Champions Trophy Tournament 2017, 1-18 June.

Remove this Banner Ad

its also a 15 a side game so I wouldn't read too much into how many runs a side makes.
I do think Pattinson can be sent back to county cricket. I doubt he will be used in this tournament.

its also a 15 a side game so I wouldn't read too much into how many runs a side makes.
I do think Pattinson can be sent back to county cricket. I doubt he will be used in this tournament.
There not all playing. Smith Starc Hastings resting for us while Hoff is only bowling

Finch making some much needed runs, he's lucky hes the only genuine bat for his spot.

Hope we bat Lynn at 3, Smith 4 in the real stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez some utterly abysmal batting by the Poms last night. They've impressed by racking up some monumental scores with this aggressive approach of late, but was cringeworthy watching them trying to slash their way through an excellent spell of tandem bowling from Rabada and Parnell. Absolutely inexcuseable to be six down within five overs of a match, regardless of format.

Has been working for them for a while, as it did for the Kiwis but when it comes unstuck the wheels really fall off. All well and good for the likes of Roy, Hales and Buttler to be slashing and slogging from the get-go, but need some discipline from quality around them like Root and Morgan who have no need to take those risks.

Bit of a shame we couldn't get another hitout before the tournament starts.
With Finch in good form it looks like he'll get the opening spot with Warner.

I'd like to see Lynn in the side but i'm not sure where he fits in now because i think they'll go Smith, Head & Maxwell in the middle order.
You could put him in the top 6 but that would make our bowling weaker.

I think they'll want an allrounder in the top 6 & Henriques might get the nod over Stoinis.
Starc, Cummins & Hazlewood are locks imo.
Hastings & Zampa for the last bowling spot.

Can see the team being:
D. Warner
A. Finch
S. Smith
M. Henriques
T. Head
G. Maxwell
M. Wade
P. Cummins
M. Starc
A. Zampa
J. Hazlewood

Bit of a shame we couldn't get another hitout before the tournament starts.
With Finch in good form it looks like he'll get the opening spot with Warner.

I'd like to see Lynn in the side but i'm not sure where he fits in now because i think they'll go Smith, Head & Maxwell in the middle order.
You could put him in the top 6 but that would make our bowling weaker.

I think they'll want an allrounder in the top 6 & Henriques might get the nod over Stoinis.
Starc, Cummins & Hazlewood are locks imo.
Hastings & Zampa for the last bowling spot.

Can see the team being:
D. Warner
A. Finch
S. Smith
M. Henriques
T. Head
G. Maxwell
M. Wade
P. Cummins
M. Starc
A. Zampa
J. Hazlewood
Unless theres a heap of turn I don't think they'll pick Zampa, because they will be playing at least one Maxwell and Head who can bowl spin.

Id also love to see Lynny in there, too good not to be picked for mine. Id even pick him over a Maxwell if needed.

1. Warner
2. Finch
3. Smith
4. Lynn
5. Head
6. Maxwell
7. Wade
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hastings
11. Hazlewood

Unless theres a heap of turn I don't think they'll pick Zampa, because they will be playing at least one Maxwell and Head who can bowl spin.

Id also love to see Lynny in there, too good not to be picked for mine. Id even pick him over a Maxwell if needed.

1. Warner
2. Finch
3. Smith
4. Lynn
5. Head
6. Maxwell
7. Wade
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hastings
11. Hazlewood

I don't mind that side either actually but i just think they'll want an extra bowling option. Relying on Head & Maxwell for 10 overs could be risky, not saying Henriques or Stoinis are that good either but at least there's another option if things go pear shaped.

If Henriques or Stoinis plays i'd pick Zampa, if not i'd go Hastings. Going to be interesting to see who they go with on Friday....not an easy call.

Geez some utterly abysmal batting by the Poms last night. They've impressed by racking up some monumental scores with this aggressive approach of late, but was cringeworthy watching them trying to slash their way through an excellent spell of tandem bowling from Rabada and Parnell. Absolutely inexcuseable to be six down within five overs of a match, regardless of format.

Has been working for them for a while, as it did for the Kiwis but when it comes unstuck the wheels really fall off. All well and good for the likes of Roy, Hales and Buttler to be slashing and slogging from the get-go, but need some discipline from quality around them like Root and Morgan who have no need to take those risks.
Finch = Man of the Series.

POMS = LOL'S of the Series

Thought I'd start a thread to discuss the Champions Trophy 2017 which Kicks off tonight with England v Bangladesh!

Great to have some decent cricket back especially for those with no interest in the IPL like myself.

Hard to see anyone other than England, Australia, India, South Africa making past the group stage - NZ probably the sneaky chance.

Would love to see Bangladesh knock off the Poms like they did in the last world cup, but England are in a vastly different place in ODI's now, Bayliss has really turned them around and deserves credit for it.

Would also love to see the Pakistan pace attack get India on a green top :)

Players to watch (outside of the obvious): Rabada, Babar, Lynn

Thought I'd start a thread to discuss the Champions Trophy 2017 which Kicks off tonight with England v Bangladesh!

Great to have some decent cricket back especially for those with no interest in the IPL like myself.

Hard to see anyone other than England, Australia, India, South Africa making past the group stage - NZ probably the sneaky chance.

Would love to see Bangladesh knock off the Poms like they did in the last world cup, but England are in a vastly different place in ODI's now, Bayliss has really turned them around and deserves credit for it.

Would also love to see the Pakistan pace attack get India on a green top :)

Players to watch (outside of the obvious): Rabada, Babar, Lynn

Yes the English are the most talented and probably the strongest all-round side going, however their unwavering commitment to approaching their innings with high risk batting can easily come unstuck against quality seam bowling (as Rabada and Parnell demonstrated beautifully the other night). Having said that, there's not really any side that can be said to be especially convincing in that area - other than maybe South Africa with the champion quartet of Amla, de Kock, du Plessis and de Villiers and we just saw the Poms roll them 2-1. Hoping for a Protea win.

Yes the English are the most talented and probably the strongest all-round side going, however their unwavering commitment to approaching their innings with high risk batting can easily come unstuck against quality seam bowling (as Rabada and Parnell demonstrated beautifully the other night). Having said that, there's not really any side that can be said to be especially convincing in that area - other than maybe South Africa with the champion quartet of Amla, de Kock, du Plessis and de Villiers and we just saw the Poms roll them 2-1. Hoping for a Protea win.
Reckon the Poms bowling looks relatively weak and will come unstuck.
We have a dangerous bowling line up but not with any great success in limited overs to this point.

Nah their bowling is pretty sound IMO. Plunkett and Woakes have been excellent for them recently with Stokes and Wood to back up is nothing to be sneezed at either. Rashid and Ali as the spin options caps them off nicely. Like any bowling attack in this era, they'll go the distance from time to time but it's about as good a mix as any going at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back