Carlton Supporters and The AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

This decision has shown once again that Carlton supporters whinge when being made to play within the rules. The reactions to the Greg Williams tribunal fiasco

You know Carlton spent 500k on taking that to court and that is the reason why we can not appeal, Carlton also took the AFL to court to get Every AFL club a fair shake of money earned from the internet. Carlton was going to take the AFL to court if they sold the TV rights again for such a low price and that cost us 250k. You live under the blanket of the freedom Carlton and Carlton alone fought for and spent it's own money on to thrive like you do today. Did the Club ask for thanks, no they did not.

According to one Bloos poster North are the AFL's love child, hence them going hard on Judd.

Yep, gotta love all those Friday night and Saturday night home games on free to air TV against Victorian opposition. Thanks for the leg up AFL.

Calrton supporters have really tarnished their reputations even further lately. Accept it and move on.

What I find most amusing is that they whinge and whine about the way the AFL is out to screw them. What nonsense. Without AFL assistance, there is a good chance Carlton would cease to exist as we know them today. They even gave you multpile extensions on your loans.

Do you really think the club would go under?? Forget that we have 3 billionaires and another 20 odd that are worth well over 100 mill. If any club was to faultier the supporter base would chip in and raise millions upon millions to save the club they love. I put money into the the doggies when they were down also the same for the tigers. No way in hell would i let the Tigers fold who that would only leave me with 2 other clubs to hate.

Do you really think the club would go under?? Forget that we have 3 billionaires and another 20 odd that are worth well over 100 mill. If any club was to faultier the supporter base would chip in and raise millions upon millions to save the club they love. I put money into the the doggies when they were down also the same for the tigers. No way in hell would i let the Tigers fold who that would only leave me with 2 other clubs to hate.

Dennis Pagan said the other day on Open Mike, that a lot of people don't realise who close to Carlton were to folding. He said, it easily could have happened and at one point looked more than likely to happen. No offence, but I would trust what Dennis Pagan has to say on the matter over you.

According to one Bloos poster North are the AFL's love child, hence them going hard on Judd.

Yep, gotta love all those Friday night and Saturday night home games on free to air TV against Victorian opposition. Thanks for the leg up AFL.

Get a crowd or a TV audience and you will get more Friday matches. The AFL do not have a love child they have a want to make money. Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, tigers draw people to the TV and thru the gates. So they give us the best time slots, But the 4 teams also have to put up with the block buster affect even when any of the 4 teams are shit the other playing them has to come extra hard because it is one of the only time they have shine on a big stage.

Its not Carlton's fault that North Melbourne are about as popular as Julia Gillard. They've been among the worst supported clubs in the comp for as long as I can remember. Even during the Carey/Pagan golden era, they struggled to put bums on seats.

this time it's 'the free count was even, the umpiring must be ok', when normally it's 'just because the count is lopsided, doesn't mean the umpiring wasn't fair'. umpiring consensus on the nth - carlton game extends beyond this thread, i think you'll find.

Find me 1 AFL journalist or expert (sorry bf does not count) that noted the one sided umpiring on Friday night.

There has been 15 articles that I have read on the game and not once were poor umpiring mentioned.

Get a crowd or a TV audience and you will get more Friday matches. The AFL do not have a love child they have a want to make money. Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, tigers draw people to the TV and thru the gates. So they give us the best time slots, But the 4 teams also have to put up with the block buster affect even when any of the 4 teams are shit the other playing them has to come extra hard because it is one of the only time they have shine on a big stage.
Its not Carlton's fault that North Melbourne are about as popular as Julia Gillard. They've been among the worst supported clubs in the comp for as long as I can remember. Even during the Carey/Pagan golden era, they struggled to put bums on seats.
I'm not having a bitch, just showing the length at which one of your own will go to to justify the AFL's actions in suspending a bloke who dislocated another blokes shoulder. But yeah, play the man, not the ball again blueboys.

Carlton board is a ****ing laugh.

I called the Club to say that as a member I hope they appeal.

The lady I spoke to said that that was unlikely because they were scared that he would be given more weeks, so we would just cop it.

I replied that we always just cop it.

"That's Carlton" was her reply. What a damning indictment.

Does seem rather gutless on face value, I dont for the life of me know why anyone would plead any guilt whatsoever for an act that is not prohibited by the rules. But, we dont know the whole of it, so although I am disappointed I have to cop it too.

Calrton supporters have really tarnished their reputations even further lately. Accept it and move on.

What I find most amusing is that they whinge and whine about the way the AFL is out to screw them. What nonsense. Without AFL assistance, there is a good chance Carlton would cease to exist as we know them today. They even gave you multpile extensions on your loans.

Good post, all these sensible level-headed posters can really see how terribly carlton has acted. Shame on u carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dennis Pagan said the other day on Open Mike, that a lot of people don't realise who close to Carlton were to folding. He said, it easily could have happened and at one point looked more than likely to happen. No offence, but I would trust what Dennis Pagan has to say on the matter over you.

Yeah, I clearly remember back in 2003 reading an article in the paper and thinking that I might have to find myself another team to follow. There was a clear indication by those in the know back then that the Blues were in serious jeoprady. During the period 2002 -07, Carlton were every bit as dysfunctional off the field as they were on it - and that's really saying something

What i am saying is that if we were going to fold they club would bring out the tins and the supporters if not just our club but so many more would dip in. People have always been great to help a team down on its luck. Do you remember in the 80's Carlton gave a short term loan to Collingwood because they could not make ends meet. Or when Carlton sold the shares back to NTh for under what they had been offered to help NTH. Eddie calling for sponsors for Carlton when we were on out knees and getting us on the Footy show and telling the sponsors they would get air time on the footy show.He did the same for Melbourne this year, Jack and Eddie use to go and talk at a lot of Doggies and NTh functions to raise money for them. The Hawk supporters stood up when there team was almost gone. The AFL community will do everything they can to save there own.

That perception, that a) every club (according to one rival bunch of supporters or another) are 'lovechilds'; and b) every club (according to their own supporters) are unfairly persecuted; is the best pointer overall that the AFL is reasonably fair-handed.

They're not perfect (no administration is), but they **** every club, and give every club a reacharound, just about the same amount.

Every team has flogs who will defend anything. Carlton certainly has quite a few supporters whose opinions I do not share in the slightest. I'm not sure why it's necessary to discuss a team's supporters as if they're all one entity with all the same opinions.

That perception, that a) every club (according to one rival bunch of supporters or another) are 'lovechilds'; and b) every club (according to their own supporters) are unfairly persecuted; is the best pointer overall that the AFL is reasonably fair-handed.

They're not perfect (no administration is), but they **** every club, and give every club a reacharound, just about the same amount.
Nothing beats a reacharound

Find me 1 AFL journalist or expert (sorry bf does not count) that noted the one sided umpiring on Friday night.

There has been 15 articles that I have read on the game and not once were poor umpiring mentioned.

lol. you decide to shift the goalposts once you read the gameday thread huh? you point to consensus in this thread, and then go on to tell me that bigfooty consensus doesn't matter?

it's ok, i already said north won in spite of the umpires. but the umpiring was shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back