Autopsy Cats lose to Suns by 64 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no issues playing a game in Darwin. Same with Hobart or Launceston etc.
Everyone should be able to play everywhere.

Sure, but there is no integrity in the league. Why aren’t Collingwood, Essendon etc ever fixtured in Darwin or Tasmania? It has taken Richmond to drop down the ladder to be drawn to play KP for the first time in seven years. There is not even an attempt to aim for fairness.

Not sure how AFL fantasy points work but for fun

Jack Henry 20 lowest on the ground
Clark got 28 in just over a 1/4
Guthrie who we all stuck the boots into got 38

That just shows how bad J Henry actually was
I'm not sure what is up with Jack. He's better than this.

Happy for COS or Humphries to have a run

Biggest bright spots were Mullin and Conway. Mullin is playing like a legit midfielder now, finding his way to the footy and importantly not kicking so up and under Gaelic footy style like he used to. Conway's got a bit of crash and bash in the ruck, which I like.
Yeah I was impressed with Mullins kicking. He needs to be given more time on ball.

I'm not sure what is up with Jack. He's better than this.

Happy for COS or Humphries to have a run
It’s weird because we have literally rested players who look ok yet someone like him who isn’t moving freely and terribly out of form is still going.

Surely he gets managed against GWS

Sure, but there is no integrity in the league. Why aren’t Collingwood, Essendon etc ever fixtured in Darwin or Tasmania? It has taken Richmond to drop down the ladder to be drawn to play KP for the first time in seven years. There is not even an attempt to aim for fairness.
The AFL were banking on Geelong being irrelevant this year.

This exact same shit actually cost the Bulldogs a finals spot last year.

Is what it is, disappointing loss but move on. The team is still transitioning and contending. It’s not good conceding two 8 goal quarters in two weeks (plus a 7 goal quarter), so I can’t see us winning a flag playing like that.
Transitioning... Yes.
Contending... I highly doubt it.

7 - 0 was fools gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leading possession winners

Holmes 32
Miers 29
Dempsey 25
Bowes 21
Conway 21
Stewart 21
Parfitt 20
Like Adelaide did early and Essendon we have too much of a sameness in the MF - we need to mix it up like they both have. Maybe this will force the hand as we looked much better with Holmes and Miers going through the middle. And Mullin

It's a sad sad world when you're yelling at Atkins in your lounge room to kick the 100th point.
15.10 would get us a few wins up until now this year, CBF looking it up.

Suns too good, congratulations to the players, Hardwick sucking lemons looking old fartish.
We were 3 changes too many, played shite bar a few, simple as that.
Thrashing never happened when we played old though, get back to the pensioners pls.
Problem is the more we rely on the older guys the more it will hurt us long term, this isn't ideal but we're 7-3, just need to hold on until danger gets back and pray he doesn't get injured again and hope we can win it but it's not looking too good.

Hate the auto correct putting in heck/hecking for more expressive words/letters.
Makes us sound like aged Americans.

Think we deserve to say
****ing Darwin
****ing Umpires
Fukcing Score

EDIT: Yay got one, call me childish, it's the thrashing

Absolutely they won’t. I will be ok not to see Neale again for a fair while to be honest.
Neale did not have a great night, dropped some marks, etc. but I thought he gave us more than Hawkins usually does. At least he was mobile and kicked 2 nice goals, one a snap on the run. Happy to see Tomahawk play next week to break Joel's games record but then all bets are off.

Toby Conway.
25 hitouts.
21 disposals.
18 contested.
10 clearances.
Never stopped giving 100%.

He's gunna be a star ruck if we can keep his body right.
I expected him to drop off but he didn't. He needs to keep playing

Well over to you Scott. Don't much care about what happened after half time but again when the game was on the line we gave up multiple goals, and when we had chaces going inside 50 we butchered it.

Our ability to arrest their momentum and capitalise on ours has been terrible these last few weeks, which is inexcusable.
Yep over to you two time premiership and most winningest coach in AFL history.

About the only good thing tonight is that with 8 minutes left my $2 multi was dead and buried, but goals to Close, Ollie and Stengle got it up, and won $68. Yay mickey!

Simply put though we will struggle until we get some competitiveness in the midfield. We just can't get our hands on the ball enough, and are not that good at stopping other sides from doing it too. Something like 70 inside 50's, so our defence was swamped. At 7-3 there's still opportunity to regroup before the season gets out of hand, but I reckon the younger blokes need to be given a go. Seemed to work for the Suns anyway with their youngsters all doing well.

Get some speed in the team, and I'm just hoping at K.P we can at least turn up to play early in the match. But I'm not confident as GWS LOVE playing in Geelong and they have a powerful midfield group and a good ruckman. And any bets that despite a crappy season so far, Toby Greene will kick 4 or 5 against us.

Holmes has been our best player all year and received coaches' votes effectively every week off half-back but I think he's got to be a permanent midfielder from now on. The rebound plan was working a treat early days with him as the main weapon but the last few games whenever the ball goes in our D50 they're scoring with little/no chance to rebound. He's got pace and he can find the footy - with no Dangerfield it's exactly what we need in the middle.
Mullin to take the hbf role and move him in

It's a bit of a reality check for people. As well as we were doing, we've still been highly reliant on older players like Dangerfield, Hawkins, Cameron, Blicavs, Stewart, Tuohy, etc. Once those guys are gone, or start dropping form, it's exposing that youthful part of the side and they're being exposed. Some are standing up, others aren't, others will need more time. It's at least informative for us going forward - Parfitt has had his shot now and he was up when the team was rolling, and now fallen in a heap again when it hasn't been. His age and experience level he should be moved on. Atkins is heading towards that territory too.

I'd like to see guys like that given some time off and try to put some of the other new/young players more to the test. As we begin to traverse a true rebuild, we need to start cycling out the chaff/deadwood on the list by seeing who is standing up. As we get higher draft picks, it becomes unnecessary to keep low draft picks if they're not showing promise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back