Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steadfast on 7 years!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The rumoured Crows offer put his market value at significantly north of $1M. I'd have thought he signed for significantly south of $1M to get that 7 year concession. Not inconceivable that's a TPP saving of $700k or more across the life of his deal. Sounds like a negotiation rather than a ransom to me.

The rumoured Crows offer put his market value at significantly north of $1M. I'd have thought he signed for significantly south of $1M to get that 7 year concession. Not inconceivable that's a TPP saving of $700k or more across the life of his deal. Sounds like a negotiation rather than a ransom to me.

Is what it is! I do love him as a player and he is fantastic for the culture I’m sure. I just think human nature with such a long deal (comfort) you relax/not as hungry!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My only issue is the club were held to ransom with his contract demands (much like cloke did back in 2012)
We could have said no. Or even said 5 years at $700.
We allowed this to happen by letting him dictate terms, instead of wishing him well elsewhere.

No team pays super star money for a ruckman. That's reserved for exceptional match winners. Grundy is any exceptional ruckman, but not a match winner in my mind.

We could have said no. Or even said 5 years at $700.
We allowed this to happen by letting him dictate terms, instead of wishing him well elsewhere.

No team pays super star money for a ruckman. That's reserved for exceptional match winners. Grundy is any exceptional ruckman, but not a match winner in my mind.
Guys like NicNat and Gawn have both at separate stages been rumoured to be on $800k+, and guys like Witts, Lycett and Lobb have all made some pretty serious money recently too. Grundy getting $900k or so isn't the weird unique instance people say it is. The length is what makes it unique

I don't recall Plugger, Ablett or Bernie Quinlan winning too many premiership medallions. I recall the Madden brothers wearing way too bloody many.
I recall the Hawthorn juggernaut continuing after Buddy left. I recall us going to Port without any chance because Buckley and Burns were out and I recall us coming home with a glorious win. History shows us that it's a team game and teams overcome the presence or absence of great players all the time - regardless of their position. Your little anecdotes don't show anything clearly at all.
A good key forward will always trump a good ruckman when it comes to the value they add to a team. I'd back Cameron and Lynch to be as effective as Grundy has been whereas replacing a hardworking CHF like Mihocek would be far tougher and his absence would leave a bigger hole and he is in no way a top level key forward.

I agree, and it can't be a coincidence that after that contract Cloke was never really the same again and either is grundy so far, hopefully Grundy can get back to that steller form of a couple of years ago with a new coach

Except the first year into his new contract where he was AA centre half forward, recorded his best goal per game season average and led the league by a mile in contested marks and marks inside 50....

Except the first year into his new contract where he was AA centre half forward, recorded his best goal per game season average and led the league by a mile in contested marks and marks inside 50....

But who knows, if Grundy hadn't been injured he may well have been in contention for his 3rd AA this year.

Let's face it, it the whole club went down hill from 2014, largely because it was built to win flags in the 2010-2012 period and the MM legacy careful "chip around the boundary" style game plan (which Buckley had inherited) was on its way out after Geelong demonstrated how to absolutely pick it apart on multiple occasions in 2011.

Fixed that one for you mate.

But who knows, if Grundy hadn't been injured he may well have been in contention for his 3rd AA this year.

Even though he's out injured, is still leading our contested possessions and tackles, second in clearances. He is the most unfairly maligned footballer I have ever seen. Brodie Grundy is a beast of a footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though he's out injured, is still leading our contested possessions and tackles, second in clearances. He is the most unfairly maligned footballer I have ever seen. Brodie Grundy is a beast of a footballer.

Yep, I'd still have him easily in the AA 40 man squad YTD, just a question on whether a couple of missed games count against him for the final team.

Yep, I'd still have him easily in the AA 40 man squad YTD, just a question on whether a couple of missed games count against him for the final team.

Will probably miss but Pies players are always harshly judged, always seems to be a reason why...

I can't wait to see him next year with a new coach, clearly didn't seem happy under Buck's. I feel like he was stifled by our plans a lot of the time.

Will probably miss but Pies players are always harshly judged, always seems to be a reason why...

I can't wait to see him next year with a new coach, clearly didn't seem happy under Buck's. I feel like he was stifled by our plans a lot of the time.

Yeah, probably come down to Grundy or Nic Nat for that 2nd ruck position and will no doubt get moist over Nic Nat.

Vicky Park We have a situation here that requires your urgent and immediate attention for triage and assessment.

A. I like it
B. Moore has a new career option if he wants it
C. Brodie is letting the world know he’s up for something different
D. It’s Bucks fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back