Buddy's regret

How would you characterise his decision?

• Understandable at the time

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • One that would lead to regrets

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • An unmitigated disaster

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • A nightmare from which he cannot leave

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Should have gone to GWS and married Jessinta

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

But what is the worth of 2 premierships over an extra 6 million dollars, a better lifestyle for yourself and your gf and arguably Buddy would be getting great sponsor deals because he would be the most recognized player as well as getting great after footy connections in the biggest city in the country.

Buddy has set himself up for life and is probably happier at Sydney then being at hawthorn.

I don't think Buddy regrets his decision nor should he.
I was more arguing with the bloke who said "players don't care about premierships" as a matter of fact.

Losing the Grand final would hurt, but i think him living in Sydney probably helps his happiness levels by not being the biggest thing in town.
Good thing his public profile is lower. I'd need people to back off if I was a proud competitive man wanting flags but without success. So in a way being in Sydney is better. Still think he could have got one or maybe more at GWS though. Flags, Jessinta, lower public profile AND $.

What
T
F
was he thinking?

Good thing his public profile is lower. I'd need people to back off if I was a proud competitive man wanting flags but without success. So in a way being in Sydney is better. Still think he could have got one or maybe more at GWS though. Flags, Jessinta, lower public profile AND $.

What
T
F
was he thinking?

Success is also about finding balance, it's difficult to have all things in life working out 100%.

I think I'd prefer to sit on the bottom than be perennially talked up as being in the greatest team ever with the greatest culture of all time and then realise thats it's actually all bullshit and all I wanted was flags

I mean he craves premierships? He probably wants them more than your average player. He almost expects them

2 is double more than the average player. Swans have never been called the greatest team ever lol

The only grand final you'd argue they should of won was against bulldogs and get some real umpires and they more than likely would have. Bud won't be crying in retirement I can guarantee that

Buds done well for Swans in all aspects. Well worth the cost.

The question is for longmire and the team in general - have they under achieved? No excuses next year about less off season prep or whatever it was. Their team warrants a 2nd flag and it will be wtf happened if they dont get it.

Buds done well for Swans in all aspects. Well worth the cost.

The question is for longmire and the team in general - have they under achieved? No excuses next year about less off season prep or whatever it was. Their team warrants a 2nd flag and it will be wtf happened if they dont get it.
You're speaking my language

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darren Jarman in 97 ;)
Hodgey in 08 and 14 ;)
Mitch Morton in 2012 :( :p
Hawkins or Bartel in 2011

Hodge in 08? Yeah good luck without Dew dominating in that third quarter. None of them players won it off their own back except for Jarman but even then it's one massive quarter or impressive games not doing everything. Buddy kicked 4 when they got thumped by hawks, can't do much more than that and got injured almost immediately last year so we don't know how much that hampered him. Swans wouldn't even of made the last 2 grand finals they have without him but come the final day the whole team needs to put in to win

He had enough clout to get exactly what he wanted. If anyone could get 100% it's Buddy - except in relation to his decision making I spose. The Swans? I mean - come on!

Escaped the bubble of Melbourne. That's why they go to Sydney.

I would trade those 2 coleman medals and 3 all Australians (meaningless awards) for 5 premierships.

Fact is Buddy has failed to deliver Sydney premiership success.
This is what I don't get. Buddy is almost yelling this from the roof of his Bondi Mansion and yet we have a large number of regret deniers in this thread.
Escaped the bubble of Melbourne. That's why they go to Sydney.
The bubble of Melbourne is filled with flags

Polled pretty well in the Brownlow. But with JK3 polling well you'd think that he might have actually won a Brownlow at another team. Another regret?

2008: 113 goals - 88 behinds = 20 Brownlow votes
2017: 73 goals - 60 behinds = 21 Brownlow votes

:drunk:

It's as if the Brownlow voting isn't based on goal tally?

Hodge in 08? Yeah good luck without Dew dominating in that third quarter. None of them players won it off their own back except for Jarman but even then it's one massive quarter or impressive games not doing everything. Buddy kicked 4 when they got thumped by hawks, can't do much more than that and got injured almost immediately last year so we don't know how much that hampered him. Swans wouldn't even of made the last 2 grand finals they have without him but come the final day the whole team needs to put in to win
Jarman was so good McLeod won the Norm Smith.

It's as if the Brownlow voting isn't based on goal tally?

Of course it's not, however he was robbed in 2008 regardless. Cooney had a great season don't get me wrong, and I know there was a ton of GAJ love, but Buddy was on his own level that year and should have won the Brownlow.

Of course it's not, however he was robbed in 2008 regardless. Cooney had a great season don't get me wrong, and I know there was a ton of GAJ love, but Buddy was on his own level that year and should have won the Brownlow.
He plays for Hawthorn. Like Ryan
Burton.

Maybe that's why he left - knowing that the anti-Hawthorn award robbers would treat him more fairly at another club

Nothing beats a flag though and he CRAVES flags

Back