Bulldogs CEO David Stevenson resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong with Gordon being hands on, there's a lot happening at the Dogs and he's directing it.

But there does need to be an endgame for him and the club otherwise either things will get stale or he'll become too big for the club.

This Stevenson bloke had 20 years at Nike which is impressive and obviously it's a massive company. Otherwise though he didn't seem to have a heap of experience. It's always hard for AFL clubs to find executives with the right mix of outside industry experience, time in the AFL or sports industry and the right qualifications.

If I were a Bulldogs fan I wouldn't be too worried but I'd like to know why Stevenson quit - and if it was to do with bad practices or just personalities. Then I'd like some reassurance from Peter Gordon about the long term plan.

Everything wrong with The President being 'hands-on'
Not his role to play king-pin. The board (President included) have a CEO to channel things through.

Get board members involved in everyday matters and issues will come about.

Everything wrong with The President being 'hands-on'
Not his role to play king-pin. The board (President included) have a CEO to channel things through.

Get board members involved in everyday matters and issues will come about.
On every day matters or the footy department sure.

But if it's something like the Ballarat deal or the failed Edgewater development then they are major projects that require someone like Gordon to lead them.

The big deals that have changed clubs like Geelong (new stadium) and Hawthorn (Tassie) have involved some big hitters at board level being hands on.

But if it's something like the Ballarat deal or the failed Edgewater development then they are major projects that require someone like Gordon to lead them.
The big deals that have changed clubs like Geelong (new stadium) and Hawthorn (Tassie) have involved some big hitters at board level being hands on.

That's probably right but you wonder where the Stevenson/Gordon relationship broke down.

It wouldn't have/shouldn't have, been through a clear understanding of roles.
Someone may have stepped into another persons space....that's when things get testy.

Football Presidents have always had a way over over-stepping their mark and maybe always will. It's just not healthy, though.

.... stable admin is the cornerstone of a successful club, how often have the Cats & the Hawks changed CEOs, not often.

Some have, many don't. For every Maguire, Gordon and Brayshaw in the AFL, you have 2/3 that are largely anonymous.
Eagles' board has been the same for what, 15 years? I know Nisbett has been there for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles' board has been the same for what, 15 years? I know Nisbett has been there for a while
Nisbett has been CEO since 1999 and on the board since 2003. He was our football manager from 1989 to 1999.

In terms of chairmen, in modern times we've had;
Alan Cransberg 2011 - current
Mark Barnaba 2008 - 2010
Dalton Gooding 2003 - 2007

So obviously pretty stable and low key.

Been a change or two in chairman, Alan Cransberg took over from Mark Barnaba in 2010 who took over from Dalton Gooding in 2007.

The wisdom of keeping Trevor Nisbett through troubled times is there for all to see.

North fans making fun of a club in debt

LOL

2 north posters, prior to me posting, in this thread, neither talked about debt. Other than the facts, your post was spot on.

Anyway, disappointing news for the Dogs. It is a distraction they probably don't need at the moment. CEO has a significant say in the running of the club from day to day, someone departing causes disruption, a lot of pressure on other management to step up. From what was reported this wasn't the decision of the CEO to leave but the Bulldogs board terminating his services.

It happens, our former CEO had a falling out with our chairman and comments he made about him to a third party leaked out and his position because untenable. s**t happens, you find someone else and move on, however, it is disappointing given the AFL helped the dogs to find/secure the services of Stevenson. You would hope that when a club asks the AFL for help that the AFL is capable of finding a good quality fit for the club.

No, you made the comment about "Western celebrating individuals"
And MOC pointed out your club worn a commemorative Guernsey numerous times for Boomer. Also worn one for Petrie's 300th game and will do so for Firrito. Your club celebrates individuals as much as anyone.

Cringeworthy stuff isn't it?
View attachment 269401

I agree it's a bit it's a bit cringeworthy, but only cos I'm a deviant and when I see DP, Drew Petrie isn't the first thing that comes to mind. I much prefer this one, worn nicely by Andrew Swallow commemorating the 1996 Premiership team a few weeks back. Only $129.99, if you're interested. Maybe you guys could wear replica tops to celebrate(thanks BRBW) your 2010 NAB cup win.

56840-north-melbourne-kangaroos-1996-commemorative-guernsey-presale-2000.jpg

Guess we all can't have a bazillion members like the Tigers.
Because we all know that's the number that means the most to you guys down at Punt Rd.
It is when they all have to buy a microwave from the store you also own :)

I agree it's a bit it's a bit cringeworthy, but only cos I'm a deviant and when I see DP, Drew Petrie isn't the first thing that comes to mind. I much prefer this one, worn nicely by Andrew Swallow commemorating the 1996 Premiership team a few weeks back. Only $129.99, if you're interested. Maybe you guys could wear replica tops to celebrate(thanks BRBW) your 2010 NAB cup win.

You had over two hours to think of something, and this was the best you could come up with? I'm not a fan of that Gold trim at all. Just for the LOL's you should bring out your new orange for a Guernsey. Maybe put it on your next Guernsey that your club creates next month that can commemorate Lindsay Thomas on smashing the record for most dives in a season.

Nisbett has been CEO since 1999 and on the board since 2003. He was our football manager from 1989 to 1999.

In terms of chairmen, in modern times we've had;
Alan Cransberg 2011 - current
Mark Barnaba 2008 - 2010
Dalton Gooding 2003 - 2007

So obviously pretty stable and low key.

West Coast Chairman is a pretty anonymous position.

A few people have heard of Barnaba/Gooding because they were around during the drug saga but Nisbett is the main man.

You're argument is so stupid. So north celebrated team success once it's ok to celebrate individual success the other times.

How about the Bulldogs changing their entire Guernsey to reflect the same as their premiership one? Guess that isn't seen as celebrating because it wasn't a one-off cash grab.

The whole premise of your troll is as mediocre as the whole 3DP concept

Remove this Banner Ad

Back