Carlton Supporters and The AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but it helps if you open the other eye:thumbsu:

I will admit that I am slightly partial when it comes to following football, and I don't mind North Melbourne as a club, however I can't fathom that any neutral could have possibly watched that game and not come out with the conclusion that the umpiring was extremely poor and biased against the Carlton side.

And I can think of 10 more occassions where a free kick was given to North for nothing of the sort.

We lead be 66 points at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter. You were clearly out played by the better team. You need to move on and focus on 2013.

I will admit that I am slightly partial when it comes to following football, and I don't mind North Melbourne as a club, however I can't fathom that any neutral could have possibly watched that game and not come out with the conclusion that the umpiring was extremely poor and biased against the Carlton side.

How many times have you watched the game with the emotion out of it?

The reason why neutrals are calling it a fair game is because you are biased and want to blame the umpires instead of your players.

We lead be 66 points at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter. You were clearly out played by the better team. You need to move on and focus on 2013.

No one here has denied that North Melbourne a. Played the better football and b. Carlton were poor skillwise, structurally all over the place and wracked by injury however the umpiring as has been the case time and time again was not fair towards Carlton.

In your opinion - I watched the game again last night - your team plays undisplined man first football. 7 goals from frees - 5 were there - 1 was not and 1 was 50/50. Show me 1 article backing up your claim that the Roos were heavily favoured. My tip is your bias.

But we kicked 24 goals to 14 - so who are to blame for the other 17? Boundary and Goal umpires?

Early on, when the game was in the balance, Carlton got reemed by the umps, every time Petrie went near it he got a free and kicked truly. By the end of the quarter North were never going to lose. Sure the umpires did not effect the result, and North were always the better side and going to win, but they helped put Carlton to the sword early on and they never recovered. If you can't see that the umps gave you an early leg up, you are the one that needs to remove the blinkers.

:thumbsu:
A one eyed North supporter calling for a one eyed carlton supporter to open their eyes.

Oh this makes me smile
Hi FlowersByIrene. Nice Name. Any Pansies?
Not sure how you know from what I have posted that I am one eyed. I for one think I am generally quite open when it comes to the football, and I often question many decisions from both sides (I actually started a thread after the Nth WC game questioing the level of umpiring from both sides.) I have also stated that there were a number of questionable decisions on Friday night from both sides. However I don't then rant on about the AFL and every other club having a vendetta against us every week. Plus the posts by Carlton supporters throughout this whole Judd incident just leaves me speechless.

But take whatever you want from it and come to your own conclusions.

No one here has denied that North Melbourne a. Played the better football and b. Carlton were poor skillwise, structurally all over the place and wracked by injury however the umpiring as has been the case time and time again was not fair towards Carlton.

But if the umpires did not affect the end result - why all the tears?

You do not get it any harder than any other team in the AFL. It just seems worse when you are losing - whcih you are now doing a lot......

I don't understand your point on the WCE v Carlton game?
Elaborate??
Simply that many Carlton fans are now arguing that free kick counts don't tell the whole story, because the count was even against North, but the free kick count apparently did tell the story against West Coast because the mere fact we had more was seen as evidence of cheating.

Personally, I am over the umpires being used as an excuse for any game. It has been pretty bad across the board, both in terms of frees paid and frees not paid, as well as bewildering interpretations. But I would be hard pressed to find a game where the better team lost because of the umpiring. Whichever team you follow, you are probably about where you belong on the ladder this week based on the way you have been playing.

What i am saying is that if we were going to fold they club would bring out the tins and the supporters if not just our club but so many more would dip in. People have always been great to help a team down on its luck. Do you remember in the 80's Carlton gave a short term loan to Collingwood because they could not make ends meet. Or when Carlton sold the shares back to NTh for under what they had been offered to help NTH. Eddie calling for sponsors for Carlton when we were on out knees and getting us on the Footy show and telling the sponsors they would get air time on the footy show.He did the same for Melbourne this year, Jack and Eddie use to go and talk at a lot of Doggies and NTh functions to raise money for them. The Hawk supporters stood up when there team was almost gone. The AFL community will do everything they can to save there own.
Thats rubbish.

Carlton did not sell the NMFC shares to the club to help them out at all!! The shares owned by the CFC were bought directly by North supporter John Magowan from the CFC after John "Pigs arse" Elliott stated after the 1999 GF, that Carlton had actually won the 99 GF due to them holding 19% of the NMFC. Magowan approached Elliott how much was it to buy the shares out from the CFC; J.Magowan bought them and then handed these shares to the club to on sell to North supporters who joined the then new Vice-Presidents Coterie club.

:thumbsu: Hi FlowersByIrene. Nice Name. Any Pansies?
Not sure how you know from what I have posted that I am one eyed. I for one think I am generally quite open when it comes to the football, and I often question many decisions from both sides (I actually started a thread after the Nth WC game questioing the level of umpiring from both sides.) I have also stated that there were a number of questionable decisions on Friday night from both sides. However I don't then rant on about the AFL and every other club having a vendetta against us every week. Plus the posts by Carlton supporters throughout this whole Judd incident just leaves me speechless.

But take whatever you want from it and come to your own conclusions.
Im sorry but being one eyed is a part of supporting your club, its about putting your entire heart into the game and wanting with every ounce of soul for you team to do well.
I couldnt imagine not being one eyed towards carlton - if i werent i dont think i could classify my self as a supporter of them. And i can't imagine the same for others

Im sorry but being one eyed is a part of supporting your club, its about putting your entire heart into the game and wanting with every ounce of soul for you team to do well.
I couldnt imagine not being one eyed towards carlton - if i werent i dont think i could classify my self as a supporter of them. And i can't imagine the same for others
Babow. Incorrect answer there - would you like to continue to play on for the booby prize?
Passion towards your team and being one eyed are mutually exclusive.
Passionate means following your team passionately, following the game passionately and understanding the game, the culture and the rules.
One eyed is simply seeing one side of the game - which means that you are not a true football supporter.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early on, when the game was in the balance, Carlton got reemed by the umps, every time Petrie went near it he got a free and kicked truly. By the end of the quarter North were never going to lose. Sure the umpires did not effect the result, and North were always the better side and going to win, but they helped put Carlton to the sword early on and they never recovered. If you can't see that the umps gave you an early leg up, you are the one that needs to remove the blinkers.

Petrie kicked 4 1st quarter goals - 3 were from marks and 1 from a free kick. You sure he got a free every time he went near it? Or did it just seem that way because he was pulling Jamison's pants down?

Again - 4 goals - 3 marks. Every time?

Simply that many Carlton fans are now arguing that free kick counts don't tell the whole story, because the count was even against North, but the free kick count apparently did tell the story against West Coast because the mere fact we had more was seen as evidence of cheating.

Personally, I am over the umpires being used as an excuse for any game. It has been pretty bad across the board, both in terms of frees paid and frees not paid, as well as bewildering interpretations. But I would be hard pressed to find a game where the better team lost because of the umpiring. Whichever team you follow, you are probably about where you belong on the ladder this week based on the way you have been playing.
I don't think any one ever talked about the "count" of free kicks it doesnt matter if its 21-23 or 15-18, i matters how fair those free kicks are and where they are, and if they are given in return to the other team.
Also its pretty clear in the AFL that th umpires get guilty and try and even up the count.
The amount of times youve seen a team be 7-1 up in the free kick count at quater time and come out in the second quater and a bunch of soft holding the balls are given in the middle of the ground with no consequence. I'm a cricket umpire, we get guilty and as much as we don't like it, it may affect further desicions slightly

:thumbsu:
Petrie kicked 4 1st quarter goals - 3 were from marks and 1 from a free kick. You sure he got a free every time he went near it? Or did it just seem that way because he was pulling Jamison's pants down?

Be fair - he did also get a 50m penalty, which wasn't really warranted if you ask Carlton supporters (but funnily enough did warrant a report).

Outside of the Collingwood game which was relatively fairly umpired, Carlton have been utterly pillaged by the umpiring over the past 6 weeks, the low point being the litany of war crimes dished up against the Carlton team against West Coast in Perth a few weeks ago. The blatant cheating coupled with the pathetic fixturing which gave West Coast an extra week to prepare for a home game against the Blues and their short 6 day break cost the club 4 premiership points. Consider the non free kick to Andrew Walker in the dying seconds of the semi final against the same opposition at the same venue last season and it isn't hard to establish that there are dark forces at play. Any football supporter that cannot acknowledge the absolute criminality of the umpiring against the Carlton team over the past few rounds is obviously blinded by their hatred and jealousy of the Carlton Football Club.
Did you just suggest that the only well-umpired game you have had recently was the one you won?

Well, gee, I wonder why the umpiring seemed better for you there...

Thats rubbish.

Carlton did not sell the NMFC shares to the club to help them out at all!! The shares owned by the CFC were bought directly by North supporter John Magowan from the CFC after John "Pigs arse" Elliott stated after the 1999 GF, that Carlton had actually won the 99 GF due to them holding 19% of the NMFC. Magowan approached Elliott how much was it to buy the shares out from the CFC; J.Magowan bought them and then handed these shares to the club to on sell to North supporters who joined the then new Vice-Presidents Coterie club.

He sold them back at a far less price than he had been offered and NTH new Jack was just taking the piss. He did the deal after it was found that the shares would go back to club. He did the right thing and i suggest you should be thankful for it. He did not have to sell them back we had just made 1.4million from selling CSC and could have made 600k from the sale of the NTh shares but we sold them back for around the 200k mark.

Babow. Incorrect answer there - would you like to continue to play on for the booby prize?
Passion towards your team and being one eyed are mutually exclusive.
Passionate means following your team passionately, following the game passionately and understanding the game, the culture and the rules.
One eyed is simply seeing one side of the game - which means that you are not a true football supporter.:thumbsu:
Haha, good one but you're wrong.
I do follow the game passionately, watch every single game most weekeneds, and know the rules exactly.
Obviously no one is one eyed enough to call for free kicks when they clearly arent there, although when you go to games there are some morons in the mob mentality who call for everything (cough* eagles supporters cough*) but on carlton games id say there is obviously a weighting to carltons side due to my support of the mighty blues but it's not 100% and i don't believe anyone is such a way.
But if you're watching the game with complete neutrality then you're not a supporter

Well when the marks are 45-50 metres out on a tight angle and they are then awarded 50 metre penalties they count as freebies to me. Certainly got looked after by the umps did Drew.

I hate Carlton more than any team, and I was sympathising with them on Friday night, so work that one out.

I don't think any one ever talked about the "count" of free kicks it doesnt matter if its 21-23 or 15-18, i matters how fair those free kicks are and where they are, and if they are given in return to the other team.
Also its pretty clear in the AFL that th umpires get guilty and try and even up the count.
The amount of times youve seen a team be 7-1 up in the free kick count at quater time and come out in the second quater and a bunch of soft holding the balls are given in the middle of the ground with no consequence. I'm a cricket umpire, we get guilty and as much as we don't like it, it may affect further desicions slightly
The 'count' has been mentioned after pretty much every West Coast game.

I agree that with pretty much everything you have said, but I also stand by my comment that I don't think any game has been won or lost by the umpiring. It's being trotted out as an excuse this year far more than before, possibly because of generally bad umpiring, squaring up uneven counts etc. Fans see a bad interpretation and think their team is getting screwed, but overall, it balances out this year just like in every year.

Haha, good one but you're wrong.
I do follow the game passionately, watch every single game most weekeneds, and know the rules exactly.
Obviously no one is one eyed enough to call for free kicks when they clearly arent there, although when you go to games there are some morons in the mob mentality who call for everything (cough* eagles supporters cough*) but on carlton games id say there is obviously a weighting to carltons side due to my support of the mighty blues but it's not 100% and i don't believe anyone is such a way.
But if you're watching the game with complete neutrality then you're not a supporter

You get 1 bad one early and then every 50/50 is met with howls of disapproval - and every time a free is given more boo's. You then have booed your way through a game and think how bad the umpires were. When the facts are they had little outcome on the result.

Well when the marks are 45-50 metres out on a tight angle and they are then awarded 50 metre penalties they count as freebies to me. Certainly got looked after by the umps did Drew.

I hate Carlton more than any team, and I was sympathising with them on Friday night, so work that one out.
Lost your marbles maybe?:thumbsu:

Jamsion was reported!! Every commentator said how bad jamsion's action was. Don't comment if you don't understand the game..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back