Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A decent contract?

650K would be a more than decent contract. One million a year is a little beyond decent.

When you hold the club over a barrel in order to extract the big bucks you have to perform or you deserve the heat that comes your way. He didn't have to hold us to such a long term and high paying contract, but he chose to do so. So be it. So now it's up to him to live up to the money he is on and he has failed to do so. Someone on a million a year should be a matchwinner. When was the last time Grundy won a game for us or turned the tide when all looked lost? He was terrible today. He is a dumb footballer. For years I have watched him take a mark and refuse to get back quickly from the mark. He inevitably goes short and turns it over or handballs to players in poor positions. What was he thinking when he took that one handed intercept mark and then threw it to Sidebottom as he slid along the ground? It cost us a goal. He plays on when opposition players are breathing down his neck and for all the effort he gives to his ruckwork he was badly beaten today. It hurts to think his contract is one of the reasons we had to chop Treloar.

I have no sympathy for the bloke. He made his bed so he can lie in it.
A very nice expensive bed I bet.

I think Grundy would be the first to put his hand up that his form has been poor. His strength was always his endurance ala running his opponents into the ground 2018 & 19. Fell off a cliff in the hub and hasn't been the same since. Wonder if he is carrying an injury or simply not putting in the hard yards at training?
I'd say his competition has gotten stronger, most AFL clubs have capable rucks that can hold their own against Grundy these days.

I think Grundy would be the first to put his hand up that his form has been poor. His strength was always his endurance ala running his opponents into the ground 2018 & 19. Fell off a cliff in the hub and hasn't been the same since. Wonder if he is carrying an injury or simply not putting in the hard yards at training?

Something is not Right with Grundy as I agree he Form has dropped off quite badly but why?

I don't buy that 100% of the Reason is because of the Big Contract

Hope Wright and the new coach address this contract as soon as conceivably possible.

Where have all you rose coloured glasses Grundy lovers gone? said it the time we agreed to his ridiculous contract demands he is not worth it , got told on here by most that I was wrong , since the time we got sucked into his ludicrous demands of his self worth and importance, and since signing that golden deal of highway robbery,he stated, " my career shall not be defined by a premiership" Say What Brodie,! guess your right, it will not be defined by a premiership, your career shall be defined as a greedy overpaid, over rated ruckman, said it then , say it again, Ruckmen are not worth that coin , let alone Grundy, hence why we are where we are, unable to trade in for that big power forward we desperately need

Where have all you rose coloured glasses Grundy lovers gone? said it the time we agreed to his ridiculous contract demands he is not worth it , got told on here by most that I was wrong , since the time we got sucked into his ludicrous demands of his self worth and importance, and since signing that golden deal of highway robbery,he stated, " my career shall not be defined by a premiership" Say What Brodie,! guess your right, it will not be defined by a premiership, your career shall be defined as a greedy overpaid, over rated ruckman, said it then , say it again, Ruckmen are not worth that coin , let alone Grundy, hence why we are where we are, unable to trade in for that big power forward we desperately need

I told everyone to listen to your valuable opinion. Ignore his ghastly grammar, I said, this is a guy who knows what he's talking about.

I'd like credit for being right in telling people to heed your words.

The reason we can't trade in a big key power forward are because a) they wouldn't really want to come, and b) we don't have any trade chips.

I was thinking about this last night, I think there are probably only 2, maybe three players that could bring us a first round draft pick in a trade - Moore (probably 2 first rounders), De Goey, and maybe Crisp (a late first rounder). I don't think there is anyone else in the team that would command that price. Grundy would normally except for the length and size of his contract. Adams, possibly.

A decent contract?

650K would be a more than decent contract. One million a year is a little beyond decent.

When you hold the club over a barrel in order to extract the big bucks you have to perform or you deserve the heat that comes your way. He didn't have to hold us to such a long term and high paying contract, but he chose to do so. So be it. So now it's up to him to live up to the money he is on and he has failed to do so. Someone on a million a year should be a matchwinner. When was the last time Grundy won a game for us or turned the tide when all looked lost? He was terrible today. He is a dumb footballer. For years I have watched him take a mark and refuse to get back quickly from the mark. He inevitably goes short and turns it over or handballs to players in poor positions. What was he thinking when he took that one handed intercept mark and then threw it to Sidebottom as he slid along the ground? It cost us a goal. He plays on when opposition players are breathing down his neck and for all the effort he gives to his ruckwork he was badly beaten today. It hurts to think his contract is one of the reasons we had to chop Treloar.

I have no sympathy for the bloke. He made his bed so he can lie in it.
In regard to the intercept mark. It was clearly touched and Grundy knew that, hence the handball. Yes, he should have played to the whistle.

The resulting goal was a clear umpire error.

I love the notion on here from clueless BigFooty *******s that it was Grundy who personally negotiated this deal, or as they'd write it, Grundy going mafioso on our list management, and not his representation negotiating with the club.

Cry more.
So you're saying Grundy had no input into his demands for the contract? Pretty sure 7 years was a non negotiable directive that came from Grundy. No need to call people ****heads, if you don't like BF, the just go

I love the notion on here from clueless BigFooty *******s that it was Grundy who personally negotiated this deal, or as they'd write it, Grundy going mafioso on our list management, and not his representation negotiating with the club.

Cry more.

Club was then Stupid enough to Crack so Quickly

Because that Idiot Guy and Eddie the Dictator gave it to him
Grundy demanded his deal or he was walking. He didn't care that it would mean others having to leave/take pay cuts to fit him in. It weas all about Grundy, no two ways about it.

Korda is the financial head of Board and approved the deal. It's on Korda as much as it's on Ned Guy or Ed....and this is the brilliant new President to take us forward..hahahahahahahaaa.

Something is not Right with Grundy as I agree he Form has dropped off quite badly but why?

It's because he needs to get himself through 7 years to ensure he gets all that cashola. Greedy pig has stuffed us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another thing I have noticed besides being targeted with 2 big bash and crash ruckman.

Eagles Figured that out and Big Reason why we lost the 2018 Grand Final

Grundy seems to become reactive and not proactive.

Does he hate Contact or is he Badly Lacking Confidence or Both?

Grundy doesn't have a leap. His legs are built for endurance and not for powerful bursts. This is why he consistently gets beaten in center bounces. He dominates at rucking around the ground because opposition ruckmen can't outjump him. He can train his legs to be more fast twitch oriented and improve his leap and speed burst but it will be at the cost of his endurance. Nic Nat is exact opposite. He is predominantly fast twitch which is why he has superior leap and burst of speed, but he can't ruck all day because he doesn't have the endurance.

Grundy form in 2018, 19 and end of 17 was absolutely worth that money. Sadly not today. Unless Grundy rebuilds his endurance it will be a long 6 years of whining on this board… could also develop some forward craft and average a goal a game but doubtful

I'm sure he'll come out with some excuse again.

Probably shouldn't have asked such a big contract if he can't back it up.

Grundy is mildly ok around the ground but near useless at centre bounces, his timing of his leaps to contest centre bounces is abysmal. The centre bounce contest is pivotal as its one of the few times you have minimal players around the contest so you can win clear ball often with a good set up

easy fix, don’t let him contest centre against opposition leading ruck, have Cameron do it and then swap position, Cameron drifts to his forward role while Grundy takes up the mobile ruck role.

Why this hasn’t even been tried over the past few years is mind boggling. Would release pressure on him and the side as we are not starting our attack from half back 2/3rds of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back