WTC Final Australia v India Only Test June 7-11 1800hrs @ the Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

''June is not the only month we should play the final," Rohit said. "It can be played any time of the year and anywhere in the world, not just in England, it can be played anywhere in the world."

Rohit has a point. Play them outside of England too with each Test playing nation hosting the final consecutively.
No, it must be neutral. Could you imagine it being played in India with India in the final? They prepare a pitch and a double sided coin that would ensure India won by 3 innings 3,489 runs and 36 wickets.

Yes, but it's also not often that one partnership is both mre than 50% of that innings and similar in size to the other 3 completed innings.

As I said "it was some excellent batting and meant the result was deserved" so I'm not tryign to take anything away, just pointing out that if it wasn't for that one partnership we'd be discussing this very differently.
So what you're basically saying is, if India were a better side, they would have performed better.

OK, I can see where you're going with this. If they were a better side (which they weren't) they might have not bowled garbage for 80 odd overs allowing a partnership to settle. You know, you may be on to something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see there being real heat on the ICC to move the location of the final if India lose it again in two years time to Aus/Eng/SA/NZ (which could easily happen).

India were gracious enough in defeat in 2021, they’ve sooked a bit this year but the toys will be well and truly out of the pram if they lose three in a row.

A final hosted in the subcontinent would be a complete joke, but if that’s what it takes for India to win one then it will almost certainly happen in a couple of cycles’ time.

If of course India win one in England, then this debate goes away entirely :)

A one off test final is strange. Tests are usually decided over a series - so the toss, the pitch, the weather has less impact on the result.

Australian-team-5-770x433.png

A one off test final is strange. Tests are usually decided over a series - so the toss, the pitch, the weather has less impact on the result.

noun

1. 1.
    the last game in a sports tournament or other competition, which will decide the winner of the tournament.

get rid of the IPL and then maybe we'd have the time to fit it in.

in any case many of the test nations only play a 2 test series, unless it involves Eng, Ind or Aust.

Last edited:
I can see there being real heat on the ICC to move the location of the final if India lose it again in two years time to Aus/Eng/SA/NZ (which could easily happen).

India were gracious enough in defeat in 2021, they’ve sooked a bit this year but the toys will be well and truly out of the pram if they lose three in a row.

A final hosted in the subcontinent would be a complete joke, but if that’s what it takes for India to win one then it will almost certainly happen in a couple of cycles’ time.

If of course India win one in England, then this debate goes away entirely :)

there was talk going around that play the 2 year cycle - then start the new cycle and play the final during the next cycle at the home country of whoever finished on top during their home summer.

eg. the game that just finished being played in november in australia for example (even though the new cycle has commenced).

not sure that's the way to do it either.

whats wrong with playing the WTC final in March - it'd open it up to a few countries able to host it.

Last edited:
noun

1. 1.
    the last game in a sports tournament or other competition, which will decide the winner of the tournament.

Thank you for your definition of final. I was asking why test matches should have a one off final when they have traditionally been held over a series of games.

Back