Rumour Brenton Sanderson to the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

If the rumour is in fact true, it won't be buckleys sole decision to make.
Bring it on I say. Any change should be good; New ideas, new relationships.
I can't see it making things any worse.
It probably wouldn't hurt to have some other new assistants too. Tapping into a senior assistant role?

Ok, we'll I'm going to discuss the topic and you can choose to ignore me or debate my opinions, no need to get personal.
Discuss the topic all you want, that's not my issue with you. It's the smug bullshit 'I shouldn't have to explain' bit that was condescending and unnecessary. I don't need some smug campaigner on a forum coming in to 'explain' theories on boys clubs that I'm already intimately familiar with given my business experience.

Now stop replying to me and just leave it please.

Discuss the topic all you want, that's not my issue with you. It's the smug bullshit 'I shouldn't have to explain' bit that was condescending and unnecessary. I don't need some smug campaigner on a forum coming in to 'explain' theories on boys clubs that I'm already intimately familiar with given my business experience.

Now stop replying to me and just leave it please.

You can't be bothered talking to me so you're going to keep talking to me and insulting me then expecting ME (the one who doesn't have a problem) to stop posting.

I think you know me better than that Apex, you have a go at me and I'll stand up for myself. Just relax, I'm not trying to upset you.

Papering over the cracks.It won't make any real difference in the long run.
How about we replace the whole playing list too, after all they're incapable of executing Bucks' all conquering and super effective game plan???

And if that's not enough we can do with a change of a boot studder, runners, cleaners etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every relationship is different. In some friendships people are far more brutally honest with each other than with other people. Maybe Bucks and Sanderson have such a relationship? None of us would know.

Sanderson would come with a lot of knowledge from other clubs and he was hardly at Collingwood and it was many many years ago.

My first thoughts are that I'm fine with it from that perspective.

I hope at least 2 or 3 of our assistants go. We need a shake up.

I'd be happy with Tapping getting an assistant gig. I'd also like to see Lockyer gone.

Personally, I think Sando to the coaching panel would be a great get. Clearly he can coach and I believe he'd strengthen our panel.

Assistant at Port in 2006, Geelong from 2007-11 (their glory years), then in 2012 took Adelaide to within a kick of a GF.

Looks like he copped his sacking at Adelaide on the chin and reflected on what he needed to change next time round.
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...e/news-story/4e8214ea8d28651ade105285aa0fcc52

Has since spent 2015-16 as the AFL Academy Head Coach, working with the best U16 and U18 kids in the land.

I'm not as worried as others about the close connection between him and Bucks, but can appreciate this aspect is a concern for some.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Harvey and that Grace coach have been told they aren't being contracted for next year.
Considering how good Harvey was at disposing of the ball, he hasn't rubbed off at all on our current batch.
Some of the handball Friday were metres behind the player.

It beggars belief how lacking we are at fundamental skills at this point.

And our forward line is a debacle.
At least Grace can say he had the best forwards missing for large chunks over the last year.

Considering how good Harvey was at disposing of the ball, he hasn't rubbed off at all on our current batch.
Some of the handball Friday were metres behind the player.

It beggars belief how lacking we are at fundamental skills at this point.

And our forward line is a debacle.
At least Grace can say he had the best forwards missing for large chunks over the last year.
Buckley was one of the best kicks in the AFL history.. It's more on him then Harvey.

I'm a bit torn. On one hand he may very well help us improve our team given his credentials but on the other hand its well established that they are both close mates which makes you wonder if it might becomes more of a boys club rather than someone objectively right/better for the role.

Buckley was one of the best kicks in the AFL history.. It's more on him then Harvey.
I know the kicking is shot,was just surprised they couldn't even hit handball from close range through the midfield.

They always handball to someone a metre or so away under more pressure than them.

Happy to have him. Apparently Sumich has left Freo too. Would be happy with Sando, Sumich and Tapping in the box with Bucks. Not sure whi the outs would be.

Is it just me, or is it really surprising that Harvey is held in really high regard as a Senior Assistant?

I'm a bit torn. On one hand he may very well help us improve our team given his credentials but on the other hand its well established that they are both close mates which makes you wonder if it might becomes more of a boys club rather than someone objectively right/better for the role.

I 100% Agree. I see both Postive and Negatives about this Potential Appointment

Happy to have him. Apparently Sumich has left Freo too. Would be happy with Sando, Sumich and Tapping in the box with Bucks. Not sure whi the outs would be.

Is it just me, or is it really surprising that Harvey is held in really high regard as a Senior Assistant?

Sumich Supposely Stormed out of Freo.

Think he told Ross to Stick it where the Sun does not shine

I would have thought that the line coaches were responsible for skills, positioning and implementing game plan within their respective lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back