Brisbane and Gold Coast will play for the ....... Cup?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good thing both games will be played at the Gabba, otherwise we'd have the Near QClash and the...

far q! I was just going to post something like that....

Personally I think they should have gone with something that has a rugby league bent to be in the NRL's face....

the scrum
the scrum with the scum?!

Good thing both games will be played at the Gabba, otherwise we'd have the Near QClash and the...
I had a relative who told everyone she was staying with a friend on Far Coffs Harbour Road. She meant Old Coffs Harbour Road.

On the topic.....

I can see why Sunshine Stoush wasn't selected. The term "stoush" really only has one common meaning, which is a fight or brawl. That probably isn't the message that the AFL want to be sending out in today's sanitised environment. "Clash", whilst potentially having violent overtones, is a bit more open in terms of intepretation.

The other factor is that Hammo was the one pushing the "Sunshine Stoush" and so I wasn't too unhappy when it was not adopted.

I don't mind "The Clash" or "The Queensland Clash". The more I hear "The Clash" the more I like it. It really gives off a physical type vibe. If you were a non-football follower, I think "The Clash" is something to get you enthused.

I agree that Q-Clash sounds like we're trying too hard.

We have "The Derby" & "The Showdown" so why not "The Shootout" or something. Q-Clash sounds just a tad contrived. How about "Banana Battle" or "Mango Maul"? Or "Mudcrab Massacre" or "Crocodile Contest"? I go now.

If:-

1. we're calling it the clash;

2. some boffin in AFL management has declared that the Suns and Lions home strip does in fact clash;

then make "the clash" officially mean something - loser has to wear their clash strip in the next match. None of this "take it in turns" stuff. :p

1. we're calling it the clash;

Yeah! :thumbsu:

album-the-clash-us-version.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Shaun Hart shield.
He has always lived at the coast, done a lot of community work there before he started with the Sunspots and of course was a tireless man for the Lions.

Ahh I couldn't stand it. Found myself wondering why I'd wasted my time with it.
Everyone's different!
I think it was one of Speilberg's first movies(maybe the first)

Great for anyone with attention deficit,suits me well !

Yeah! :thumbsu:

album-the-clash-us-version.jpg

THE CLAMPDOWN CUP!

Absolutely! Even has it's own theme song.

[YOUTUBE]AVYMppMiSmc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Aside: On Boxing Day 2007 I went to Stamford Bridge to watch Chelsea play Aston Villa. Moments before kick off The Clash song London Calling was pumped through the ground public address system at volume to let visitors from Birmingham know exactly where they were. Sent shivers down the spine! Didn't help Chelsea though, they had to split the points with Villa after a 4 - 4 draw.

You should call in the briscoaster cup.

Just wondering have you guys ever won a spoon as the merged side the brisbane lions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back