he and Richmond know others are interested.

No harm, no foul and a smart move by player and manager.

Seems that Graham would rather play VFL over SAFL. makes sense as VFL is higher quality
VFL is higher quality than SANFL is it?

Some games are but as an overall league id probably rank it SANFL - VFL - WAFL outside of AFL the SANFL is a quality league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There may be some truth in that it is all guesswork on our part.

I'm more in the camp it is astute and shrewd from Graham's point of view listen and get a real indication of true market value (I feel your theory may be on the money port weren't going to pay gross overs). But no harm done but smart move by him to tour and talk and assess his market worth.

SPP and Graham's output match in every respect. The numbers don't lie and if you think one is a champion so is the other.
Now you're conflating, bringing in things I just haven't said.

I NEVER said Graham is a champion, and I literally said SPP was a good player in my post. Not sure if you read it properly, looks like you didn't.

Amon at #27 as COMPENSATION for an OOC player is different to a value of a player still in contract. That was my point. So saying #27 for Amon means similar for Graham is, as I said, a false equivalence. Look it up.

Now you're conflating, bringing in things I just haven't said.

I NEVER said Graham is a champion, and I literally said SPP was a good player in my post. Not sure if you read it properly, looks like you didn't.

Amon at #27 as COMPENSATION for an OOC player is different to a value of a player still in contract. That was my point. So saying #27 for Amon means similar for Graham is, as I said, a false equivalence. Look it up.
To be totally honest I wrote that for other peoples consumption rather than for you because you are right that you did say SPP was a good player and you didn't say Graham was a champion.

Who is say that Port were the ones who walked away from their interest in Jack Graham, not the other way around here ?

We are not talking about an A Grader here or a player who is very likely/probably never be one ?

Actually now we find out JH-F has requested a to Port, I think this scenario is likely what happened.

Who is say that Port were the ones who walked away from their interest in Jack Graham, not the other way around here ?

We are not talking about an A Grader here or a player who is very likely/probably never be one ?

Actually now we find out JH-F has requested a to Port, I think this scenario is likely what happened.
After Graham meet with the Paps ticket B12-33 JHF was in the carpark with ticket no. B12-34. Kenny had to make sure he didn't say Jack or Jason to the wrong bloke.

Port just confirmed it was Graham who said no, bad luck bud

Remove this Banner Ad

Back