WTC Final Australia v India Only Test June 7-11 1800hrs @ the Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nasser interviewing Boland after the game 'now you'll get to experience what it's like playing in an Ashes Test!!

Forgetting Bolands record V England 3 tests 18 wickets at 9.55 :drunk:

Athers wrote an article about Boland in the Herald Sun and he did his research unlike the man with the big beak.

Might be so but he’s a liability in England and shouldn’t be opening.
And Harris is a liability in tests in general no matter where they're played. I hate Warner and wish he was retired but no thanks to Harris. Had a billion chances and ####ed every single one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you for your definition of final. I was asking why test matches should have a one off final when they have traditionally been held over a series of games.
Points are awarded in the WTC based on the result in every match, not every series.

It follows naturally to have a one-off final.

I can see there being real heat on the ICC to move the location of the final if India lose it again in two years time to Aus/Eng/SA/NZ (which could easily happen).

India were gracious enough in defeat in 2021, they’ve sooked a bit this year but the toys will be well and truly out of the pram if they lose three in a row.

A final hosted in the subcontinent would be a complete joke, but if that’s what it takes for India to win one then it will almost certainly happen in a couple of cycles’ time.

If of course India win one in England, then this debate goes away entirely :)
Why would a final on the subcontinent be a complete joke?

There's no perfect place for it, but no country is inherently better or worse than any other.

Thank you for your definition of final. I was asking why test matches should have a one off final when they have traditionally been held over a series of games.

I would think the series of tests happened as countries usually only play each other every 2-3 years so it makes sense to play a series of test matches while a country is visiting another.

I'm sure if it happened 30 years ago then the final would probably be a 3 test series.

However having a one off final is a sign of the times of where test cricket currently stands in the overall picture of the sport.

As others have said a 3 test series would eat into nearly a month of the year and there is no gap or overall interest in world cricket to do it.

I think Pakistan should host next, India gets the sub-continent game they want. And with it being a neutral game (I can't really see Pakistan making it) then there is no reason to make a road.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
India don’t play Pakistan - they won’t be going to play a Test there - neutral or not

Why would a final on the subcontinent be a complete joke?

There's no perfect place for it, but no country is inherently better or worse than any other.
A final in Nagpur or Delhi finishing in 2.5 days with the ball turning square from the fifth over of the match is objectively worse in my opinion.

Back