Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownlow Medal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most seasons I've noticed that there may be a clear standout ruck man or two but compared to other outstanding players in the comp they are more middle of the pack type levels. Grundy has stood head and shoulders literally and figuratively above every player who has taken the field against him this season. Incredible performance so far.

Not sorry I picked Grundy for my username. He is an absolute Colossus of the game now. His marking is sure, his disposal has improved, his tapwork is a delight to watch, and his follow up in the ruck is impressive. It is between him and Adams for next captain. I thought he single handedly kept us in the game against Fremantle. If the HUN really want to make this a non award, they could offer a lifetime subscription to the winner. Hopefully Grundy gets something more substantial for taking out the award.

One thing that has struck me this year is the disconnect between the old and the new.

Old: "Ruckman are big and dumb and slow"

New: Grundy is a midfielder, a contested marker and kicks goals on the run! He is also a deep thinker and a gentle guy. Not dissimilar to NicNat who has set up a GoFundMe to help a sick kid (https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/07/26/nic-naitanui-sets-up-go-fund-me-to-help-sick-child/) and Mason who is an absolute beauty.

Midget midfielders are now sooooooo 2005 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back