Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever.

They have the template, unlike 2014, they are making thousands the last 10 weeks. They don't need another 10 weeks to make 22/44/88 with a 2nd JMS logo on the back instead of GFG.

Maybe.
I don’t see why they wouldn’t if they could though.

If we have iron on patches for our Rd 2 match, then that would really sum up this club atm.

I really hope it doesn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sorry if that came across as having a go at you, it was disbelieving what you were told.

I have no doubt they have done a big production run to sell to the fans as we love the PBs and I hope we sell 10,000+ jumpers. But the 22/44/88 they want the players to wear for Rd 2 showdown don't need 10 weeks production run.

Good thing we are depending on the halycon days of ISC 2014 not PAFC's, to manufacturer those jumpers then.

No I didn't take it personally, just don't have any reason to think why I'd be spun a yarn and therefore any reason to disbelieve what I was told

We had stuck on logos last year, so I expect the same again

No I didn't take it personally, just don't have any reason to think why I'd be spun a yarn and therefore any reason to disbelieve what I was told

We had stuck on logos last year, so I expect the same again
On the Maggies jumper? Bloody hope not the AFL one.

Are you talking about that accounting firm that become a sponsor of the Maggies mid season, and got their name on the back of the Maggies jumper for 2 or 3 weeks?

On the Maggies jumper? Bloody hope not the AFL one.

Are you talking about that accounting firm that become a sponsor of the Maggies mid season, and got their name on the back of the Maggies jumper for 2 or 3 weeks?

I thought that the gfg logo last year was iron on but on checking, it appeared to be only in the preseason and maybe on the clash against Melbourne?

Just spoke to them, they've got plenty of mediums, no large (I'm on the cusp so will go in and see)

Definitely try it on because the ISC sizing has changed over the years. My 2014 EF PBs is a Large and fits nicely but a current one was huge on me. I initially bought a Large but ended up exchanging it for a Medium.

Definitely try it on because the ISC sizing has changed over the years. My 2014 EF PBs is a Large and fits nicely but a current one was huge on me. I initially bought a Large but ended up exchanging it for a Medium.
Actually that's what she said as well. I squeeze into medium I bought in 2014 so I may be ok this time round

Actually that's what she said as well. I squeeze into medium I bought in 2014 so I may be ok this time round

You definitely will be fine then. I used to wear XL for the 2014 prison bar jumper and all of the other ISC port jumpers since 2013. With this new prison bar jumper I was absolutely swimming in a L and even the M has plenty of room.

I'm wondering if the club held off this second order of PB's so they can get MG on them. The timing is pretty coincidental.

I'm wondering if the club held off this second order of PB's so they can get MG on them. The timing is pretty coincidental.

Yep. Given they have known for 5 weeks that MG would be a sponsor, it would have taken time to "tool up" the machinery. Sell out the old stock 100% and watch the demand kick in, especially those who gotta have the 100% authentic new logo on there, and buy another one.

Interesting, though, the club's photo day is today and no MG on the player's guernseys. I would have thought they'd do some iron-on's or something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Given they have known for 5 weeks that MG would be a sponsor, it would have taken time to "tool up" the machinery. Sell out the old stock 100% and watch the demand kick in, especially those who gotta have the 100% authentic new logo on there, and buy another one.
I didn't get one of the first batch so I'll end up with an MG one, but the GFG one looks very sweet without the red!

I didn't get one of the first batch so I'll end up with an MG one, but the GFG one looks very sweet without the red!
I haven't bought one yet, mainly because I knew what was coming.

They rang me today to tell me the large was in so maybe not? Although i cut him short because I got the M on the weekend so maybe he was just telling me a date (before or by round 1 last advice)

Based on previous conversation with them it didn't appear that was going to take place but things can move quickly when they want them too

I'm happy with GFG front and back though (my last one has Renault both sides too)

All supporter PB’s will have GFG on them.
The players will have MG as creating guernseys for them is a different process.
The sponsorship came too late to change the supporter guernseys.

FFS hasn't ISC heard of Just in Time manufacturing?? Hard to believe they cant tool up and make a change.

I worked for French CAD/CAM manufacturer Lectra Systems whose major sector for sales was the apparel industry, and those clients of ours that manufactured apparel for other businesses, didn't have any problem making last minute changes for large orders from their clients. I would think 25 years on, the whole technological progress has made this easier.

I don't really give a stuff about missing out on the MG logo, but I know there are supporters who do and buy a lot of stuff because they want the latest and authentic merchandise that the players wear.

Time to change apparel manufacturer I think.

Would there be a local business on board with the club that could take the current merchandising and embroider the MG logo at a smaller cost (with permission)? The club may not want to pay that expense but measure that up against not selling those garments at RRP because of that logo missing … what would be best? Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back